Elixir-Bomber Man Build Critique

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Do let us know how it feels in dungeons, I’d be interested in that.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Spracket.9604

Spracket.9604

I started using a build that’s almost exactly the same, and am having a blast. I went from using grenade spam (yawn). While it obviously hits for much less, your ability to survive skyrockets, you can support your group much better, and you don’t destroy your wrist spamming 1 button!

The main difference in my build is elixir r instead of c, since you already have a good chunk of condition removal with elixir gun + double super elixir.

I’m also using as much apothecary’s as the trading post will let me, although I’ve resorted to shaman’s jewelry (since the ridiculous price of passion flowers hasn’t been resolved). With not only the pistol, but also the elixir gun and bomb kit, the only conditions you don’t have are chill and fear.

Warmaster Striketail: Watch and learn, bookworms. This is how you fire a cannon!
Creator Flinkk: You’d have nothing to fire if I hadn’t built the device!

(edited by Spracket.9604)

in Engineer

Posted by: Spracket.9604

Spracket.9604

I’m also using as much apothecary’s as the trading post will let me, although I’ve resorted to shaman’s jewelry (since the ridiculous price of passion flowers hasn’t been resolved). With not only the pistol, but also the elixir gun and bomb kit, the only conditions you don’t have are chill and fear.

So, would you recommend a mix of Cleric’s gear and condition damage gear? Or did you go full Cleric’s?

Oh im using apothecary’s and shaman’s. I’m not 100% on this choice (only because of the inventions 25 point passive. What I do know is that you can keep poison, burning, confusion, and bleed up on the target. Plus, Even without exploiting power, I can still get my healing near 1300. I was fighting vet karka without losing health.

I’m not really an expert on the build yet, but so far no regrets.

You said you’d mostly be bomb spamming so maybe clerics is a good choice for you, but i’m constantly swapping kits and only using the bombs for any extra healing that 2 super elixirs and regen can’t cover.

So far, I’ve run TA and SE, and the build has been very fun, if not effective. There have even been fights where I’ve ended up tanking a bit. In wvw fights, I’ve kept myself going under arrow cart barrages. It’s a blast.

Warmaster Striketail: Watch and learn, bookworms. This is how you fire a cannon!
Creator Flinkk: You’d have nothing to fire if I hadn’t built the device!

(edited by Spracket.9604)

in Engineer

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

That’s exactly the build I was using, and I ended up swapping out bombs for grenades as soon as I started running dungeons. Too many mobs that run around, too many one-shotting or two-shotting bosses.

in Engineer

Posted by: Marott.2679

Marott.2679

Talking about armor… I think for bomb kit and elixir gun need condition damage. So.. maybe would be better carrion armor with undead rune?