Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

am i the only person who use this for pvp and WvW
haha,

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

Not as a main weapon, but for super elixir its great!

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

I use it a lot in my pd build (I got accused of it being a troll-build by some frustrated mesmers o O)

Its a build fully designed about survivability, heals and condition removal.

For me the 5 skill on the Elixir gun as well as the F skill healing mist are worth carrying it alone.

I run 10-0-30-30-0 spec by the way with Healing kit, bombs, Elixir gun, Elixir R and supply crate.

With my gear setup I become pretty much unkillable unless they bring at least 3 heavy dps and burst me down together.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Arvin.3124

(edited by Arvin.3124)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

The link doesn’t show a build for me, just the form without anything filled in.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Zahdane.4029

Zahdane.4029

The problems with elixir gun that I have are thus:

1. Does not benefit from Sigils.
2. Does not benefit from my weapon stats.
3. Wastes a skill slot (Since other classes can just swap weapons for the same effect of changing their 1-5 key abilities) This is mitigated if you use 2 kits however.
4. Does roughly the same damage as rifle, but half of it is in condition form and requires 3-5 shots to match the rifle damage.
5. Condition damage does not work at all on inanimate objects such as doors, turrets, siege engines.
6. The ease of use of removing conditions and prevention of condition damage (You yourself are immune to half of elixir damage after 25% life)
7. The number 2 ability arcs to your opponent, missing half the time.

Other than that, it’s great!

Zahzah – Stormbluff Isle
Asura Engineer

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Arvin.3124

Hi Zahdane,

1) I agree with the not benefitting from Sigils on kits is lame. It also severely limits the amount of sigils that are viable to us since on kill only triggers if you actually make the kill with your pistol/rifle (at least I think it works like that). I think it is because it would be hard to balance it properly but still find it a bit of a bummer as well since I spend most of my time in my kits and rack up much more kills with for instance my bombs than with my pistol/shield.

2) I don´t mind about this one that much, they do benefit from stats on armor and amulets.

3)I don´t think it “wastes” a skill slot, especially since you get 5 abilities in return, have practically 0 cooldown on kit/weapon swap and can equikittents that all give you a complete skillbar to play with. I prefer this diversity than being able to only pick one kit and have a 10 second cooldown on swapping it if it was made the same as regular weapon swap.

4) I don´t think you should use the elixir gun for pure damage, maybe to stack some poison. I use it for the F skill, the 5 skill giving another AoE heal and condition removal. The other 3 skills are a bit of a bonus in that respect :P

5) true, just swap to your rifle or pistol for those targets I guess. Or use bombs or nades.

6) You are only immune to conditions at 25% health if you take the 30 point trait for it I think? And yes, conditions are maybe easily removed but that goes for all classes that do a good part of their damage as condition based.

7) It does hit more often than not for me but yes, its a bit of a skill shot.

Anyway, I think for damage the Flamethrower for instance is a better pick. Elixir gun provides a good tradeoff between some damage and healing/condition removal.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

am i the only person who use this for pvp and WvW
haha,

Nah, not the only one at least in WvWvW. Yet, since it’s hard to find some other engineers out there at all and elixir gun is not so popular kit, it might feel like a kinda underused and underloved. On the other hand, one or two e-guns per zerg is enough in terms of condition removal/healing, so it’s okay if so few of us actually use it

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Zahdane.4029

Zahdane.4029

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’d love to use it.
I just feel rifle / elixirs provide much more damage, survivability and utility.

I’m a 20/20/0/30/0 spec.

I came to this conclusion AFTER I made +condition damage exotics for every slot..
So I have to regear now for rifle.

Zahzah – Stormbluff Isle
Asura Engineer

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Mindfazr.4976

Mindfazr.4976

Elixir Gun has a permanent spot on my bar for WvW

10 points into Tools: Kit Refinement
Swap to Elixir gun for FREE super elixir, hit #5 for a second one
This + #4 medkit = 3 condition removal + double stacked regen?
Can I have fries with that please?

The main reason I take Elixir Gun: dat #4
In WvW zerg standoffs, #4 is amazing, I repeat….amazing.
I dont use it for the acid damage…..I use it for escaping
If you ever find yourself over extended during a standoff, turn to face the enemy and tap #4. BLAM, you are whisked a long distance back to your friendly lines (without being knocked down). I often use this during assaults when I am grenade spamming the walls and want to burn those few guys down before they can get revived, or finish off killing a piece of siege.

I stand valiantly against a hail of arrow carts and AoE spam to get my last few hits in, and tap (you guessed it) #4! It usually flies me over all the arrowcart and AoE spam back into friendly territory.

Helps fending off ganks too, Knock em back and down with rifles, switch to Elixir and….#4. I now have about a football field between me and the HS spammer.

(edited by Mindfazr.4976)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Morgrim.4021

Morgrim.4021

Adding to the last post, if you get the Rocket Boots you can do it even more often! While crossing even more distance! And you even get a free roundhouse-kick-to-the-face F-skill!

But yes, elixer gun is awesome.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Mindfazr.4976

I dont like the knockdown effect of rocketboots, but agreed both are awesome in their own right.

Looking at slot budget too, where you take up one slot, EG offers (to me) many more nitch abilities than a slot being taken on RB….

Im not disagreeing and I think the best part about the engineer is we have so many choices. Even if alot of our stuff is bugged, It feels great for someone with self diagnosed ADD like myself haha.

(edited by Mindfazr.4976)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Arvin.3124

Mindfazr, thanks so much for explaining that. I was under the assumption kit refinement creates a random spell, you say it is always #5 when you switch to elixir gun?

Def swapping out my 10 in explosives for THAT trait then o O.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

i use power build with elixir gun >.< yeah i know its con damage but who cares afterall WvW you need vit and def more then anything plus con vs power in WvW power wins because you need to kill fast but since dart is doing about 1/3 of rifle damage im still okay with it as bleeding effect and -50% crit chance from enemy if fair enough in a 1 v 1

i hope they give kits passive buff

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Mindfazr.4976

Arvin,
Yeah I thought the samething reading the trait as well. I was pleasantly surprised that for once, it is an ability that doesnt rely on RNG.

From Wiki
————————————————————————————————-
Does the following attacks on the spot while switching kits to:

Elixir Gun – Super Elixir (Recharge: 20s)
Flamethrower – Fire Blast (AoE) (Recharge: 10s)
Tool Kit – Box of Nails (Recharge: 0s)
Bomb Kit – Bomb (Recharge: 0s)
Grenade Kit – Grenade Barrage (Recharge: 10 or 20s)
Med Kit – Detonate (Recharge: 0s)
—————————————————————————————

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

Arvin,
Yeah I thought the samething reading the trait as well. I was pleasantly surprised that for once, it is an ability that doesnt rely on RNG.

From Wiki

kind of not worth it to use when WvW as you are trying to perm swift with med kit you might hurt those creep along the way and cause you to go into combat and slow you down
unless they change med kit to something else if not is a NO NO NO NO trait

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Mindfazr.4976

I agro stuff sometimes with speedy kits (I got 20 in tools for Speedy and Refinement, and full centaur runes) but to be honest, it really isnt an issue. In the small cases I am not already in combat from zerg spam, I just use Elixir Gun first til I clear the mobs, then drop into medkit and eat a #5 med potion)….

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Elixir Gun has a permanent spot on my bar for WvW

10 points into Tools: Kit Refinement
Swap to Elixir gun for FREE super elixir, hit #5 for a second one
This + #4 medkit = 3 condition removal + double stacked regen?
Can I have fries with that please?

The main reason I take Elixir Gun: dat #4
In WvW zerg standoffs, #4 is amazing, I repeat….amazing.
I dont use it for the acid damage…..I use it for escaping
If you ever find yourself over extended during a standoff, turn to face the enemy and tap #4. BLAM, you are whisked a long distance back to your friendly lines (without being knocked down). I often use this during assaults when I am grenade spamming the walls and want to burn those few guys down before they can get revived, or finish off killing a piece of siege.

