Do EG skills work with Alchemy in WvW?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Hi all,

I’ve been playing engineer in pvp almost exclusively for the past year or so. With the server mergers and the rewards giving a second life to WvW roaming, I’ve dusted my old condi roaming engineer build. It uses Elixir Gun and Alchemy, but the tooltip for Acid Bomb and Super Elixir don’t show the text “Conditions removed: 1” associated with Alchemical Tinctures, while on the other hand it shows in the tooltips for Healing Mist and my other elixirs. Furthermore, it seems to me that those two skills simply don’t work with the trait: Super Elixir only removes one condi, and Acid Bomb simply does not cure any condition.

The worst part is that it worked fine in spvp, at least the last time I’ve played this game mode. Have you noticed this? It’s rather game breaking, since I’m not forced to use Medic Gyro as my heal skill (the cast time on the turret makes it useless in outnumbered scenarios), and I often find myself short on condi removal.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

With alchemy (Alchemical tinctures) healing mist removes 1 condi and super elixir removes 2 condies non of the other skills remove condies on your self. Without alchemy only Super elixir removes a condi on your self (only 1 this time). There are many tooltips that give wrong information. Sigil of cleansing is also a good condi remover in wvw.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Sorel.4870

With alchemy (Alchemical tinctures) healing mist removes 1 condi and super elixir removes 2 condies non of the other skills remove condies on your self. Without alchemy only Super elixir removes a condi on your self (only 1 this time). There are many tooltips that give wrong information. Sigil of cleansing is also a good condi remover in wvw.

So you think it does remove conditions but only the tooltip is wrong? I might need to perform further testing, but I could have sworn Acid Bomb didn’t remove any conditions on me when traited.

Also, thank you for your advice. I do run Sigil of Cleansing and it is a blessing, especially in dealing with confusion.

in Engineer

santenal.1054

So you think it does remove conditions but only the tooltip is wrong? I might need to perform further testing, but I could have sworn Acid Bomb didn’t remove any conditions on me when traited.

Acid Bomb does not remove a condition, only the 2 skills i mentioned remove conditions on your self when traited (healing mis (1 condi) and super elixir (2 condies)). not traited only super elixir removes a condition.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Uhm I tested this in sPvP some days ago and acid bomb removes a condi when trained.

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Uhm I tested this in sPvP some days ago and acid bomb removes a condi when trained.

Acid bomb does not remove a condition (when traited) in WVW according to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkyXRpyfKF8&feature=youtu.be
Can you provide proof for PVP? I can’t test it out for my self the comming 10 hours.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Acid bomb isn’t thrown or consumed, so it doesn’t remove a condi. It does give you might though because of HGH

Super Elixir isn’t effected by it either; it removes one condition by default.

Healing mist though works for all elixir traits for whatever reason despite not being an elixir or being thrown or consumed.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Super Elixir isn’t effected by it either; it removes one condition by default.

Super elixir is affected by alchemical trinctures. It removes 1 condi by default and 2 condies when traited.

Read the patchnotes of 23 october 2015

Video proof

in Engineer

Sorel.4870

Acid bomb isn’t thrown or consumed, so it doesn’t remove a condi. It does give you might though because of HGH

I am pretty certain that Elixir Shell cures a condition with Alchemical Tinctures, and it’s not consumed or thrown either.

Thank you all for your answers! Since there is no consensus yet, I will test all of this later tonight, and let you know what I found. It might be a good occasion to update the wiki page:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alchemical_Tinctures

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea I know elixir shell removes a condi for some reason.

It’s honestly really confusing

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

Sorel.4870

After further testing, I’ve found the following. When you have Alchemical Tinctures (later, AT) traited:

- Acid Bomb never removes a condition (which is a shame, if you want my opinion, since it works with HGH), and naturally the tooltip shows nothing special.

- Healing Mist and Elixir Shell remove a condition in both pvp and wvw, and the tooltips are correct.

- Super Elixir removes 2 condis (one baseline, one with AT) in both wvw and pvp, but the tooltip in wvw is wrong and doesn’t show the AT condition removal.

For more coherence, I think it would be better if ALL elixir skills worked with AT. One more condi cleanse on a 12s CD is far from OP, and it would be a lot less confusing.

in Engineer

Sorel.4870

Could you check? It’s not consistent with my own results.

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

After further testing, I’ve found the following. When you have Alchemical Tinctures (later, AT) traited:

- Acid Bomb never removes a condition (which is a shame, if you want my opinion, since it works with HGH), and naturally the tooltip shows nothing special.

- Healing Mist and Elixir Shell remove a condition in both pvp and wvw, and the tooltips are correct.

- Super Elixir removes 2 condis (one baseline, one with AT) in both wvw and pvp, but the tooltip in wvw is wrong and doesn’t show the AT condition removal.

For more coherence, I think it would be better if ALL elixir skills worked with AT. One more condi cleanse on a 12s CD is far from OP, and it would be a lot less confusing.

I agree that all elixirs should work alchemical tinctures. And your findings correlate with my game experience.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Could you check? It’s not consistent with my own results.

Checked it and I am wrong: acid bomb does not remove a condition.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

IMO if it has “Elixir” in the name or is tagged as an “Elixir” (e.g. Acid Bomb, Healing Mist) it should work for both HGH and AT.

They went through the trouble of adding the “Elixir” tag to tooltips and changing Elixir F to Glob Shot to clear up ambiguity regarding traits like HGH and AT. I haven’t tested personally, but it appears as though Acid Bomb is the exception to the rule that anything that works for HGH should work for AT (if I’ve learned anything over the years it’s not to trust Anet’s tooltips).

Solution (assuming Acid Bomb is the only exception): Either make Acid Bomb a proper Elixir worthy of the “Elixir” tag in the tooltip with condi removal on Alchemical Tinctures, or remove the “Elixir” tag and it’s HGH functionality.