Dungeons

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Are engineers good for dungeons, if so what builds and roles would they play in a dungeon?

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Yes they’re good. The only real role in this game is DPS. You’ll want 3 kit. Something like grenades, elixir gun, and flamethrower. Engineers can also stealth nicely, stack vulnerability/might nicely, and can do some skips that no other classes can. Though, those skips are probably exploits but since there is no dungeon team, nobody really cares.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: ejax.5170

ejax.5170

Roles: moderate might stacks, very high vuln stacks (with grenades), party stealth via smoke bomb + blast finishers, a wall of reflection or smokescreen (rng-based), good cc capabilities, and decent party healing/condi cleansing via healing turret. Also, very high damage potential.

Are they good for dungeons? In the hands of experienced engineers, they are extremely useful.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: twhite.9310

twhite.9310

My speedrun guild uses Engineers. Engineers are probably the only class that can do everything. Reflects, Stealth, Might, Heals, Vuln, Immob(for Arah boss) Pulls for certain things. I main engineer in a guild that pushes for very fast runs and they never complain when I bring my engineer. Engis are also in top tier as far as DPS goes.

“Backpack called me bad” – Slaughter Melon

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Instead of telling you the same stuff again – I can totally confirm everything they already said. The only thing they didn’t mention is that engineers are definitly the hardest class to play properly. This is mainly because you will use combinations of skills of different kits. It requires practice and knowledge, but it’s totally worth it.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

only thing to add that hasn’t already been said is don’t forget Elixer S when stealthing, that extra 3s from the toolbelt is invaluable at times. Example being Arahp2, the run to Brie, blast stealths as you go around that corner, with swiftness everyone should be just to the choke point with the 2-3 deadeys and 2 technicians ready to blast you, toss your Elixer S for 3s enough to safely get through there then it’s either restealth behind that wall or just Yolo the rest of the way.

Other than that, yeah Grenade/EG/FT 3 kit setup, swap in Elixers as the utility is needed/wanted and sometimes bomb kit makes sense, especially on trash for the blind field or bosses that will reflect your grenades.

Been loving mine, can’t get enough of him, even went so far as to make a second engi because I didn’t like my charr and wanted Asura.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

only thing to add that hasn’t already been said is don’t forget Elixer S when stealthing, that extra 3s from the toolbelt is invaluable at times. Example being Arahp2, the run to Brie, blast stealths as you go around that corner, with swiftness everyone should be just to the choke point with the 2-3 deadeys and 2 technicians ready to blast you, toss your Elixer S for 3s enough to safely get through there then it’s either restealth behind that wall or just Yolo the rest of the way.

Other than that, yeah Grenade/EG/FT 3 kit setup, swap in Elixers as the utility is needed/wanted and sometimes bomb kit makes sense, especially on trash for the blind field or bosses that will reflect your grenades.

Been loving mine, can’t get enough of him, even went so far as to make a second engi because I didn’t like my charr and wanted Asura.

I thought elixir s tb was 5 seconds?

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So it is… even better, for some reason I had 3s stuck in my head, think I was mixing that up with the harpy feathers.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

By the way. What is the maximum amount of might an engi can provide.
When lucky I can provide 12-15 with h turret, ft, eg and elite… So there is room to use bombs. That will put us at 18…

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

So it is… even better, for some reason I had 3s stuck in my head, think I was mixing that up with the harpy feathers.

I think it used to be 3 but they buffed it sometime in the last year.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

When lucky I can provide 12-15 with h turret, ft, eg and elite… So there is room to use bombs. That will put us at 18…

Well if you use shield 4 and thumper turret instead of bombs that’s 3 more blasts. So that would put you at 24.

Edit: And if you take HGH all elixirs grant might, so I’m sure you could figure out how to get 25. It’s not worth all the tradeoffs though.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

3 sec is from the finishers

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Well if you use shield 4 and thumper turret instead of bombs that’s 3 more blasts. So that would put you at 24.

Edit: And if you take HGH all elixirs grant might, so I’m sure you could figure out how to get 25. It’s not worth all the tradeoffs though.

I am thinking in a pug situation as the only might provider. Which is the acceptable tradeoff (in other words which one is our phalanx build?)

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I am thinking in a pug situation as the only might provider. Which is the acceptable tradeoff (in other words which one is our phalanx build?)

In pugs I would stick with EG, FT, Nades, and just get your 15 party stacks and forget the last 10. If you ask the rest of the party to blast in your fire field you can probably get the other 10. I wouldn’t sacrifice DPS for the extra 10.

Dungeons

in Engineer

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

It may sound sad, but if your pug doesn’t manage to add some blasts to your fire field or provide additional stacks of might (for example: ‘For Great Justice’ really seems to go out of style^^), just assume that giving up personal dps to buff their (low most of the time) damage will lead to lower group-dps :-/