Dead in 3 hits

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Killing Is Heroism.8429

Killing Is Heroism.8429

I think I just found a wicked Engineer build..5 seconds into the fight I see my health drop from 15k to 3k at the blink of an eye then bam, dead…kind of strange, engineers used to be easy =P I’m fairly tanky too

Northern Shiverpeaks

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Probably Static Discharge build

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Static Discharge is pretty much the Burst Damage build of the Engineer, so as Berengar says, that’s probably it.

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Rosiep.9128

Rosiep.9128

Static discharge builds are effectively burst them down or die, simply avoid the burst and stomp. Pretty much stopped running that build by the fact that I die too quickly!

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Static Discharge is pretty much the Burst Damage build of the Engineer, so as Berengar says, that’s probably it.

Wish 100 nades would come back. It was fun to troll around in hot joins with.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

it really depends on what he was attacked with, coz bomb based builds can also kill ppl in seconds without needing to spam utility skills all day.

basically i ask the OP was there lots of lightning or explosions or both?

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

If its in WvW could possibly be a static discharge build running nades. The fact that you can get 120% crit damage is where that comes from. I routinely one shot thieves and elementalists with magnet/grenade barrage combo.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

They’ve either got static discharge or that magnet pull>mine field deal going. Or both.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Infor.9703

Infor.9703

I don’t find that mine field hits all the hard. maybe im missing something.

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Unhinged Carrot.3849

Unhinged Carrot.3849

I don’t find that mine field hits all the hard. maybe im missing something.

They don’t really. I don’t think they scale well, if it all. It can add some extra damage if you lay down the Mine Field, throw a BoB in the middle of it, Magnet someone in and trigger the Mine Field just before the bomb goes off. Will only hit with all the mines if you’re traited for the extra bomb & mine radius.

Zobb – Asura Engineer – Seafarer’s Rest

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

HGH Grenadier with berserker also hits very hard.

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

I think I just found a wicked Engineer build..5 seconds into the fight I see my health drop from 15k to 3k at the blink of an eye then bam, dead…kind of strange, engineers used to be easy =P I’m fairly tanky too

Was it a Charr with a Charrzooka from fort aspenwood?

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Most builds with Berserker gear don’t take very many hits. Even Warriors with 20k HP have to be careful.

That’s why Vigor is so important. Dodge the big hits and utilize Smoke Bomb, Static Shot, Smoke Vent, etc. etc.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Killing Is Heroism.8429

Killing Is Heroism.8429

No clue XD probably the static discharge…I never played engi so I’m very clueless but I’ve never seen such an effective spike! I play ele..50% berserker 50% PPT. I do good against most classes…but I’ve never seen anyone run that build, caught me off guard haha!

Northern Shiverpeaks

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Unhinged Carrot.3849

Unhinged Carrot.3849

Yeah, you’ll not survive a full SD unload even from full health with that gear as an elementalist; you’ve no chance if you’re not even aware what to look out for. If you see an Engineer with a rifle, there’s a good chance he’s running SD. He’ll unload a load of burst on you at some point, usually towards the start of the fight or as an opener. You’ll see a barrage of sparks fly out of him. Hit Mist Form at that moment. He’ll have blown his CD’s and then you can bring him down. It will all recharge when he hits 25% health though.

Zobb – Asura Engineer – Seafarer’s Rest

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

I’ve never been able to burst down anybody with the standard SD build in PvP, usually they get about a heal off or so before I down them. Is PVE damage just a lot better?

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’ve never been able to burst down anybody with the standard SD build in PvP, usually they get about a heal off or so before I down them. Is PVE damage just a lot better?

Yea you can stack a lot more damage with all the extra stats + food + oil.

Having more stats to play with and food/oil options also make more builds viable. That’s the main reason why I play WvW > PvP. I find PvP too restrictive.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dead in 3 hits

in Engineer

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There’s another possibility. :-)

A few weeks ago, I took my grenade/pistol/shield engineer alt into WvW for fun. I encountered a ranger and we started dulling. I tossed the grenade toolbelt skill to him and switched to Magnetic Shield. At the exact moment, he started his rapid fire while my golem did so as well.

It was sheer luck of course, but suffice it to say, that was one powerful spike. :-)

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.