Delay on bomb Grenade Flight

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Should the delay on bombs (not the BoB toolbelt kit) be reduced so that the engineer would perform better in a larger zerg v zerg situation in wvw?

Outside ascetics, would it really add to the power level of the engineer unfairly in any other mode of play?

With lag and the murderball of pvp often the enemy is not where you placed the bomb and given the radius of the bomb it isn’t like the grenade where you throw where you anticipate them going to be.

1. Would it be unfair to increase the speed of the grenade flight? This again would greatly help an engineer in wvw where multiple enemies run in multiple directions and there tends to be lag issues so it is not a pure “throw where they will be” issue.
    Given performance is a bit of an issue, why not speed the grenades up to improve predictability of the damage? Think Read the Wind only less dramatic.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Grenades can be faster for sure. Imo what we need is change grenades to grenade launcher so grenade will be faster and it will loook more kitten:-)
Imo bombs will be great if lenght of fuse will depend on how long you will hold a button like if you just click it explode lets say in 0.1s delay but if you hold button before release fuse will be longer and also bomb will hit harder because delay in dps.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I don’t feel any of these are needed.

The reason the grenade kit and bomb kit can have relatively high AoE damage output is due to the fact that the require some semblance of timing, positioning, and precision to land properly.

If you want to take that element away, you also need to give something else up, which will end up being the raw damage or condition output. I feel this would be an ultimately worse thing overall, so it’s better to leave it as is.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Maybe Yams. The issue is when the groups get really big and laggy, it becomes less about your skill and more random than not.

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

Then the real issue is whatever lag you’re experiencing, rather than something inherent in the skills themselves.

It would also seem to me that its actually much easier to land hits with bombs and grenades in a zerg vs. zerg scenario. In a small scale fight, you have to predict the movements of your enemies with more precision so your abilities don’t miss (which is why people often throw grenades at point-blank), but in a zerg scenario people won’t be actively trying to avoid your attacks. You can lob or place them into the group and quite easily hit people.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

The reason the grenade kit and bomb kit can have relatively high AoE damage output is due to the fact that the require some semblance of timing, positioning, and precision to land properly.

If you want to take that element away, you also need to give something else up, which will end up being the raw damage or condition output. I feel this would be an ultimately worse thing overall, so it’s better to leave it as is.

Other classes have skills with simillar base damage aoe without timing of positioning so if someone deserve new bigger candy its engi:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

Other classes have skills with simillar base damage aoe without timing of positioning so if someone deserve new bigger candy its engi:-P

Mind providing examples?

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Mind providing examples?

Basicly all classes with their best AA? I didnt do precise maths but when I run dung with fellow warriors for example our AA (Bomb) hits for pretty much same.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Should the delay on bombs (not the BoB toolbelt kit) be reduced so that the engineer would perform better in a larger zerg v zerg situation in wvw?

Outside ascetics, would it really add to the power level of the engineer unfairly in any other mode of play?

With lag and the murderball of pvp often the enemy is not where you placed the bomb and given the radius of the bomb it isn’t like the grenade where you throw where you anticipate them going to be.

1. Would it be unfair to increase the speed of the grenade flight? This again would greatly help an engineer in wvw where multiple enemies run in multiple directions and there tends to be lag issues so it is not a pure “throw where they will be” issue.
    Given performance is a bit of an issue, why not speed the grenades up to improve predictability of the damage? Think Read the Wind only less dramatic.

I don’t think any of this is necessary. Engineers need to rely on skillshots in small encounters, and in zerg encounters, you can’t miss anyway. Speeding them up would just get us nerfed when people lose 1v1s to us, without helping us in zergs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Mind providing examples?

Basicly all classes with their best AA? I didnt do precise maths but when I run dung with fellow warriors for example our AA (Bomb) hits for pretty much same.

Warrior autoattack: frontal cone cleave, range 130, max 3 targets (except hammer chain #3)
Bomb #1: 360° aoe, radius 180 (240 traited), 5 targets

Even if the frontal cone is 180°, the area covered with traited bombs is almost 7 times as big.
This difference is not noticeable when stacking in dungeons, but for zerg fights it’s huge.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Making bomb delay 1/2s less (or 1/4s take from cast time 1/4s take from delay time)
And Grenades make speed boost to flight on 20-30% (for distance 400+)

And i’m happy.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie