[Discussion] Engi Weapons with worthy AA's

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I’ve been thinking about this for a while, How our gameplay would be affected if our Auto Attacks where actually good to use, doesnt matter the weapon, even hammer is up to join the conversation.

Think about it, would you be up to sacrifice some of our mandatory kit complexity (wich means engi with a less higher skill ceiling) for a worthy weapon AA?

Sure not 100% becuase kits will still be the kitten (in a good way), but at least freeing 1 or 2 slots and let other utilites see play, first off, they would had to beat our grenades aa, (and/or nerf grenades aa), so, they must be a great aa for not using grenade aa, if we get such aa.

So, what is your opinion on getting a change in our weapons aa?

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Sounds great to me! Anything to help make Engi a tad more viable for content and play. Have often wondered about our AA, me being a fairly new Engineer and all it did seem a bit lackluster compared to other classes.
So yea, right on the mark I’d say!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I don’t PvE much but wouldn’t that just make the game easier as opposed to more challenging? I also thought bomb kit grenades/bomb kit hit pretty hard anyway?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It could be an interesting way to balance things: if the weapons AA are stronger than the kits AA, then weapons become more relevant and kits less mandatory. The problem is reaching the sweet spot without gutting the profession in the process…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

In raids at least, the lack of a good autoattack is the largest factor in engineer being undesirable. Typically DPS classes in raids are brought for their utility, not strictly for their damage. This is why thief is fairly uncommon despite having the highest DPS in several fights – it brings no utility and its DPS isn’t so much higher than ele and guardian that it makes a large difference.

Engineer has a bit less DPS but it is within 5-10% of the top DPS classes in some fights. The problem is that engineer cannot bring utility. It is locked into 4 kits on the condi build, and it is locked into rifle turret / bomb kit / grenade kit on the power build. These kits provide some utility with knockbacks and blinds but ultimately those are just not that useful compared to things like free protection, group condi cleanse, group stability, reflects, etc.

Funnily enough engineer actually has all of those things besides permanent group protection, plus some unique things like bulwark gyro (which is also a reflect!) and function gyro, but can’t bring any of them because it loses too much DPS by dropping a kit, and it can’t being support traits or gyros because those are locked behind alchemy, inventions, and scrapper.

Engineer needs a good autoattack. It won’t fix everything but it will at least give us one or more utility slots. It would also be nice if Glass Cannon and Shaped Charge were made baseline and replaced with actual explosives themed skills so that you don’t have to take Explosives to hit someone with your non-exploding weapons. Then we might have one free traitline as well!

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

Engineer needs a good autoattack. It won’t fix everything but it will at least give us one or more utility slots. It would also be nice if Glass Cannon and Shaped Charge were made baseline and replaced with actual explosives themed skills so that you don’t have to take Explosives to hit someone with your non-exploding weapons. Then we might have one free traitline as well!

Yes please! Make those or some others baseline like you said and it frees us up from being locked down into traits that we really don’t use for the most part. Some versatility to our builds would be a joy and opening up a traitline or two would leave room for some much needed utility, GROUP SUPPORT kind of stuff. Make us viable again.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

We are viable, desirable? thats another story :/

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Joxer.6024

We are viable, desirable? thats another story :/

Yea, good point! Bad choice of the English for me on that one. As many have said many times, ALL classes are viable, but which of those people actually want to take is where the issues lie.
But I shall hold the faith! When I came back to this game almost 2 years now I rolled a Necro and was blasted for it. “Selfish” class, sucks,no one wants,etc. Then look what happened….Necros blew up! So now that I have found a class I really enjoy I will stick with it and hope that Engi’s too get another look-see and some love, as well as any other class that could use the developer “hug-of-not-being-sucky”!