Do engi kits need massive overhauling ?

in Engineer

Posted by: apricotprophet.9302

apricotprophet.9302

For a mechanic that was designed to be the core of our class and the reason as to why the engineer can only equip one weapon at a time… kits barely saw ANY use in the last elite spec scrapper. Sometimes an elixir gun was used just for fumigate on allies or the #5. And theres a good chance holosmith will just use no kits at all.

Wtf ?

Idk but they seem seriously outdated with some abilities that are just straight up useless.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

… to parrot a thing I’ve said before – I think they should revamp the engineer 1-weapon idea and give a second slot (in the player menu, like normal) where you choose a skill kit. In your skill selection, this kit gets greyed out.

That way all engineers including elite specs get at least 1 kit even if they choose nothing in their 3 skill slots, at a slight disadvantage of swap cd and of course you cant put sigils in it.

All buff no nerf for a kittening change.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

All buff no nerf for a kittening change.

All buff, no nerfs!

-Signed, Engi main

Kappa

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

apricotprophet.9302

chaith do something

in Engineer

apricotprophet.9302

he just comes in here to do his kappa memes

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I think they should just add weapon swapping, nothing special. With Elementalist their mechanic is switching between elements giving them permanent access to 20 skills no matter what. Engineer can choose to run kits or not run them at all, kits are not the mechanic, so engi can choose to only have access to 10 skills (toolbelt are basically mini skills).

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

chaith do something

Haha well, I find requesting buffs to underwhelming utility types fine to ask for, but there are so many for every class that are garbo. Kits are one of the best utility types for Core Engi. Grenades, Tool Kit, eGun, Flamethrower, all great in builds designed around them. I use all these kits all the time, they make Core Engi one of the best core classes.

Therefore I can’t help but make a little fun when you demand buffs to something that’s no where near desperate or unusable

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

A kit sees different amounts of use in the various game modes.

I am going to name a few simple tweaks that I think would make the underused kits (in WVW roaming ) quite a bit more popular. (Not adressing all the problems with the particular kits)

-Grenade Kit: Make the Velocity increase (and maybe radius increase) of the “Grenadier” trait baseline so people can use the kit (and hit people) without the explosives traitline. This would make it possible to theorycraft alot more decent grenade builds.

-Bomb Kit: Make the fuse time 0.5s standard.

-Med Kit: Make #2-5 AoE.

-Mortar Kit: also give it an increased velocity. That it hits like wet noodles wouldn’t mather as much if it could be reliably used for attacking from afar.

“Elixir Gun” , “Tool Kit” and “Flamethrower” are popular kits and with good reason, they are pretty great. (though flamethrower has been made useless for powerbuilds (damage wise)).

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

apricotprophet.9302

chaith do something

Haha well, I find requesting buffs to underwhelming utility types fine to ask for, but there are so many for every class that are garbo. Kits are one of the best utility types for Core Engi. Grenades, Tool Kit, eGun, Flamethrower, all great in builds designed around them. I use all these kits all the time, they make Core Engi one of the best core classes.

Therefore I can’t help but make a little fun when you demand buffs to something that’s no where near desperate or unusable

Yea sure but dont you find it unfun and annoying that holosmith will likely not run any kits and scrapper sometimes runs only an elixir gun just for cleansing allies. Isnt the use of kits suppose to be the fun factor of engineer, otherwise it would just be boring running around with just one weapon skill set.

Also I never claimed they are UNUSABLE I just said elite specs will not use them which you said yourself on stream that holo will use 0. And if thats the direction engineer is going to take in the future and known engi mains dont care then i guess time to move onto a different class :/

(edited by apricotprophet.9302)

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

chaith do something

Yea sure but dont you find it unfun and annoying that holosmith will likely not run any kits and scrapper sometimes runs only an elixir gun just for cleansing allies. Isnt the use of kits suppose to be the fun factor of engineer, otherwise it would just be boring running around with just one weapon skill set.

Also I never claimed they are UNUSABLE I just said elite specs will not use them which you said yourself on stream that holo will use 0. And if thats the direction engineer is going to take in the future and known engi mains dont care then i guess time to move onto a different class :/

I never claimed that you said they were unusable.. I’m saying that complete overhauls should go to unusable utility types, aka, not Kits.

Depends on your game mode, I’m sure Holosmith PvE will include some kits, Holosmith PvP can include Tool Kit or Elixir Gun.. I prefer to use Spectrum Shield over a kit, but it’s not true that Holosmith will use zero kits..

Are kits supposed to be the fun factor of Engineer? No, kits are just one of many utility types that Engineer has, typically used to guarantee the Engineer has at least two skill bars.. Photon Forge is not too unlike an Elite kit, I’m thinking that fills the need for Holosmith fun factor.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I do wish they allowed engineer to weaponswap.

The flexibility in ranged damage for engineer is pretty bad ever since they nerfed grenades.

Engineeer with the ability to swap to rifle or pistols would be great.

in Engineer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

what? my holosmith build has tool kit some others use elixir gun or spectrum shield
and what do you mean, you have a choice between all the utilities thats great, why do you want to stick to kits…

man i wish i can play something else other then stances on warrior that’s been a must for 5 years or something

in Engineer

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

A kit sees different amounts of use in the various game modes.

I am going to name a few simple tweaks that I think would make the underused kits (in WVW roaming ) quite a bit more popular. (Not adressing all the problems with the particular kits)

-Grenade Kit: Make the Velocity increase (and maybe radius increase) of the “Grenadier” trait baseline so people can use the kit (and hit people) without the explosives traitline. This would make it possible to theorycraft alot more decent grenade builds.

-Bomb Kit: Make the fuse time 0.5s standard.

-Med Kit: Make #2-5 AoE.

-Mortar Kit: also give it an increased velocity. That it hits like wet noodles wouldn’t mather as much if it could be reliably used for attacking from afar.

“Elixir Gun” , “Tool Kit” and “Flamethrower” are popular kits and with good reason, they are pretty great. (though flamethrower has been made useless for powerbuilds (damage wise)).

I agree with all of this. Especially the bolded part. I would love to play a decent P/P or P/S condi grenade build again (edit: talking about PvP only).

Have mercy Karl.

(edited by Elmo Benchwarmer.3025)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dragisnaj.2053

Dragisnaj.2053

what i dont like on the kits is when you use a kit for only the toolbelt option or for 1 skill and switch away again …..

i think it would b ea nice thing to do as the creator of this thread sayed give a kit as weapon swap, even if you could have only 1 kit anymore it would be ok for me.

Some kits Mortar for example in all guides only used to get orbital strike the morter kit itself is useles … :-(

sooooo Buff buff buff ;-) make them all great or remove them and give them as weap switch option!

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Med kit and mortar kit are meh.

The other kits see play in differing areas of the game.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]