Elixer U is too unreliable.

in Engineer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Am I using this wrong? this skill decreases my survivability atleast 50% as a pure rifle crit/ all out offensive build. 5 secs of quickness doesn’t warrant the loss of all endurance( = instant death for me) / instant death (1 hit killed) / no heal is fine for 5 sec.

Perhaps Im using this skill wrong? anyone want to enlighten me? =s

tool belt skill always give me the wrong spell too, horrible luck here.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Elixir U has its uses, I run with it most of the times. I generally avoid using it if I know I’ll get hit, I use it more as an opener in a wvw fight upon an unsuspecting player or when someone is running away. It’s also great when you are shooting from above while using coated bullets.
The tossed elixir is tricker: for me it’s something you use in a fight against another ranged character, no matter what spell you get you will always get some benefit. It’s also a last attempt at getting stealth to escape, not only can you get it from the confusion wall, you can also combo the smoke screen for it.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

If you want 100% offensive build. You really shouldn’t be surprised when you have next to no survivability.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Engineer

Coltz.5617

Yea, this is the only skill where you need to adjust to the skill rather than using the skill to adjust to my needs. I don’t think it working out, so far everyone I talked to in game agrees that it is one of the skills that is more gimmicky than usefulness.. Which shouldn’t be the case especially for an engineer. =/

“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Engineer

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

The skill is very useful. It will complement any defensive build since you can quickly unload damage in a good situation. If you are tanky, you won’t need to roll as much anyways. With block skills like the shield and wrench kit you can tank hit instead of rolling them.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

haha. yeah. I use it almost entirely for the wall.
Surprisingly reliable. It “feels” like its 50% wall of reflection. 25% smokescreen, and 25% veil. This is a good 75% chance of a block/reflect projectile wall. Pretty reliable at doing that.
The light, and smoke fields are pretty meh. hard to make any use of really. Again, not knowing which you will get.
The stealth itself on veil is pretty terrible. As it really functions completely different then the block/reflect wall. Useful, in completely different situations.

The haste effect, and its debuff are not super useful honestly.
That Use animation takes too long, making the haste not effective as a dps gain.
The debuff is awful.

in Engineer

Posted by: Neckro.1574

Neckro.1574

The tool kit version is only meh. However I completely ignored the slot skills for Elixer U, coming from a tanky defensive engineer build. The dmg it does for me does not worth the little bit of quickness it adds at all. Especailly that 50% dmg taken is extremely dangerous even for a tank build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Personally, I would use it way more often if they got rid of the viel since I only use the toolbelt version for deflection/absorb and the viel is pretty useless for a ranged profession where as the other two would greatly complement the offensive utility skill.

I almost all ways use the toolbelt then elixer and unload whatever else, the wall takes the bullets n’ arrows and that +50% more dmg taken or endurance loss is completely forgotten. That is if I get the deflect or absorb field…
Casia here is a bit more lucky than I with the RNG part of it, I end up with viel about 75% of the time the other two are uncommon

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Personally, I would use it way more often if they got rid of the viel since I only use the toolbelt version for deflection/absorb and the viel is pretty useless for a ranged profession where as the other two would greatly complement the offensive utility skill.

I almost all ways use the toolbelt then elixer and unload whatever else, the wall takes the bullets n’ arrows and that +50% more dmg taken or endurance loss is completely forgotten. That is if I get the deflect or absorb field…
Casia here is a bit more lucky than I with the RNG part of it, I end up with viel about 75% of the time the other two are uncommon

haha. really? ouch. My testing has not been exactly through. but I could swear its not an even 33%. pretty sure its wall of reflect heavy.

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Elixir U’s haste effect is best used stomping or rezzing. Its toolkit throw is one of the few ways we can get a smoke field (albeit unreliably). You can easily swap over to the thumper turret and get a quick triple blast finisher in it (quadruple if you’re rocking a shield) for area stealth.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Don’t underestimate Quickness.

…but, yeah, its toolkit ability is quite bad.

in Engineer

Coltz.5617

I am sure it is the side effects that is being underestimated atm + the unreliability that is the concern instead of the awesome benefit quickness give. In this case 5s quickness is just not enough to even out the problems it gives.

“ALL IS VAIN”

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Its also that it has a cast time, unlike the other 3 which are instant use. But yes, the unreliable effects, bugs, and fact that there is something else that we could use makes this skill fairly uncommon.

in Engineer

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I would say that Elixir U need some rework.
When you want to do quick res.Elixir just pop frenzy on you and boom! A shot from boss and you are down too!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I love my Elixir U for quickness, but the randomness of the bebuff is a pain in the kitten

There is no way of knowing what debuff you have without mousing over to see what it is (because the icons are too vague), and if you spend time doing that you’ll waste all of your short few seconds of quickness.

Also, the toolbelt having 2 skills that do one thing, and one skill that does something completely different often makes it useless.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria