Elixer Gun

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I think the #5 skill on the elixer gun should create a water field instead of a light field. Why? Well, the #5 skill heals everyone standing in the field. It makes sense it would be a water field and not light field. Also the icon for it looks like a jug of water.

Certified Gameaholic

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I do not agree. It removes a condition but it does not give regeneration. It gives you an altogether different benefit of a health tic outside of regeneration. In my experience, thematically, every other water field in the game either gives the boon regeneration, or gives a single heal, or a one time heal+regeneration. To my knowledge, super elixir is the only heal in the game that does a condition removal, a single heal, then is followed up with a heal tick that is not the boon regeneration.

So why does it “make sense” that it should be a water field? Are you basing this on some assumed common theme? I have difficulty understanding why so many posters associate a field that heals and removes a boon, with a water field. Now I could understand associating fields that offer regeneration with a water field, but super elixir does not create regeneration.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I do not agree. It removes a condition but it does not give regeneration. It gives you an altogether different benefit of a health tic outside of regeneration. In my experience, thematically, every other water field in the game either gives the boon regeneration, or gives a single heal, or a one time heal+regeneration. To my knowledge, super elixir is the only heal in the game that does a condition removal, a single heal, then is followed up with a heal tick that is not the boon regeneration.

So why does it “make sense” that it should be a water field? Are you basing this on some assumed common theme? I have difficulty understanding why so many posters associate a field that heals and removes a boon, with a water field. Now I could understand associating fields that offer regeneration with a water field, but super elixir does not create regeneration.

Because engi has tons of explo finisher (it seems like u don’t use them for some reason) which give us reatliation in a light field. And this is totally kitten because no one needs 3 seconds of retaliation. A water field would give AoE-healing with an explo finisher. But this is not the problem, the problem is: light field destroys any combofield+finisher for this 10 seconds. No fire bomb + explo finisher for AoE-might. No healing turret + explo finisher for AoE healing. No poison grenade + explo finisher for AoE weakness. It’s just an annoying field vor explo finishers which blocks everything for 10 seconds.

(edited by Forestnator.6298)

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Because engi has tons of explo finisher (it seems like u don’t use them for some reason) which give us reatliation in a light field. And this is totally kitten because no one needs 3 seconds of retaliation. A water field would give AoE-healing with an explo finisher. But this is not the problem, the problem is: light field destroys any combofield+finisher for this 10 seconds. No fire bomb + explo finisher for AoE-might. No healing turret + explo finisher for AoE healing. No poison grenade + explo finisher for AoE weakness. It’s just an annoying field vor explo finishers which blocks everything for 10 seconds.

And there you go, that is exactly the reason why they do not want to give engineer such a simple source of waterfield. Because we have so many blasts.
Obviously we have healing turret, but to use the water field you have that slight sacrifice of having to use your #6 healing skill, mayby when your party needs it and not you. Same with the ranger heal.
Making the light field to heal same, but faster, that would be a nice reasonable boost idd. But not the waterfield.

[TA]

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Making the light field to heal same, but faster, that would be a nice reasonable boost idd. But not the waterfield.

This.

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Because engi has tons of explo finisher (it seems like u don’t use them for some reason)

I assume your attempting to make a back handed insult. In fact your correct. I do not use “explo finishers” but I do run blast finishers in my build, 4 to be exact. I get my water field from Healing Turret if I want one. Generally I use my build to stack my groups might. Occasionally stealth. I have other guildies and group mates who handle the water fields and other folks with blast finishers who hit those up. In coordinated group play, we all have out roles we take over time. In such cases, its not efficient for everyone to simply spam every blast finisher on every random field they see.

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

And there you go, that is exactly the reason why they do not want to give engineer such a simple source of waterfield. Because we have so many blasts.
Obviously we have healing turret, but to use the water field you have that slight sacrifice of having to use your #6 healing skill, mayby when your party needs it and not you. Same with the ranger heal.

This is flawed logic again.

We already have decent access to water fields with just healing turret, but you can’t use the same blast finisher more than once per cooldown…

If I just used all my blast finishers in my healing turret water field, I don’t have anymore to use on my Super Elixir water field……..

All this would do is give Engy’s more options. Take Healing Turret? Or take Elixir Gun? Flexibility.

If we had more 100% projectile finishers, or if light blast finishers did an aoe cleanse I’d be more than fine with it being a light field. Like if Elixir Gun #1 or #2 was a 100% finisher that would be pretty good.

Condensing Super Elixir into a 5 second water field would be amazing though and wouldn’t be a piddly 10 second heal that covers other fields with a crappy light field lol.

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The engineer simply has too many blast finishers for a long lasting water field to be balanced imho.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I don’t think the elixer gun removes a condition with #5. It says “Launch an elixir orb, healing allies on impact and creating an area of continual healing.”

Certified Gameaholic

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I don’t think the elixer gun removes a condition with #5. It says “Launch an elixir orb, healing allies on impact and creating an area of continual healing.”

It does, trust me.

Elixer Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

To be clear, it only removes the one condition on impact. I think it should remove with each pulse. It says neither on the tooltip but Coglin is right it does remove a condition.

I also think it should stay a light field. Sure a water field could be OP, but my reason is more because it’s our only reliable light field. The only other light fields we have access to are Toss R (which no one is using for the field) and Toss U (which no one can rely on using for the field). I would prefer to have the consistent light field, to pair with our consistent water field from the Healing Turret. Sure, the Turret’s field is short, but with practice you can quite easily fit 4-5 blasts in there on the fly.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry