Delete Kit Refinement , Give Speedy Kits Back

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

Anet : Oh cmoon i gave you a overpowered skill THE KIT REFINEMENT. Have fun
Me : You know nothing Anet…

Pls no . Dont nerf the my baby ;_;
This is the worst nerf i ve ever seen for engis. We dont need kit refinement .But if you want to force me to take it you shouldn’t touch my merged skill with it. Mobility is a core thing for an engi.It is something like nerfing blocks for guard or nerfing all weapons for warrior…

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in Engineer

Posted by: jknrich.1549

jknrich.1549

Look above you or below you there is a thread on this subject.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The way I see it, it’s like this…

I go into a restaurant to order a burger.

In taking my order, the server let’s me know that my burger comes with a side of a steaming pile of crap.

I let them know that I’d prefer to have the burger without the side of crap.

The server is a bit surprised, and assures me that the crap is included at no extra charge.

I let them know that I don’t really care about the price, I’d just prefer to have the burger without the pile of crap.

The server then gives me a puzzled look and inquires about why I would pay the same price for a meal when it doesn’t include the free side of crap.

I then try to explain that I simply want the burger, and that having the side of crap along with it, while free, would lessen my entire enjoyment of the burger.

Something like that, anyways… The point is that the pile of crap DID NOT ADD VALUE to my meal, even though it was free, so I just wanted it gone.

If I may be cynical about it (read, I’m going to be cynical about it), the devs are just convinced that kit refinement has always been a very special and underloved trait since it was nerfed through the floor, and making this change is a way for players to finally try it out and realize how super special and awesomely fun it is.

In other words, they want us to like it and this is how they are going to make us like it.

I don’t even care about the perma-swiftness removal. Take it away, go ahead.

But just like the burger and the pile of crap, don’t tack kit refinement onto speedy kits, because as far as I’m concerned it DOES NOT ADD VALUE to the trait. I’d rather that part of it just be deleted, even if it keeps the 20 ICD.

in Engineer

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

yay now we cant even change kits while in stealth without worrying about reveal!!!!
amazing

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

yay now we cant even change kits while in stealth without worrying about reveal!!!!
amazing

you cant change to grenade kit in stealth.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The way I see it, it’s like this…

I go into a restaurant to order a burger.

In taking my order, the server let’s me know that my burger comes with a side of a steaming pile of crap.

I let them know that I’d prefer to have the burger without the side of crap.

The server is a bit surprised, and assures me that the crap is included at no extra charge.

I let them know that I don’t really care about the price, I’d just prefer to have the burger without the pile of crap.

The server then gives me a puzzled look and inquires about why I would pay the same price for a meal when it doesn’t include the free side of crap.

I then try to explain that I simply want the burger, and that having the side of crap along with it, while free, would lessen my entire enjoyment of the burger.

Something like that, anyways… The point is that the pile of crap DID NOT ADD VALUE to my meal, even though it was free, so I just wanted it gone.

If I may be cynical about it (read, I’m going to be cynical about it), the devs are just convinced that kit refinement has always been a very special and underloved trait since it was nerfed through the floor, and making this change is a way for players to finally try it out and realize how super special and awesomely fun it is.

In other words, they want us to like it and this is how they are going to make us like it.

I don’t even care about the perma-swiftness removal. Take it away, go ahead.

But just like the burger and the pile of crap, don’t tack kit refinement onto speedy kits, because as far as I’m concerned it DOES NOT ADD VALUE to the trait. I’d rather that part of it just be deleted, even if it keeps the 20 ICD.

Yah but that pile of kitten isn’t even free.

You want one hamburger and instead get half a hamburger and a steaming pile of kitten. And they try to pass it off as a good deal for you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Who cares?
armor exploit is awesome for builds that also go into explosives & alchemy.
Mecha-legs are awesome for all builds that go into inventions, since it comes together with leg-mods.
And inventions itself brings much needed survivability for all builds, so it’s not even hurtful, but profitable to go into it.

Yes, mecha-legs competes with soothing detonation, but we still can combo our waterfields directly with all the blasts we get, and bunker-down will still provide you with all the heal you need.
And even if you look into the adept-tier traits in inventions, there is a reasonable pick for all kinds of builds.

condi p/s?
take overshield

wanna use A.E.D or healing turret?
pick automated medical response

you wanna get some crazy blind-spam and already have picked explosives?
Pick automated bomb dispenser

Mechalegs are awesome.
The new inventions-line is awesome.
A mayority of our traits now comes with great synergy and even the ones that were garbage before are either gone, made baseline, or got put together with other traits to make them useful in a bundle.

Yes, kit-refinement is a huge let-down, but nothing we couldn’t overcome easily.
All classes are changing. That means tabula rasa for the meta. enjoy that opportunity to experience a complete new play-style for your beloved classes and the ones you never gave a kitten about. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the one who makes some lucky choices and defines the new meta.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I still can’t understand what’s the point of putting them together. One is a bunch of highly situational abilities, the other is a general purpose buff, and both have the same trigger. There is no point on getting both of these abilities, as they conflict one with the other.
And yet they made exactly that, putting them on an higher tier nonetheless.
It doesn’t make any sense to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I wonder, is there anything mortar kit can give when activating kit refinment that would make it worth all this? Any Suggestions?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

welp, they said they give us one heal and one grand-master per utility-type.

What will our gadget grandmaster be?
What will the overcharge do for it?

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I wonder, is there anything mortar kit can give when activating kit refinment that would make it worth all this? Any Suggestions?

Concussion Barrage

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Concussion Barrage

is that your proposal, or is there any source to back this up.
Would be pretty awesome if it were true, and give kit-refinement the edge it needs to go out of being meh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Mortar Kit KR proc is a pile of gunk. Like, the one that thieves steal from engineers. It applies random condis and acts as an ethereal field. Source: livestream.