Defending Hero's Lodge (wvw vid)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

http://youtu.be/rehB0OqtrPM

All this fights took place in 30-40 minutes, I cut the walking around part, I also cut the part where I die to that Piken engie and guardian duo mainly because it took forever, it was 5 mins of prybars to the face between engies and the guardian going down and back from spawn again. I just felt like mentioned for the sake of truth and because that engie deserved credit.
Anyway, this is 30 mins cut down to 14 of walking around in my shoes solo in wvw.

If you enjoy it half as much watching it as I did fighting them, I’m happy.

(nothing changed about my build, feel free to inquire about stuff but most was probably answered in previous movie threads by me -I’ll add links when I feel less lazy)

cheers!

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: AryasRevenge.3175

AryasRevenge.3175

That was… insane.
There is no doubt you are a highly skilled player, but theres one thing that keeps bugging me, why do their attacks do so low damage :p

(edited by AryasRevenge.3175)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Loved the engi-engi duel.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

I always meant to ask, do you feel like there is a distinct advantage over being an asura over a larger character? Only thing I can think of is that the attack animations will be harder to read.

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Awesome video as allways Maskaganda!
Love how well the Toolkit is working out for you, glad you ended up picking it!
Can’t remeber the name on the Engineer [BC] guild, but seen her around and been handing ab it around with her, and she’s a great player! some solid fights!
A tip, the theif doing his spin around Ulti in the first battle, whack him with the Prybar, he can’t reflect that, and his gonna take a truck lose of confusion damage! =)

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

I know amadeus, I just wanted to shield myself first and get close so I wouldnt take any damage, I used it just after. Then he went pro and 22222222222222222’d himself to death. And yea, I dueled that engie before and his insanely tanky guardian too.

@qqing asura get all the girls.

thanks all!

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

Nothing like a super pro Theif that 222222222 himself to death hehe Allways makes my day better hehe

in Engineer

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Confusion + Guardian runes + Gear shield works like a charm for me atm

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Engineer

Posted by: Drannor.3128

Drannor.3128

Nice music for the first time. Haha :P

[TEAR]
Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

@qqing asura get all the girls.

thanks all!

See you make me want to reroll my charr to asura, but replacing my 5 gear sets will make me cry

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

That was… insane.
There is no doubt you are a highly skilled player, but theres one thing that keeps bugging me, why do their attacks do so low damage :p

By their attacks, do you mean other players? If so, I’ve wondered that too. Mask’s toughness isn’t super high, and I use dodges as much as he does, but even a few stray attacks landing seems to put me down dangerously low. I’ve seen Mask run around getting pelted while at low health and it seems like he’s not even being hit. What gives, Mask-dude?

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

He got perma Regen and often large duration of Protection running, that’s help a lot on the defence!

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

The race has an impact, even if minor, to the gameplay, I’m rarely able to know when an Asura is dodging, the direction it’s facing during a combat and things like that.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Then he went pro and 22222222222222222’d himself to death. And yea, I dueled that engie before and his insanely tanky guardian too.

I LOL’d

Did you leave the engie downed out of respect? That’s pretty cool.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

He got perma Regen and often large duration of Protection running, that’s help a lot on the defence!

I also think a combination of retaliation and confusion makes players hesitant to go all-out burst when they start seeing the red numbers popping up. So while both of those are offensive, I think there is a bit of a defense side to them as well that helps keep mask alive.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

@Amadeus and Eviator: You both make good points. I think the protection is what I’m seeing the effects of most since I was referring to the actual hits that land, not the ones who hold back due to confusion.

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

You were lucky with that rally on 1:30 ;]

in Engineer

Posted by: Iddiozzia.3489

Iddiozzia.3489

It must have been a blast to play that, i’m amazed on how many things happened in 30 minutes.
Actually i even stopped playing for that reason, for every minute of fight i had to search enemies for 15, maybe i should just have changed realm XD.
However very entertaining and solid video, you already mastered this build aswell (the small mistakes of the previous video are gone, and your gameplay improved a lot with this build)
also the engineer duel was fun.
Good job

(edited by Iddiozzia.3489)

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Ok, so:
Boons have their importance keeping me up, relatively long protection and permanent regeneration help alot but swiftness is just as important.

Another thing is having the timings right and know when to engage/disengage a foe and who to kill first. My heal is on a 20 seconds cooldown. During those 20 seconds I can have 6 seconds of immunity, 3-4 dodges and 2 snare puddles. While you have these up and ready, the fight is under control, once those are used it’s generally time to disengage. If you notice I don’t run away at 25% hp, I start disengaging when I get focused by more than 2-3 guys -or when stuff goes wrong and I need to reset the fight- so when I eventually run away I’m at times at low hp but Im not taking damage anymore. Also notice that when attacking unprepared enemies you have a window of a 3-4 seconds before everyone reacts and attacks you, so if I haven’t done what I wanted before that, it’s time to get out. With some luck, someone will follow me and be killed.
and having 409 means Im pretty much immune to conditions except when many are dumped at the same time which means no long cripples, chills, vulns, immobilizes, etc.
my 2c anyway :p

@drannor WHAT? /spit /guildleave /block

@Mrforz Asura also have problems at times with being too small, especially melee characters, it’s hard to see your own character sometimes.

@iddiozzia I still make alot of stupid mistakes, luckily most players I fight seem to do more than me :p

thank you all

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

@Iddizzia EU T3-T2 got plenty of action for solo roaming (where Piken Square is sitting most of the time), there is a lot of people active in the EU primetime period, but also midday and late evenings can bring you a lot of action!

Edit: This movie is from last week T3 match up :b

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Impressive yet again Maskaganda. Nothing beats defending supply camps.
Sad to see you drop from our tier. No more gandarians who actually put up a fight.

No idea what Dran is talking about, since I always watch the vids on a comp without sound :p

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

First off: Awesome fight – barely understood whats going on, since you do so many stuff at the same time
Could you give me a quick overview regarding traits, equipp and sigils? I am relatively new to the engineer class but dont want to play any other anymore!
Help would be very much appreciated
/subscribed!

Edit: Two quick questions: can you cast Elixirs while stunned or CCed? And how did you manage to get so much Might Stacks?

(edited by Assassin.7890)

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Y u no let me watch on ipad??

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Good vid and nice fights . And there are always lots of fights if you take the AR south camp =)

Oh and it must be annoying to drink elixir s with your screen bugging out like that =P

I take it you were the engi? if so, well done, nice fighting you.

First off: Awesome fight – barely understood whats going on, since you do so many stuff at the same time
Could you give me a quick overview regarding traits, equipp and sigils? I am relatively new to the engineer class but dont want to play any other anymore!
Help would be very much appreciated
/subscribed!

Edit: Two quick questions: can you cast Elixirs while stunned or CCed? And how did you manage to get so much Might Stacks?

most info you want should be here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Paradigm-SHIFT-a-wvw-movie/first#post1675663

and no, you cannot cast elixirs while stunned, only S and R which are stunbreakers.
most might stacks come from HGH, a trait in the alchemy traitline which gives 2 stacks of might per elixir consumed (1 on tosses). I also use a might on crit sigil (sigil of strength) and I run with +70% boon duration atm which allows for increased stacks of might too.

Y u no let me watch on ipad??

sorry, not my fault… youtube copyright legalities :\

in Engineer

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

I’m not sure if it shows more or less discipline on my opponents’ part but every time I get around a group taking a camp I’m much more likely to get focus fired by everyone rather than getting to peal them off in 1s and 2s.

I am curious what your targeting order is? And note to self, remember box of nails.

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

they did lack discipline and also underestimated me and the piken duo. those were 3 way fights so it might have contributed-

my targeting order changes wildly depending on what I’m facing but in very generally is :

level 80 thieves -always, even if you were about to kill someone else
players who stray too far from their group
sub 80s, mainly eles, thieves, rangers and mesmers (that upleveled green arrow on the real mesmer is priceless) but not guardians
staff eles
anything at less than 50% hp
anything with cof gear
d/d eles unless they are tanky
rifle warriors, melee ones are kiteable, longbow is easily avoided
bow rangers but not the melee ones and not the tanky ones
melee warriors
engineers
mesmers
necros (depends heavily on their build and signets)
guardians

actually as I type this I realize it’s more a matter of targets meeting a number of criteria than a straight priority thing, except for thieves :p
obviously alot of times someone will present themselves as a better target either by having low hp or by going too far from the main group; the inverse also happens when someone is just too tanky or knows when to disengage. if that happens its better to switch targets as soon as you realize it.
regarding necros: sometimes, mainly when I’m in a group, they are the first target (if no thief!) due to their signets or general build. if they run plague signet or spite + epidemic they need to be dealt with first so they dont have many chances to use those.

incidently, I find that (p/p) engineers are great target callers/main assists due to locking a target down with confusion and poison and having a privileged position in a fight, something my other 80 toons aren’t so great for.

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Engineer

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

I see you are on Gandara (if your signatur is still correct). Seems i have to check FS mill over the next few days, most duels going on there.

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

I did some duels at the fs mill on saturday. duels are not my thing, I prefer roaming. still, it was fun, I only got beaten 3 times by 3 different mesmers who lost the majority of times anyway, I ended up staying there for hours because everyone wanted to duel and re-duel me, being the only engie and one of the few (the only?) non thief/mesmer/warrior/ranger around.