Dungeon Engineer

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Need advice about build for dungeon. I found dmg turrets totally useless (low damage, low attack rate, destroyed in one hit, big cooldown, can’t choose target for turrets e.t.c)

and now i need choose most useful utility skills and traits for them.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6ZX3ShF1LJyoCdWoHSogpWiUkfW2nCyFA-jwBBUDAZRFRjtIMsVXRr8KIqZER1KbYA-e
This is my support build. It focuses on keeping regen up at all times and provides the group with aoe healing through elixir gun and bomb kit. It also has good condition removal through elixir gun’s fumigate and healing turret overcharge. It also has some cc to help keep dangerus mobs away from the squishies and also has access to might stacking (bomb kit). You can also time all of your blast finishers to do some amazing healing with the healing turrets overcharge and toolbelt.
I personally find engineers to be as good as if not better than support eles with the recent balancing with that class. And although Guards can provide more boons, engies can do more healing.
Overall I’d recommend this build because its not a total piano build that can do well even if you get unlucky with that one mf/zerker pugs that wipes on trash.

(edited by Monadproxy.3489)

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I have 360k karma, what karma set should i buy?

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

I would with either cleric’s armor. For temple armor i would get Perc/vit/heal gear

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I did pretty well (relatively speaking) as a kite in the Ascalonian Catacombs using: Flame Turret, Thumper Turret, and Throw Mine, with a P/S weapon set, and traited for a combination of turrets and mines. The toolbelt of Throw Mine served surprisingly well as a burst, too.

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlsp6ZHvSXF1LJxoCdGkC7mXRFy/nHyttpF-TcAikUJ5SykkMJbSDRA

No support. Just aggresive dps. Spam your bombs with elixer U, the runes give etxra power + precision and sigil of battle is good for at least 6 stacks of might.

The sitting duck trait makes it possible to stack 25 vuln with ease. Net shot → toolbelt net turret → net turret (wIt untill it fires its first net) → overcharge net turret→ glue bomb → jump shot→ guarenteed 25 vuln.

High power, high damage, do you need more in life?

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Just use grenades with berserker/knights/rampager/rabid/ all-stats -gear.

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Just use grenades with berserker/knights/rampager/rabid/ all-stats -gear.

Grenades is so uncomfortable to use.. it would be usable for me only if they works always like underwater

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Use bombs then! They do great damage aswell.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m looking for a new dungeon build too. Was leveling and running dungeons as a Juggernaut FT/EG user. Worked great but I didn’t like the constant range issues. I switched to grenades but that’s just senseless spamming and my finger was getting tired from stupid #1.

I’m going to try a bomb build. I don’t have any clerics gear to run a full support so I’m going power/cond. Thinking about bringing ToolKit along too (gear shield, magnet gap closer, another cripple/bleed, and prybar hits hard). Thoughts?

As an aside, I’m still working on all my exotic gear. I have karma. Where do I go to get the karma armor I want? Namely, Rampagers.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

As an aside, I’m still working on all my exotic gear. I have karma. Where do I go to get the karma armor I want? Namely, Rampagers.

Orr especially those in Cursed Shore.

Aswell, power condi is great for bombs, I use bombs in combination with elixer U for the extra spamming, (see my build above here). Bombs, elixer U offer nice burst and toolkit extra utility, take ‘m in combi with speedy kits trait and invigorating speed and you’ll be able to survive every sungeon :P

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I’m looking for a new dungeon build too. Was leveling and running dungeons as a Juggernaut FT/EG user. Worked great but I didn’t like the constant range issues. I switched to grenades but that’s just senseless spamming and my finger was getting tired from stupid #1.

I’m going to try a bomb build. I don’t have any clerics gear to run a full support so I’m going power/cond. Thinking about bringing ToolKit along too (gear shield, magnet gap closer, another cripple/bleed, and prybar hits hard). Thoughts?

My problem with Pry Bar—and Confusion in general—is that it is so situationally useful. I love it as a burst condition in PvP/WvW, but it’s not something I’d construct my build around in PvE.

If you guys are going to use bombs, you need to have a Soldier set on hand. I’m not saying you need to always wear it, but it’s very helpful to have.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Being a fairly new 80 who is still gearing exotics, I’m often a bit overwhelmed by all the gear choices, stat allocation, prefixes, runes, sigils, etc. I like being able to change things up when I want some variety, so right now I’m shooting for Rampagers gear with a little Berserker gear thrown in, and then using my accessories for survivability (Soldier/Cleric/Sentinel). Not sure if this is the most effective way to go. As for Runes, I haven’t a clue. Right now I’m just using what comes on the gear as I acquire it until I know what’s best.

