Druid lockdown > Scrapper lockdown

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

And here I thought Engie was supposed to be about lockdown? Why does druid has so much daze, aoe daze and so on?

Besides that it seems OP as hell and surely get nerfed but I am kinda disappointed druid what what scrapper was supposed to be about.

Disappointed. same dev on druid and engie and such a big difference.

Funtion gyro vs astral form :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

I find it hilarious how Final Salvo is almost worse than a Druid Master trait.

I find it doubly hilarious how some of the new pets are 3x as useful as Function Gyro will ever be.

This kitten makes me so upset.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

…im now actually a bit sad… cause now i know where all the scrapper love went to

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

…im now actually a bit sad… cause now i know where all the scrapper love went to

It’s hilarious what Irenio keeps saying too

-Made a thread about Scrapper, first thing he says is “TOO BUSY WORKING ON DRUID LOL”

-Goes on Twitch, last thing he says is “I’M GONNA BE REALLY BUSY WORKING ON DRUID LOL”

in Engineer

Killyox.3950

Hammer is awesome, it trully trully is. Function gyro could pass by even though it’s boring (but strong).

Gyros however are complete BS.

Healin gyro vs druid Glyph of renewal or rest of his skill. Gyros are heavilly outclassed and look uninspired.

So so disappointed. Mostly by the fact that we were supposed to be THE Lockdown Elit e Spec. We don;t have half the stuff Druid has tbh.

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

-Made a thread about Scrapper, first thing he says is “TOO BUSY WORKING ON DRUID LOL”

-Goes on Twitch, last thing he says is “I’M GONNA BE REALLY BUSY WORKING ON DRUID LOL”

actually im mad to be honest. I want now EPIC gyros, EPIC looking engineer kits and class visuals, EPIC traits useable for all game modes and an EPIC class mechanic.

Boy he wasnt kidding with busy working on the druid.. hence we got the scraps… now aint that fitting for a class name aswell huh…

Man he really is on my kitten list right now for that one

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

actually im mad to be honest. I want now EPIC gyros, EPIC looking engineer kits and class visuals, EPIC traits useable for all game modes and an EPIC class mechanic.

Boy he wasnt kidding with busy working on the druid.. hence we got the scraps… now aint that fitting for a class name aswell huh…

Careful with that epic spam you might poke someone’s eye out.

But yeah we got gyped. We can go sit over with Daredevils and Dragonhunters for “Classes that got diddly kitten”

in Engineer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Irenio did a truly amazing job with both professions. And Really made me want to dust off or make a new ranger lol.

But im still going to hold scrapper close ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I’m happy for the Ranger players. They deserve it.

With that said, I’m overall disappointed that all the elite specs don’t seem to be in the same tier. Reaper, Druid, to an extent Chrono all really added something new and unique to the profession and/or game as a whole. I’m not talking about how good the spec is or how many people will use it, or if it fits into the meta. I’m talking about how it really changes the profession and adds something new to the game.

Then you have the rest that all seem to just be more skills similar to what the profession already does. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to finally get something new to play with. However if we could go back in time I would market elite specs differently, it seems to me that they tried to make them sound like something amazing and ground breaking that really only applied to about half of them.

TL;DR I’m happy to have some new toys with Scrapper, but it seems like just some new Engineer skills. Nothing about Scrapper feels like an elite spec to me compared with some of the more innovative ones like Reaper, Chrono, Druid.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

But yeah we got gyped. We can go sit over with Daredevils and Dragonhunters for “Classes that got diddly kitten”

i not gonna lie.. im glad the rangers got something nice..viable and really really cool and visually pleasing like no other spec so far, darn celestial epicness all the way. My issue is that Irenio knows what he does…druid shows it perfectly. Look at the mechanic.. effin “healer death shroud”. The glyphs.. the staff AND new pets that make our lockdown look like childs play.

What do we get? A (without question) amazing hammer, a class mechanic that got 30 second cooldown and a handfull of a.i skills that will get cleaved to death in melee and are grossly underpowered ontop of that (cept the elite, not gonna trashtalk the sneak and his toolbelt)…the place THE DARN SPEC BRINGS US. Also 2 minor traits only dedicated to the mechanic. Boy… ouch Irenio…that was not cool..

in Engineer

Ricky Rouse.1583

i not gonna lie.. im glad the rangers got something nice..viable and really really cool and visually pleasing like no other spec so far, darn celestial epicness all the way. My issue is that Irenio knows what he does…druid shows it perfectly. Look at the mechanic.. effin “healer death shroud”. The glyphs.. the staff AND new pets that make our lockdown look like childs play.

What do we get? A (without question) amazing hammer, a class mechanic that got 30 second cooldown and a handfull of a.i skills that will get cleaved to death in melee and are grossly underpowered ontop of that (cept the elite, not gonna trashtalk the sneak and his toolbelt)…the place THE DARN SPEC BRINGS US. Also 2 minor traits only dedicated to the mechanic. Boy… ouch Irenio…that was not cool..

Yeah i’d be careful with how amazing you call it. Tool kit as it stands fills the exact same niche, lacking only a lower cooldown whirl.

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Yeah i’d be careful with how amazing you call it. Tool kit as it stands fills the exact same niche, lacking only a lower cooldown whirl.

its still pretty much the best melee weapon skills i can imagine for a for engi made weapon. Not gonna trashtalk the kits and especially not TK… that thing is my bae

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I did not watch the stream, and if I do it won’t be until sometime this weekend. Can someone tell me if Irenio emphasized the Druid not being done yet? At the end of the Engineer stream he made it very clear that the Scrapper is not done and he wants lots of feedback and lots of changes to make.

Maybe he planned on practically finishing up the Druid before the reveal this weekend (as it is to a much larger audience than POIs), leaving just time to polish and tweak a few things. Maybe he plans to spend most of the time between BWE3 and launch on Scrapper?

Yes I’m being optimistic. I’ve been optimistic since we first saw Scrapper, but it’s getting harder seeing all the cool mechanics Druid has and Scrapper got a copy of skills that nobody has liked for months.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Can you go into a bit more detail with this?
Are you comparing Tool kit to Hammer?

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I love the Tool Kit, it’s a great utility kit but… no. Not at all. Tool Kit doesn’t have the damage, fields, gap closer, evades, or reflect. Literally the only things they have in common is melee range and block. I’ll include magnet and say they both even have CC, though the hammer’s far out performs the TK so it’s not really comparable there either.

I don’t wish the Scrapper to be the Druid. Honestly I prefer the tank style of play to the healer style. I believe Irenio put his best effort into both specs, but I don’t think it came through all that well with Scrapper. It certainly looks like it did for Druid.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I did not watch the stream, and if I do it won’t be until sometime this weekend. Can someone tell me if Irenio emphasized the Druid not being done yet? At the end of the Engineer stream he made it very clear that the Scrapper is not done and he wants lots of feedback and lots of changes to make.

Maybe he planned on practically finishing up the Druid before the reveal this weekend (as it is to a much larger audience than POIs), leaving just time to polish and tweak a few things. Maybe he plans to spend most of the time between BWE3 and launch on Scrapper?

Yes I’m being optimistic. I’ve been optimistic since we first saw Scrapper, but it’s getting harder seeing all the cool mechanics Druid has and Scrapper got a copy of skills that nobody has liked for months.

Well, that’s what makes the whole thing so sad. Engineer is ALWAYS the last profession to get done. We are hearing some things like “tbd” and “this isn’t the final form”.
Maybe Anet should give engineer a higher priority for the next round of elite specs. He even said he was busy doing druid…. well, getting scrapper to a showable state isn’t that important, right?

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Come on guys have some hope at least sheesh Scrapper is not bad at all gyros need work and he has been paying attention too our input. The only problems engineers have that I have seen is our core specializations with traits that are severely lacking compared to others this new balance change might actually fix a lot of them and that would buff scrapper as well. If you guys didn’t notice one of the changes was already shown in the pvp 101 with scrapper evasive powder keg now deals 25% increased damage in addition to a blast finisher and looks like the icd was removed.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Come on guys have some hope at least sheesh Scrapper is not bad at all gyros need work and he has been paying attention too our input. The only problems engineers have that I have seen is our core specializations with traits that are severely lacking compared to others this new balance change might actually fix a lot of them and that would buff scrapper as well. If you guys didn’t notice one of the changes was already shown in the pvp 101 with scrapper evasive powder keg now deals 25% increased damage in addition to a blast finisher and looks like the icd was removed.

Irenio posted earlier this week here in the Engi forum. The only gyro he said was undertuned was the Heal.

I want to believe that he knows ALL the gyros have some fundamental problems that will keep them off a Scrapper’s utility bar (much like turrets, no… exactly like turrets) but he seemed to think Bulwark Gyro was okay with <12k health and low armor.

I’m sure he’s reading these forums a lot, but I’m not sure that he agrees with the majority about gyros being bad. That is frustrating to me and I can sum up why in one word: turrets. I really hope he sees that gyros need some way to stay alive for more than a couple hits, and some help on the cooldowns.

Ranger glyphs at 15s-20s cooldowns and gyros at more than 30s across the board? Ouch man, major ouch.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

It’s the 3s daze (4 with mesmer runes!) on a 5 second CD that really gets me...

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Irenio posted earlier this week here in the Engi forum. The only gyro he said was undertuned was the Heal.

I want to believe that he knows ALL the gyros have some fundamental problems that will keep them off a Scrapper’s utility bar (much like turrets, no… exactly like turrets) but he seemed to think Bulwark Gyro was okay with <12k health and low armor.

I’m sure he’s reading these forums a lot, but I’m not sure that he agrees with the majority about gyros being bad. That is frustrating to me and I can sum up why in one word: turrets. I really hope he sees that gyros need some way to stay alive for more than a couple hits, and some help on the cooldowns.

Ranger glyphs at 15s-20s cooldowns and gyros at more than 30s across the board? Ouch man, major ouch.

After seeing the new druid elite spec, it is clear what Irenio is thinking. Druid is his baby, so scrapper just have to team up with a druid to heal his gyros and keep them alive. XD

Really sad seeing all this. Scrapper needs the most work of all….

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

and glyphs change on the mechanic too… DOUBLE ouch. New pets that make our lockdown look pathetic TRIPLE ouch, visuals that bring a man to cry QUART ouch, mechanic that just removes all conditions by merely entering it QUINTUPLE ouch…

just ouch…

in Engineer

Frightlight.3796

Honestly the gyro cd need some kinda rework with cds like a gyro thats destroyed by damage or detonated could be reduced by around 25% cd while a drone that isnt destroyed and lasts its full duration doesnt get the cd? Also medic gyro needs a slight rework the new heal is nice but the pulse heal should be every 1 sec and its duration dropped to about 5 sec of life so its a whole lot of healing but a portion of it is a aoe regen. I feel medic gyro should be our go too burst heal just high heals and healingturret should stay as our more condi cleanse heal.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I want to emphasize that I am excited to try Scrapper. Hammer is one of my favorite weapon types, and it’s awesome that the Engineer’s version seems to be the best one yet.

I’m only disappointed that Irenio’s effort seems to have been put much more into Druid, based on both specialization reveals as well as his recent comments.

I will remain optimistic for now because he created what looks like a really great elite spec for Ranger, I will choose to believe he can make Scrapper good outside the hammer as well.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The hammer is great, some ideas on the toolbelts are good. The elite looks ok, too PvP focused, IMO, but ok.

The whole gyro skill collection, however, is uninspired, unreliable and barely different from turrets (those we already have and try not to use).

Worse of all, the new spec mechanic is useless in 90% of the game, closer to a PvP dedicated skill than a gamechanging addition, totally situational and not striking at all.

I don’t see any use on being mad, but it truly feels wrong. Its like they say “Hey, we did a lot of work fixing mortar, medkit and erasing those backpacks you don’t wanted, so you should be happy we give you an elite spec at all!”

I’m more sad than angry.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Frightlight.3796

I want to emphasize that I am excited to try Scrapper. Hammer is one of my favorite weapon types, and it’s awesome that the Engineer’s version seems to be the best one yet.

I’m only disappointed that Irenio’s effort seems to have been put much more into Druid, based on both specialization reveals as well as his recent comments.

I will remain optimistic for now because he created what looks like a really great elite spec for Ranger, I will choose to believe he can make Scrapper good outside the hammer as well.

As will I the new balance changes we will see soon may actually push our core specializations even higher and open more trait lines to mix with scrapper. I feel Scrapper is solid weapon wise, traits are pretty kitten good though limited with stomping/rez although it can be easily changed to on kill or just after defeating an enemy for the buffs. Gryos are the only lackluster thing I really see, but some will have some use for wvw.
#believe
FOrgot too add Try out lyssa runes with stealth gyro! getting condi bombed before you can get too your enemy instant activation elite clear your condis and get some boons. Should work well.

