Elixir B is a Utility that should be followed

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Every time i visit this forum i see discussions of bad stuff we have or ideas about how we should be in the future, but i rarely see some praise.

And honestly, Elixir B is one of those utilities that i feel, man, what a great utility it is.

When i was new, this was one of the first utilities i toyed with, and i find it great his swiftness to travel before i knew of the Streamlined kits.

I can’t give enough praise to this skill as a great filler it is when i wanna try stuff out of the ordinary, the skill is alright when you play around it, like the grenade kits, but in a supportive way.

Its a utility that demands a trait in order to be used well, but it feels worth it if its traited when you go for it, unlike Elixir U, wich also needs boon duration for seeing yourself using it, and the poor turrets, too much trait cost for nothing.

And it totally sees play in Competitive pvp, so many times, this skill has guaranteed me the safe stomp i need it or the extra damage i was missing, specially with his sinergy with the Scrapper traits, and im sure that wasnt intended, and hey, that didnt made the utility broken at all!

Imo, one of the best and balanced skills we have when you wanna use it, it feels right to have, and its not a big “kitten you” utility to your opponents aswell.

I dont say our utilities should be like Elixir B, but feel like Elixir B.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Elixir B is my favorite Engineer utility. Swiftness, Might, Fury, Retal, all great things. Elixirs are my favorite way to build an Engi and Elixir B is so pure to that purpose.

You get many useful boons, you get more of them when damaged. As you might stack with HGH your retal gets better, your crits do more, and your condis hit harder. Elixir Engies just “flow” so naturally."

My dislike of kits go a long way for improving my liking of Elixirs. That being said, if you don’t like kits Elixirs are your only option due to the poor state of Gadgets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Even elixir b still has unsolved issues.

Back in the day elixirs could be traited to to damage and boon removal when thrown.

That trait doesn’t exist anymore but they are still treated as offensive projectiles. Like when you throw your elixir b into a guardian with aegis it becomes blocked and you get no stability. The same also applies for all other blocks, reflects and projectile destruction skills in the game.
Since this is one of the few sources of engi stability coupled with its tiny radius makes it very unreliable to use.

Well its mainly a WvW problem that has existed for years but as we all know anet doesn’t care about that.