Elite spec and the F1-5 skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: origin.1496

origin.1496

No idea if anyone has posted a similar topic. If so, meh here it is again.

What do you think will happen with the f1-5 skill bar on our engineers with the elite spec, or what would you want to happen to it?

I truthfully don’t expect the tool belt skills to behave the same when you have the elite spec equipped. For example- Grenade Kit’s ’nade barrage, do you think it will still exist with our elite spec, or will something else be there, or no tool belt F1-5 skills at all and a brand new mechanic regarding the drones we saw?

As for my answer- I believe the F1-5 will still exist simply because they added the f5 skill very recently. I couldn’t say that they will behave the same though when the elite spec is currently in use.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Well, the other Elites revealed thus far haven’t had HUGE changes made to their mechanics. Tempests still change Attunement, they can just re-attune to the one they’re in for an extra attack. Reapers still enter Death Shroud, it just has a different moves while staying as a transformation. Dragonhunter still have their basically-Signets, just with somewhat changed effects. And Chronomancer keeps all their shatters, just with an extra button tacked on.

So, I imagine that the basic function of each Tool belt ability will remain the same. Maybe they’ll just all be moved to the drones, so the Engineer doesn’t have to go through the animation themselves? That’s honestly a little boring, but given just how many things the Tool belt can do, it’s hard to imagine a very drastic overhaul to it’s functionality. Changing every single skill to something else still related to the Utility is far more work than I’d expect them to put into it, and changing Forge’s F1-5 to something static and independent of their chosen Utilities seems like a gigantic step backwards from the wide assortment of abilities that Engineers have by default.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I’m assuming that drones will be our class mechanic addition, like a weaker passive effect to all our toolbelt skills (think signets). If you look at the datamined info, it was more than just 6 models extracted from the .dat .What we saw was a wide variety of smaller drone extensions like saws, arms, vents, etc as well as multiple textures for diffrent colors and multiple icons for the back wing. The amount of combinations they can make might match the number of different toolbelt skills we have.

Or they could just have made a wide variety of parts that is later comprised into 6 utility skills, but that would be kinda boring.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dentrius.1274

Dentrius.1274

It’s a tough one. They can’t change our toolbelt skills to sth static, cause our utility skills are balanced with thoes in mind (med kit, gadgets, elixirs etc)
They cant add another button at F6. So imo its either well get a minor trait that spawns a drone each time a toolbelt skill is used and with the major traits we pick what we want the drones to do passively (offensive buffs, deffensive, condi clear, damage etc).

Or

We get sth crazy like a resource bar added to the toolbelt and drones are upkeep skills that pulses effects similar to the revenant and we need to use hammer skills in order to generate this resource. (Forge > rocket hammer >heat – steam is the resource)

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

We get sth crazy like a resource bar added to the toolbelt and drones are upkeep skills that pulses effects similar to the revenant and we need to use hammer skills in order to generate this resource. (Forge > rocket hammer >heat – steam is the resource)

While I think getting a resource bar (like Heat, Cogs, Engines or Electricity) is a likely possibility, making it only go up by hammer skills would force the player to take hammer in order to play with the class mechanic. This is not the case in any of the other elite specs, you can take and use reaper shroud without greatsword on the reaper, and you can use longbow without traps on the dragon hunter.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

I think those f1-f5 skills will still remain.They didn’t putted that much effort in those specs in my opinion so far.I don’t know how hard it is to change a bit the overlay + some new functions.So i wont complain about that.

But IF they would change it , then hopefully something interesting.Spamming drones and pushing f1-f5 skills is kinda boring , then i can go and use turrets.It’s the same kinda meeeh.Kits are way more better and gives more options,while turrets limiting your movement and those drones probably are too weak and don’t affect that gameplay , that much.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”