I stand valiantly against a hail of arrow carts and AoE spam to get my last few hits in, and tap (you guessed it) #4! It usually flies me over all the arrowcart and AoE spam back into friendly territory.

Helps fending off ganks too, Knock em back and down with rifles, switch to Elixir and….#4. I now have about a football field between me and the HS spammer.

yeah. I need to test it more, but I think super elixir has unlimited targets as well. I don’t run with it that often as… grenades.. but, I have swapped to it on occasion. Pretty sure when I have dropped in in WvW with many targets, I have see it tick 10-15 times at once.
The secondary factor here is light field. AoE retaliation. Really mess up anyone trying to aoe your rams/cata’s. And of course the cond removal itself. Very strong at keeping your front line alive in a siege.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Arvin.3124

Arvin,

From Wiki

Thanks so much again, swapped out the 10 in explosives I had in my last build and used this, it´s absolutely awesome I have to say. The elixir gun just became twice as powerful o O.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

I love the Elixir Gun!

If you combo this with the FT and pistols, you have 3 different conditions, 2 CCs, long and short range (especially if you choose the range increase trait in Firearms), an evade/damage, a heal/regen, and 2 blinds. And you still have a slot left for stun removal or extra condition removal.

I usually tag them into combat with my Elixir Gun from 1200 range (40% crit gives me a good chance for swiftness thanks to the Adept firearms trait), tag them with Elixir F to slow them down again, keep nailing’im with tranquilizer darts (THANK YOU, Anet for giving kits Auto-attack!), Fumigate as soon as I’m in range, Pistol Poison shot, Flamethrower shot, Lightning shot, Pop Incendiary rounds and hit them with a flame jet.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Mindfazr.4976

Off Topic: This thread has really made me a better engineer with the discussion of fields and finishers.

My question related to Elixir Gun, is on the Wiki Detonate is labeled as a Blast Finisher. Does anyone know if the Kit Refinement Detonate from Medkit counts as well? I know its a stretch but I am at work and cannot test. Swap to Elixir Gun for free Super Elixir (Light Field), then swap to Medkit for Detonate (Blast finisher).

…combo for free?

I can dream right?

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I was testing this very thing last night, unless my timing was off, I could not get it to do a blast finisher.

So, I would say no, it does not.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Just checked in game. The combat log calls this ability from the med kit “Impact trigger”

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Off Topic: This thread has really made me a better engineer with the discussion of fields and finishers.

My question related to Elixir Gun, is on the Wiki Detonate is labeled as a Blast Finisher. Does anyone know if the Kit Refinement Detonate from Medkit counts as well? I know its a stretch but I am at work and cannot test. Swap to Elixir Gun for free Super Elixir (Light Field), then swap to Medkit for Detonate (Blast finisher).

…combo for free?

I can dream right?

Not only is the detonate from swapping to med kit not working as a blast finisher, it’s also not knocking back, which i think detonate does as a skill.

Not being free blast finisher is very understandable, but not knocking back is actually the one reason why a HEALING kit would have damaging little aoe ability as trigger…
Either lmake that a heal, or indeed a knockback. Just remove the damage to balance it out. If we’re going for the med kit, we’re not concerned with doing damage as much as getting the time and room to drop and pick bandages

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Just checked in game. The combat log calls this ability from the med kit “Impact trigger”

the wiki page for this got actually adjusted: it’s called impact trigger there too now, no longer detonate.

This skill makes no sense at all as a trigger for a med kit, it’s just illogical.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

coglin.1496

the wiki page for this got actually adjusted: it’s called impact trigger there too now, no longer detonate.

This skill makes no sense at all as a trigger for a med kit, it’s just illogical.

Yes, I know. I updated the wiki as soon as I tested it.

That is one of the reason the wiki’s and Wikipedia is riddled with inaccuracies. Anyone can go in and put in whatever they want. I am sure who ver put the previous information meant to help, but had no concept of actually pulling information out of the combat log.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

i guess im the only guy who wear +power+vit+ toughness and use elixir gun I KNOW it’s a more of condition damage kit but no choice in WvW i need all the vit and toughness needed

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

anyway is is worth taking up Deadly Mixture trait ?