AI and long durations just don’t mix I wish our gyros pulses were 1 sec for maximum usage out of them and reducing the duration by 50% or more so the scaling for their abilities can be increased without being OP since they will die too aoe or die from very short life spans.

(edited by Frightlight.3796)

in Engineer

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

I’m really looking forward to this ‘balance’ change that they’re announcing at Twitchcon – maybe we’ll see something pleasantly surprising to aid in greeting our new elite specializations. Maybe this up coming balance is the reason Anet left rather sizable amount of bugs/broken stuff in professions.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

I’m excited for Hammer and that’s about it for Scrapper.

The Ranger reveal just made my head spin. It looks really awesome and I’m feeling this great Canthan Weh no Su lore connection that I am hoping they run with. I’m actually going to start a Ranger now.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Apple and oranges.

People need to stop comparing professions. Gear shield has a 20second cooldown and blocks for 3seconds. Warrior shield has a 30second cooldown and blocks for 3seconds. Is Gear Shield OP and way better than Warrior shield? No. Warrior has more ways to negate damage like Endure Pain and Defy Pain as well as more ways to survive CC with things like Balanced Stance and Dolyak Signet. Therefore it’s justified that Gear Shield has a shorter cooldown for the same effect as Shield Stance.

And that’s just one of many examples of why it’s ridiculous to compare professions. If something is OP, which some things can certainly be, it’s not because it’s better than another professions abilities, it’s because it overshadows a professions other abilities. One example of this is Prismatic Understanding or “PU”. It’s OP because it gives the Mesmer something it already has enough of while also giving it even more benefits.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Engineer

Killyox.3950

So… did they even show/talk about balance changes? Seems I missed it. They did random order of it or at least not the one they typed on their page.

@SpellofIniquity

Difference is Scrapper was promoted as a lockdown spec. Druid as a top-tier healer support. Druid is top tier healer support AND a lockdown char while scrapper isn’t.

That’s the prob.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

After seeing the new druid elite spec, it is clear what Irenio is thinking. Druid is his baby, so scrapper just have to team up with a druid to heal his gyros and keep them alive. XD

Really sad seeing all this. Scrapper needs the most work of all….

Are you trying to open dialog for a discussion or simply trying to disingenuously claim to tell us what a specific dev is thinking?

If you have a problem with it, PM Irenio directly and lay off the dishonest projection of your words into his mouth. Lets discuss the engineer and not the druid or bad attempts at mind reading, this is a engineer subforums, not a ranger subforums or fortune telling subforums.

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Just wanted to take it with a joke.

But back to topic: Scrapper was meant as lock down. To achieve that, we need to get the leap finisher daze aoe and we should raise the duration of daze/stun per gyro. Maybe there will be a way to get an extra class mechanic added with another gyro, that will get noticed in fight and will daze too, if destroyed.

Maybe something like what I suggested in another thread:
After using x toolbelt skills, you will summon 3 protective gyros. 1 of them is absorbing 1k damage, another one will absorb 1 condition and the last one will absorb 1 cc. They can’t be attacked themselves, they are attached to the scrapper. After absorbing, the gyros will explode, dealing x damage in an area around the scrapper.

Another suggestion
Function gyro gets reduced cd and can be attached to living allies. If you do so, the gyro willgive this ally an buff, granting him aegis after getting hit for a set amount of hits.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

So… did they even show/talk about balance changes? Seems I missed it. They did random order of it or at least not the one they typed on their page.

@SpellofIniquity

Difference is Scrapper was promoted as a lockdown spec. Druid as a top-tier healer support. Druid is top tier healer support AND a lockdown char while scrapper isn’t.

That’s the prob.

Yeah, except Druids have to give up oddles of dps to do that.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

But back to topic: Scrapper was meant as lock down. To achieve that, we need to get the leap finisher daze aoe and we should raise the duration of daze/stun per gyro. Maybe there will be a way to get an extra class mechanic added with another gyro, that will get noticed in fight and will daze too, if destroyed.

After using x toolbelt skills, you will summon 3 protective gyros. 1 of them is absorbing 1k damage, another one will absorb 1 condition and the last one will absorb 1 cc. They can’t be attacked themselves, they are attached to the scrapper. After absorbing, the gyros will explode, dealing x damage in an area around the scrapper.

Another suggestion
Function gyro gets reduced cd and can be attached to living allies. If you do so, the gyro willgive this ally an buff, granting him aegis after getting hit for a set amount of hits.

