EPIC FIX Turrets Should be able to be mobile

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

Q:

Just imagine a Engineer trait to have mobile turrets heal and Boon your allies where you go in a specific radius. Or shoot fire, missiles, or bullets at enemies. That would be sick. Thoughts?

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

(edited by Shadowtech.5071)

in Engineer

Posted by: Destac.2064

Destac.2064

No or else the rangers and eles would rage.. But is strange i had the same idea today, i thought it would be fair but then the balance and then how would they fly?

in Engineer

Shadowtech.5071

1.Balance ok; elementalist, messmer, and necromancers all have summons/minions why not us? 2.Helicopter blades or float; really -.-

Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Or treads, currently they are more effective blowing up for the knockback or static discharge which is kinda messed up, I just wish they were mobile period, or the overcharge skill could be replaced with a skill that makes them mobile, but I really just dont know what would be done to “balance” that out.

Turrets just suck, but ironically they are the only skills we have that says “I’m an engineer” to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: SaboD.7290

SaboD.7290

Turrets don’t need to fly, they just don’t need a cool down when you destroy them. That way you can use them at anytime. Arena net then just needs to then adjust the turrets individual damage and abilities to compensate for you being able to always have them up.

in Engineer

Shadowtech.5071

Turrets don’t need to fly, they just don’t need a cool down when you destroy them. That way you can use them at anytime. Arena net then just needs to then adjust the turrets individual damage and abilities to compensate for you being able to always have them up.

I see that your changing the topic of post; I think Turrets should be mobile and follow the user just like a fire elemental. On the ground or air, whatever arenanet does its works for me. Of course the abilities will need to change to compensate of course.

Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: SaboD.7290

SaboD.7290

How is it that I’m changing the post? I’m sure at first the post said fly, but mobile whatever doesn’t matter. They don’t need to be mobile. Say I have a turret build, and I drop my turrets. Once I move on, my turrets stay put. I can then move on with nothing or destroy them get my tool belt utilities back and wait for the cool downs on my turrets to use them again.

If turrets are mobile as you suggest, you will loose your toolbelt utilities, granted they are not all that great for turrets but you loose them none the less. With no cool downs I can use my turrets at one place distroy them when done and drop them down again right away if I need to. The turrets would be able to be replaced at any time at any given moment. Thefefore they do not need to be mobile.

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

How is it that I’m changing the post? I’m sure at first the post said fly, but mobile whatever doesn’t matter. They don’t need to be mobile. Say I have a turret build, and I drop my turrets. Once I move on, my turrets stay put. I can then move on with nothing or destroy them get my tool belt utilities back and wait for the cool downs on my turrets to use them again.

If turrets are mobile as you suggest, you will loose your toolbelt utilities, granted they are not all that great for turrets but you loose them none the less. With no cool downs I can use my turrets at one place distroy them when done and drop them down again right away if I need to. The turrets would be able to be replaced at any time at any given moment. Thefefore they do not need to be mobile.

This post kind of makes me question the originality of turrets, as well as the Engineer class as a whole. It sort of seems that turrets are just re-skinned Mesmer illusions made static.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

No or else the rangers and eles would rage.. But is strange i had the same idea today, i thought it would be fair but then the balance and then how would they fly?

Tank rollers, who needs flight.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

This post kind of makes me question the originality of turrets, as well as the Engineer class as a whole. It sort of seems that turrets are just re-skinned Mesmer illusions made static.

If you look at the various abilities the Engineer gets, most of them can easily be compared, directly and generally unfavorably, to the abilities of other classes. For the two most obvious examples: Thrown Elixir U (three types of random wall effect) and Elixir X (two types of transformation, with a different two underwater (though I think they’ve nixed one of those underwater ones…)) both directly duplicate effects from other classes, except without the reliability. Elixir U, if drank, gives Quickness and a random debuff from another profession.

To be fair, it might actually be difficult to come up with a whole set of unique effects for the Engineer to use. Pretty sure the Engineer was started late in the process, thus its massive list of bugs, seeming neglect, and…dubious balance.

As for the idea of mobile turrets: I love that idea.

in Engineer

Shadowtech.5071

If you look at the various abilities the Engineer gets, most of them can easily be compared, directly and generally unfavorably, to the abilities of other classes. For the two most obvious examples: Thrown Elixir U (three types of random wall effect) and Elixir X (two types of transformation, with a different two underwater (though I think they’ve nixed one of those underwater ones…)) both directly duplicate effects from other classes, except without the reliability. Elixir U, if drank, gives Quickness and a random debuff from another profession.

To be fair, it might actually be difficult to come up with a whole set of unique effects for the Engineer to use. Pretty sure the Engineer was started late in the process, thus its massive list of bugs, seeming neglect, and…dubious balance.

As for the idea of mobile turrets: I love that idea.

You see someone finally agrees, how is having mobile turrets and more op or different than a elementalist summons?? You can still detonate them but they just will move with you. If you don’t want them mobile then don’t pick the trait simple as that. Where am I going wrong with this idea?

Maguuma