'Drone' utility skills

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: CrashQuest.7132

CrashQuest.7132

So with the reveal of the warrior elite, the Berzerker, one other piece of information was also revealed: it looks like Berzerkers will receive a new utility skill type; Rage.
This makes me very happy as, if it is a new skill catagory, it would mean theres a chance the engineers new Drone skills wont be a previous skill type from another class but a new skill type exclusive to the engi.
Thoughts?

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Thundaga.4358

Thundaga.4358

Anet loves warriors, i dont think we will receive a new skill type ;( I think they will try to replace the useless turrets with drones kinda.

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

A while back I posted an idea that was basically a merge of signets & minions.
You’d have these drones following you without any healthbar & giving you passive effects for just slotting them as utility, but if you choose their active effect, they spawn a minion that can be destroyed & performs a 1-time maneuver. like setting up reflective bubbles, flying towards enemies & blowing up, aoe-stealthing an area a.s.o.
Once they are destroyed by enemies (also automatically happens after the end of their active effect) they go on a cd & you loose their passive effect until they are off cd again.

I really hope it’s something like this, so we’re not too reliant on minion AI with these drones.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: CrashQuest.7132

CrashQuest.7132

Thats sounds more like signets and phantasms/clones.
I like it and it reminds me of an idea i posted of giving the drones clone/phantasm a.i it that they will attack either the target youre locked on to or the target they are deployed on.
That self-destruct idea works and i like it, i just dont want a replica of an destruction turret but mobile. Would prefer no manual self-destruct button but rather a trait that would apply different effect to when a drone is destroyed…. Thats assuming they are destructable things

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I bet on mantra like type of skill. I’d settle for signet style too :-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

What Arantheal posted would be cool, I am also looking forward to the Hammer. Hopefuly something we can actually use like the FT HGH builds atm.

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

We definitly get something special, and no – not minions at all. If you look at the preview carefully you see how the drones are “attached” to us. I doubt they will be targetable, they rather be some mechnized thing in mantra style… oh … there we have it :P Fancy animation mantras

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

'Drone' utility skills

in Engineer

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

defiance…please lord Balthazar