Elite Mortar skin is boring

in Engineer

Posted by: Ishmael.3642

Ishmael.3642

it looks like a blunderbuss, it looks bland. can we at least slap a rotary drum on it or something?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ishmael.3642

Ishmael.3642

sorry, i meant to say it looks like the iron rifle. its just that every time i look at it, i think of an actual blunderbuss

in Engineer

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

If this is your biggest issue with the class…
Before any resources get spent on a new skin for an elite skill i’d rather see them into balancing and new content.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

I really like it. It looks simple and functional.

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Before any resources get spent on a new skin for an elite skill i’d rather see them into balancing and new content.

Amen! yes, please don’t waste efforts on a skin that’s not used all that much. Drop some love onto the class itself, and a tad more than 2 things, one for PVP. Although yea for the PVP folks, they got something……

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I would prefer some kind of launcher used over the shoulder, so the kits looks more unique.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

different teams

in Engineer

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

I miss the old motar. Back when it was an actual motar.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

in Engineer

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I miss the old motar. Back when it was an actual motar.

You mean back when nobody used it, because it was a pain in the kitten and not worth wasting time on?

in Engineer

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

I’ll admit it was underwhelming, however I normally found them useful during seige defense and backline in wvw. The arc made it possible to attack out of the line-of-sight and the consistent stability so I wouldn’t get cc’ed. Plus the 5th skill could scramble blobs.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

The skin and animations should be changed to that of a cannon, just like Horrik’s, and you all know it.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Engineer

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

For these saying not to allocate resources into engi kit skins… You know that they won’t allocate it in improving class… Because it it (mostly) GRAPHIC department, for that money you get YET another black lion weapon set (not like you will use most of these weapons, you will stick to your blunderbuss and rice cooker).
Also it would be great for Anet to allow engineer to have panel to customize kit skins (and I really don’t like kits). It would require more work from programmer side, but it still should be different team than balancing team. And to be frank team that adds new content probably working on expansion by now (I won’t expect to get new map in next, probably last chapter of LS, on other side I hope they won’t add another map).
It would also would open door to have other classes customizable effects (warrior banners – maybe you would like more tribal theme, or holographic etc.) and you know what… compared to other “stuff” it could be monetized.

in Engineer

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I’ll admit it was underwhelming, however I normally found them useful during seige defense and backline in wvw. The arc made it possible to attack out of the line-of-sight and the consistent stability so I wouldn’t get cc’ed. Plus the 5th skill could scramble blobs.

I guess I wasn’t creative enough to use it like that. The new mortar is boring but useful.

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

Have you fired a mortar kit with a Charr? Those guys one-hand the things like pistols. It’s awesome!

In all seriousness, I think it’s a good kit atm. My real petpeeve is that they should make our kits shiny/fiery depending on what legendary we have equipped! And bring back hobo sacks!!!!