None of those suggest to me that they represent this concept that the scrapper is designed to be a “lock down” elite spec.

Perhaps it is best to keep it simple. Something like adding a lock down effect to gyros. Something as simple as having them knock back foes when destroyed, similar to turrets?

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Another suggestion

None of those suggest to me that they represent this concept that the scrapper is designed to be a “lock down” elite spec.

Perhaps it is best to keep it simple. Something like adding a lock down effect to gyros. Something as simple as having them knock back foes when destroyed, similar to turrets?

Not a fan of that. The fact that turrets do this when you take explosives has been a enough of a pain.

I am a fan of the idea that each minor provides a different type of utility gyro.

in Engineer

Posted by: Scalyon.7028

Scalyon.7028

@SpellofIniquity

That’s the prob.

Yeah, except Druids have to give up oddles of dps to do that.

^ Pretty much this. Druid looking like healbot.

in Engineer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

It’s the 3s daze (4 with mesmer runes!) on a 5 second CD that really gets me…

Mesmer Runes are a waste. Just get Moment of Clarity and you have a 6s Daze on 5s Cooldown.

(edited by NapTooN.6283)

in Engineer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

And here I thought Engie was supposed to be about lockdown? Why does druid has so much daze, aoe daze and so on?

Besides that it seems OP as hell and surely get nerfed but I am kinda disappointed druid what what scrapper was supposed to be about.

Disappointed. same dev on druid and engie and such a big difference.

Funtion gyro vs astral form :P

Whatchu talkin bout? Druid’s can trait to get 1 daze and an immobilize that can be killed, have 1 daze from Glyphs, 1 daze from Astral Form, and a 1.5s immobilize from astral form. All this astral form stuff takes a while to build up first too.

Forge has the potential for an aoe stun and three Dazes just on the hammer, every gyro they have equipped does an aoe daze upon death and can be traited for a lightning field, shredder gyro grants a tool belt skill that’s an aoe stun and a lightning field. Oh, and tack on that trait that grants 25% stun and daze duration even though it’s probably going to be gone soon.

You guys have better lockdown, trust me.

The only place I’ll agree with you is on Function Gyro vs Astral Form. You got a bit booted there. Everywhere else Druid and Scrapper seem to be almost at balance. Gyros aren’t too good, and ranger’s don’t like the glyphs either. Most of your traits are fine and have good synergy with the base profession while Druid’s have pretty good traits that have almost no direct synergy. He probably only mentioned the Druid more because he feels he needs to improve on the traits and because it’s the one with the absolute least feedback time.

Don’t worry, we’ll all turn out fine. Everyone (not just you) needs to stop getting offended when anything else even approaches the same levels as something you have. If it exceeds it then you’re likely good at something else if you look closely. They’ll tune over the next few weeks. Everyone will still be alive.

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Druid is able to have a total time of aoe daze for 16 seconds. Requirement? Moment of clarity, Druid traitline, storm spirit and glyphe of equality. Druid just needs 2 utility slots for 16 seconds of daze. Scrapper isn’t even close to that if he is using his whole utility bar.

We have more sources for daze that’s right. But the ranger daze has a duration which is 6 times longer. That’s what makes him simply better at lockdown. I think there won’t be many defiance bars in this game which won’t be broken by a single 6s daze.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Engineer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Druid is able to have a total time of aoe daze for 16 seconds. Requirement? Moment of clarity, Druid traitline, storm spirit and glyphe of equality. Druid just needs 2 utility slots for 16 seconds of daze. Scrapper isn’t even close to that if he is using his whole utility bar.

We have more sources for daze that’s right. But the ranger daze has a duration which is 6 times longer. That’s what makes him simply better at lockdown. I think there won’t be many defiance bars in this game which won’t be broken by a single 6s daze.

That’s a trait’s fault, not the Druid’s. Even us Rangers are saying that’s gonna need to be nerfed with the addition of the Druid. My point is, the Druid itself isn’t as CC heavy as the Scrapper. Also, aren’t defiance bars/stacks taken down by application of CCs and not duration? I know that defiance stacks are, so Scrappers will be good at that at least in existing content.

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

The devs said the defiance bar will take damage which scales with the “strength” and the duration of the applicated CC. As long as I understood it the right way, a 4s defiance bar will break when you do 4 dazes with 1s duration as like with 1 daze with 4s duration.