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Karode.9206

Karode.9206

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0piYX3SdF1LJyoCdGIF5VdJqQ+95Bb1WQIA-jAyAYLAiCQ+rIasthioxqkw0lRWdKk6NKiWNA-e

That’s what I’ve been looking at right now, just got to 80 & starting to get exotics. Switch out the elixir for the situations at hand as well as swapping between Healing Turret & Med Kit depending on if you need the extra party healing.

Also I went and picked up a $28 wireless Logitech with two side thumb buttons from Wal-Mart which has helped enormously with the auto attack with grenades.

(edited by Karode.9206)

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Also I went and picked up a $28 wireless Logitech with two side thumb buttons from Wal-Mart which has helped enormously with the auto attack with grenades.

Hmm…good idea. I have my mouse buttons mapped but changing one to the #1 grenade might be a good idea. I wish we could save mapping per character.

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Karode.9206

Karode.9206

Hmm…good idea. I have my mouse buttons mapped but changing one to the #1 grenade might be a good idea. I wish we could save mapping per character.

I have ` (weapon swap default) bound to my Grenades (Utility 1) Auto attack with the first side button, E Gun to the second button, & Utility 3 bound to C. Push To Talk is clicking my mouse wheel. It’s really not that bad switching between characters because then all I have to do is change weapon swapping back to the ` key

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

For dungeons, direct-damage builds are best, so set-ups that involve power/precision/ critical damage are best, and condition duration to a lesser extent. Ignore condition damage, it’ll just hamper yourself and teammates.

As for weapons/kits, Rifle hits the hardest for a main-hand, Bombs and Grenades are also the hardest hitting kits doing more than the rifle. Tool-kit comes in as first in single target damage. Elixir Gun is great for support, but low in damage.

For utilities, elixirs are in the best position in terms of balance at the moment; they have stun breakers, condition removal, and boons, which are even better when traited. Gadgets have their niche uses; googles are nice for focusing down enemies and a source of fury, throw mine is nice for a low-cost blast finisher. Avoid turrets.

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqelspSXHvyuF87IxoCfO0jCjfDL6xjhMlB-jAyAoMhQqBA9JhZwioxWdLiGrSWQWPnU9NGA-e

This is what I use for support in dungeons. It’s kind of a healing power/condition damage/vitality hybrid. There’s a lot in it that is also configurable to your personal tastes… I often swap out elixir U for R or toolkit if needed, or I might swap HGH in for Potent Elixirs.

This build is good at removing conditions and providing some extra healing and boons to allies. It’s also good at surviving and kiting, allowing you to distract mobs if your allies need to rez people, or allowing your to rez someone while under fire.

The main disadvantage to this build is that it doesn’t have high damage output. It has some investment in condition damage to help out with that, but it’s still slower than most classes. Swapping in HGH can help out too.

Elixir X is a personal choice as well, you can always plop supply crate on.

I’m pretty sure there’s overall better builds out there in terms of min-max potential, but I’ve been using this build forever to good effect.

For easier dungeons you’re probably better off going for something more offensive though since you probably won’t get into situations where you need some durable support characters.

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Being a fairly new 80 who is still gearing exotics, I’m often a bit overwhelmed by all the gear choices, stat allocation, prefixes, runes, sigils, etc. I like being able to change things up when I want some variety, so right now I’m shooting for Rampagers gear with a little Berserker gear thrown in, and then using my accessories for survivability (Soldier/Cleric/Sentinel). Not sure if this is the most effective way to go. As for Runes, I haven’t a clue. Right now I’m just using what comes on the gear as I acquire it until I know what’s best.

Rampager is not very appealing unless you’re focusing on Bleed stacking. Any Poison or Burning damage you apply to your target will simply be overwritten by someone wearing Rabid gear.

For the Bomb Kit, I think you should focus on Power and Critical Damage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Dungeon Engineer

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Rampager is not very appealing unless you’re focusing on Bleed stacking. Any Poison or Burning damage you apply to your target will simply be overwritten by someone wearing Rabid gear.

For the Bomb Kit, I think you should focus on Power and Critical Damage.

So far, I’m going about 1/2 Rampagers 1/2 Berserkers. I need some condition damage and I also want the extra precision from Rampagers for all the on-crit procs, especially since grenades & FT offer so many crit chances.

If I’m not stacking any toughness, vitality, or healing on my armor & weps, how much do I need to pick up from my accessories? So far I’ve got a Karka Shell and ascended Syzygy, plus some other masterwork stuff. I figure for build-bouncing they’re both really well rounded for that. Should I be picking up Cleric, Shaman, or Soldiers stuff exclusively or just a couple pieces?