Dire over Rabid (wvw/pvp) ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Death Scythe.9738

Death Scythe.9738

I understand why dire could be superior to rabid on condition builds since it barely use precision, but Rabid still viable ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

sure, cause condition builds use precision (all “on crit” condition applies)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

dire is a fairly useless set for wvw engies in my opinion. sure, you’ll have that extra passive tankiness but your damage output will be very low. also, any decent group you find will just completely negate your condition damage.

rabid is viable and so is carrion, celestial or any mix of the above.
you can always try dire with a sigil of inteligence but I’m not really a fan of giving up a sigil when engie is already limited to two.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Death Scythe.9738

Death Scythe.9738

sure, cause condition builds use precision (all “on crit” condition applies)

I totally forgot that with the changes on critical damage, silly question . I actually prefer Rabid over Dire, but a bunch of builds are using Dire so making me wonder

(edited by Death Scythe.9738)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I recommend a mixture of dire/rabid to get just enough crit to make incendiary powder reliable enough with grenades

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I recommend a mixture of dire/rabid to get just enough crit to make incendiary powder reliable enough with grenades

This^^ I personal like to have around 30% though I generally run hybrid instead full condi build.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir