Did you craft a ascended weapon?

in Engineer

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Hi,

Have you crafted a ascended weapon for your engineer? The thing that the kits doesnt take the ascended pistol into account puts me off.

I have a engineer that i use for wvw and run p/s 30/10/0/20/10 grenade/bomb and cant decide if i should build him a ascended pistol or not.

What did you do?

FSP

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I did but only because I was bored. It is not worth it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.7203

Zach.7203

Nope. All of my efforts toward crafting Ascended weapons have been for my Warrior and my Mesmer. My Engineer, while my favorite character to play, is lowest on my priority list for the reasons you’ve already elucidated (plus the annoying fact that Givers’ stats aren’t available, which is the reason that I’ve got the materials to craft the Flameseeker Prophecies in the bank but still haven’t put it together yet).

The only reason I’d prioritize my Engineer in my Ascended weapon crafting would be if it were my only toon with which I was comfortable participating in high-level Fractals, as those infusion slots actually start to matter there.

in Engineer

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

I have all 3 crafting professions at 500 and crafted the weapons i need for my Guardian (PvE char), and now i got materials for 1 more weapon, and cant decide which character that should get it. I have my engineer as main wvw roaming character at the moment, but perhaps ill sit back for a while and gather some more and bide my time. Thx for the input.

FSP

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

No, the benefit is borderline nonexistant on a condition build.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

ascended what???

but seriously no i never got around to it yet but perhaps soon enough with the large burst from rifle+bomb+nade tanky build you almost feel like a thief but taking 5 times longer than those 1 second kills

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I’ll be finishing my http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mathilde%27s_Revolver at 7 PM AZ time this evening.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

No.

Giver’s stats arent on Ascended. So the time and gold i’d have to spend to rearrange my gear and runes just so that getting ascended wont be a downgrade isnt worth it. Not to mention i’d have to change a few things to the way i enjoy playing.

And even then its only a small buff because its weapondamage doesnt benefit our kits. I’m trying to get the Sunless weapon, but just for the skin. I’ll transmute it and “downgrade” it to an exotic when i finally get it, because its more beneficial.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

For wvw and fractal matters the infusion slots coming with the ascended would sure come in handy. Also there is some rifle builds that don’t use kits too much. Other than that i can’t think of a reason why you should craft an ascended for an engi if you have other chars waiting for one too

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I crafted a Wupwup rifle for my hybrid HGH build and I have a teq ascended weapon box which I will likely get the pistol out of. Cost wise it made the most sense as it requires the least cash to get weapons for my engineer additionally it is also my most geared toon.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

No. Why would I? No kit damage benefit, and as I spend the majority of my time kitted, I gain no real advantage.

There’s no reason for me to make them for my engineer. I’ve instead been made them for my ranger, and potentially my guardian some day.

I don’t do fractals enough for the infusion to matter personally.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Crafted the shield. Rabid. Kinda need Dire now which I am not willing to recraft.

in Engineer

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

Does our Kit scales with Ascended weapons?

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

in Engineer

Posted by: Spegar.5708

Spegar.5708

Out kit take exo damage. We do get the bonus stats (3 main and 1 secondaries, i think), but no, ascended weapon don’t really do anything to kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Does our Kit scales with Ascended weapons?

Damage range? No they do not. Pure stats? Yes they do. Unless you were running givers you are effectively under gearing the toon if you have access to an ascended weapon but refuse to craft one. That being said. It isn’t that big a deal to have one or not from a stat perspective.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

crafted one, got 2 drops in wvw. I’ll craft another when I get enough materials. I’m not farming those mats tho so it might take time :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

My engineer is my favorite class to play. So far, I’ve crafted 3 ascended weapons. My mesmer got 2 (gs+sword) and my necro got 1 (axe). There is no reason to blow 50+ gold and the farm time for shards to get an ascended weapon for a condi engy. The stat increase on the weapons wouldn’t even raise my bleed tick 1 point. That, coupled with the fact that the weapon damage doesn’t affect kits, makes it a waste of time and money. If I were to make another weapon, it would go to my thief who I play maybe once every couple of months.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I finished Mathilde’s Revolver last night. Man does it look sweet. Now I need to find armor skins that look like old west gunslinger attire.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Not yet. I’m waiting to see how the new legendary weapons look first. I’m also waiting to see what new weapon types we get.

But I’m slowly getting Huntsman and Weaponsmithing to 500 by converting materials.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians