Do Engineers benefit from their weapon stats while Kit equipped?

in Engineer

Posted by: Foreluney.4908

Foreluney.4908

Q:

“People are like dice we throw our selves in the direction of our choosing”

in Engineer

Posted by: awalloftext.7130

awalloftext.7130

A:

From a game design perceptive, this is a pretty big problem. If I were Anet, I would (or should) be concerned that Engineers focusing on Grenades, Flamethrower, or another kit would view weapon drops as junk. Where would be the incentive to get a better weapon/sigil combo if I don’t even get to use it?

Also, Weirwynn pretty much hit the nail on the head. It’s a big deal, and it needs to be addressed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Nope.

But in sPVP that isn’t a problem since weapons have no stats there, but in PvE it does make a significant difference

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: Tziankarisch.9237

Tziankarisch.9237

is this working as intended?

i mean as in should we just not bother getting a decent weapon if going heavy into kits :p

in Engineer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

I’d like to think this is a bug, thusfar no word on these reports yet, and it’s hard to believe Engineers are doing correct damage currently when compared to other classes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lifiane.5203

Lifiane.5203

No we do not, but if you’re running the usual rifle/nades/bombs build its really not that noticeable.

Denunciate — Ruin — ET
Mesmer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

No we do not, but if you’re running the usual rifle/nades/bombs build its really not that noticeable.

The lack of added attack isn’t really noticeable, true, but the lack of other stats and especially sigils is huge.

in Engineer

Posted by: Earthmonkey.4326

Earthmonkey.4326

All engi kits have base dmg (at 80) of 975. Which is pretty strong. I’m pretty sure it’s comparable through out leveling.

So no, your kits are independent of your weapon stats, however, your weapon stats do count towards your toolbelt skills, if you have your weapon out.

There is also no reason you shouldn’t be using your main weapon. Kits are strong, but not nearly strong enough to ever fully replace your main weapon.

in Engineer

Posted by: Neb.5347

Neb.5347

All engi kits have base dmg (at 80) of 975. Which is pretty strong. I’m pretty sure it’s comparable through out leveling.

So no, your kits are independent of your weapon stats, however, your weapon stats do count towards your toolbelt skills, if you have your weapon out.

There is also no reason you shouldn’t be using your main weapon. Kits are strong, but not nearly strong enough to ever fully replace your main weapon.

There is no weapon ability that even comes within 10% of the damage output of spamming grenades all day. Also, the base damage may be ok now, but in the future as weapon’s stats increase the Engineer’s kit DPS will begin to fall behind. Also, there’s no incentive to go get an exotic weapon as an engineer, or a legendary. It just seems odd to pass on all weapons without even looking at them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

Just an offnote: Last I tried, buffs from sigils which grants persistent bonuses on kills are persistent even after using a kit. So those sigils aren’t completely worthless.