Duo for WvW Roaming, SD Engi + ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Hey all WvW Power/SD engineers!

I’m roaming mostly with my brother, who plays a Rifle Static Discharge build.

I have all classes lvl 80 except thief (lvl 67) and ranger (lvl 6 ), but I can’t seem to find the best profession that would synergize with what he brings.

I was mostly a condi necro, but when we encounter someone, he normally burst him down so quick that my conditions doesn’t have time to tick long enough to matter.

I’ve tried a condi engi (because of gear availability, would try power if I could) and it feels mostly the same as my necro.

My healway guardian works well with him, but I feel like I’m just a healbot that removes his conditions when needed and stomp whoever we managed to down.

What would be, in your opinion, a good Power based profession to team up with an engi, mostly to cover his weakness (if any )?

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Well if you’re looking for power based and to cover his weaknesses the first thing that springs to mind would be an AoE focused class like ele for not only buffing him but also taking out pesky minions/clones that cause static discharge to fizzle in effectiveness. Being an ele you could provide plenty of combo fields to go with his blast finishers and if staff bring a lot of field control and other AoE stall tactics (frozen ground, unsteady ground, and static field).

in Engineer

Posted by: Vale.7658

Vale.7658

From having roamed both with and as an engi, I would say warrior or thief. Warrior provides a ton of control in combat and does good damage. A good warrior can force people to pay attention to him and allow the engi to get off his burst. The thief is sort of the opposite. They can use the distraction that the engi provides and get in their own burst. And just as importantly, both of those professions can match the mobility and escape mechanisms the engi has for getting out of bad situations and moving around the map.

in Engineer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

He’s on the Glass Cannon side, so I guess Ele or Warrior for additional control and get out of jail cards.

Thanks for your input, too much choice is like not enough sometimes. I’ll go gear both and test that out.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]