Devs can you look into alchemy before xpac?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Talking about the middle traits

elixir gun trait
elixir S trait
kit trait

With holosmith coming, we’ll be able to play without kits meaning we won’t need the 1st and 3rd traits, so we’ll end up with elixir S but it’s not really good as it can proc at the wrong time and get you killed or let your opponents escape. I’d appreciate if you could take a look at them before xpac releases.

in Engineer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Take a look at the whole line other than HGH. <3

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Engineer

Kaizoku.1298

First line is fine, even though 2 out of 3 is useless, protection is a good one to go for in any build, unlike the second line.

in Engineer

Famine.7915

First line is fine, even though 2 out of 3 is useless, protection is a good one to go for in any build, unlike the second line.

Yeah. Just didn’t remember the name of protection one.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Idk, the last line of options are actually in a weird poistion, neither of the options sound weak on paper, but HGH do many things at once in a trait that is related to elixirs that its so hard to not take it.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Famine.7915

Idk, the last line of options are actually in a weird poistion, neither of the options sound weak on paper, but HGH do many things at once in a trait that is related to elixirs that its so hard to not take it.

Without a doubt one of the best traits in the game.

Vee/Volk
Necromancer

in Engineer

Kaizoku.1298

Still, first line and last line are fine since if you don’t want HGH you can choose another one that won’t be useless, but in the middle line, if you don’t run kits you have to choose Elixir S which will get you killed 90% of the time so you end up choosing another trait that won’t change anything one bit since you don’t use kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

we’ll be able to play without kits meaning we won’t need the 1st and 3rd traits

What if I told you that some of us LOVE kits and won’t play Holosmith? I use Elixir Gun (it’s my 2nd main kit) so either buff the trait or leave it alone, maybe merge it with Backpack Regenerator or something… They already nerfed my Reaper’s shroud because of the lame new elite spec, don’t ruin my Engi too, for kittens sake! Some of us enjoy these old mechanics (kits, shroud) and I’m getting tired of Anet slowly killing them…

in Engineer

Posted by: Kusumura.8642

Kusumura.8642

Talking about the middle traits

elixir gun trait
elixir S trait
kit trait

With holosmith coming, we’ll be able to play without kits meaning we won’t need the 1st and 3rd traits -snip-.

Oh, no. No, no, no.

We won’t be able to play without kits. No, we’ll still need kits to break anywhere near our current performance for the meta. Oh, we’ll still require kits.

We just won’t be able to use them efficiently!

Couple that with the self-damaging nonsense, and expect Holosmith to be kicked to the wayside inside of two days once the Meta-kittens get their hands on theorycrafting group compositions with it. Yes, yes. It doesn’t really matter what Engineer does at this point; we’re completely kicked out of the Meta once this expac launches. Completely lacking in group support, self-damaging and the damage is.. yeah, okay, the damage is pretty rad, but a good DPS that does not make.

It’s been fun, boys. Good thing we still have a wide, open world to explore for meaningful rewards to keep up with gearchecks.

.. Oh, wait. Open-world doesn’t.. really give much in the way of Ascended gear. Taff, there’s not even proper loot to pick up and sell for cash anymore without having to go and play a slot machine.

Oh, dear. This is what happens when we invite Developers to the party.
https://youtu.be/1dJUx6vOK4w

in Engineer

Kaizoku.1298

I’m just going to ignore you since you’ve been posting your salt all over the forums Kusumura.
And for Mea, I’m not talking about people who love kits, I’m talking about those who doesn’t so whether you love kits or not is irrelevant to what I said.
I’m just asking for more synergy in that line, Backpack Regenerator could merge with Inversion Enzymes and leave it’s spot for a new trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

And for Mea, I’m not talking about people who love kits, I’m talking about those who doesn’t so whether you love kits or not is irrelevant to what I said.
I’m just asking for more synergy in that line, Backpack Regenerator could merge with Inversion Enzymes and leave it’s spot for a new trait.

Okay, that sounds good. I misunderstood, thought you wanted to get rid of the kit traits altogether, lol. My bad.

in Engineer

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

[snip] and the damage is.. yeah, okay, the damage is pretty rad, [snip]

If you look at the skills they have very high base damage values with low scaling. Also the seemingly random addition of ‘explosive’ type on some of the skills (i.e. pointing you to the explosives trait line for synergy). To me, this suggests that the devs want you to play holosmith as a hybrid power/condi setup for your damage. We’ll have to wait for the beta weekend to test stuff out, get more details though and confirm the skill values, etc.

Profs that actually do ‘rad damage’ are typically classes that just play a game of ‘collect the damage modifiers’ or can hemorrhage loads of condis, burning in particular. Looking at the skills and traits, neither of these concepts have been implemented.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This was one of my requests.

I requested they look at explosives, alchemy (the potions not the gun effects), and gadgets.

So far they have looked at explosives which was long overdue yes.

I do request they continue with Alchemy Elixirs and with the lack of buffs with Gadgets as a trait.

Ammo is awesome don’t misunderstand but there used to be an option much like there is a trait for turrets, where gadgets produced boons.

There used to be a damage output of thrown elixirs. I’d like that to be expanded as a trait. Elixirs that are thrown should have chemical effect AOE zones such as an acid pool or a tar pit that enhances fire damage, or even a splash of goo that hardens enemies into stone for a couple of seconds.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

tigirius.9014:
Acidic Elixirs Thrown elixirs cause damage when they land and remove a boon.

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

tigirius.9014:
Acidic Elixirs Thrown elixirs cause damage when they land and remove a boon.

kitten I forgot they removed that. Wish they would bring that back!