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Actually I was going to do a quick change and play with a similar build that you speak of. I dot distracted and forgot to go back to the BLTC and find the gear to do so.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: StSwfx.3754

StSwfx.3754

Using it with heal turret to stack up a lot of perma regen is pretty useful, I guess.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Great for its healing abilities, not so great for anything else. The damage output with the elixir gun is incredibly low, even when properly built for it.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

I’ve been toying around with an Elixir Gun build lately myself, and so far I’ve got:

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#10|10|2729|4700|2454|6383|4065|0|0|0|0|20|1419|1881|0|10|1013|0|0|30|1470|1473|1479|10|1883|0|0|0|0|0|28023|28025|49964|49964|49964|49964|49964|26064|48791|0|0|0|0|

This is a defensive support build with okay-ish condition damage. You have a great amount of toughness, self heals, tons of boons to toss around, and massive group condition removal. I chose pistol/pistol for the ability to stack burning and more aoe damage, along with my other conditions for a little more oomhf in that department. You can, however, go with a shield for even more defense. I am not set on runes and jewelry, you can toy with those. I was thinking about stacking boon duration as well with them, but being a support based build, I went with the ones that grants regen to your group whenever you heal and longer regen duration as a start.

For a bit more offensive but still support based build, you would drop the 10 points in Invention and stick them in Firearms up to the pistol shots pierce; or you could throw them in Explosives for the chance to burn on crit. You could also drop the offhand pistol for shield with this choice, as you now have another way to apply burns. Also, you could drop Potent Elixirs for Deadly Mixture in Alchemy.

And if you don’t care all that much about support, you could do all that and change the jewels and runes to offensive completely, but this would also reduce your own regen boon; and one of the great things about this build is stacking regeneration boon on top of your kit regeneration with a good amount of + healing power.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Using it with heal turret to stack up a lot of perma regen is pretty useful, I guess.

Keep in mind that the regen from the heal turret does not scale with healing power.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Faul.8109

Faul.8109

I’ve run Elixir Gun for a while… Very good indeed, with lots of utility. The problem? Only a game breaking one… In WvWvW and specially DEs no loot for joo…

That’s why a lot of engineers get to use grenades.

But there are some decent options.

For the same grenade build I prefer to just equip a rifle, rifle turret, tool kit and grenade kit. I just stay in rifle, press 2 (nets the player), target under player, F4 (they will hit noobs 100% of the time), F3, F2 ,1 and it’s a guaranteed player kill if all attacks land while boosted by Static Discharge trait.

But now I’m tired of kit swapping, and the plethora of things you need to do for the class to perform barely acceptably with no margin for error to stay competitive, and I run dual pistols with elixirs 10/30/0/30/0 and it performs acceptably when farming Penitent Path, WvWvW or PVP.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Piecake.3687

Piecake.3687

I love the elixir gun. If you spec Kit refinement, you are a condition removing machine. Really really helpful in dungeons. Sure, it doesnt do a whole lot of damage, and i only use the 3 and 5 ability, but i got my grenades for damage and grenades and rifle for control

I dont really play a whole lot of WvW (lagfest) or spvp, so i dont really no how it does in there, but elxir gun and elixir R are awesome in dungeons

(edited by Piecake.3687)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

the damage is way too low skill 1 cannot even match pistol skill 1, therefore if it’s buff abit more it won’t attach more people to use it

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

coglin.1496

You figuring in the fact that it has a longer bleed, In my case, that is an extra 130ish per tic at 80.

And the fact that it has weakness as well. It has to be a little less direct damage to balance out the benefit of weakness.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Casia.4281

pistol 1 is .324 scaling with a 2s bleed.
elixir 1 is .380 scaling with a 4s bleed.

(granted elixir gun is 969 damage, exotic pistol is 1025)
1500 power, 1000 cond would be:
pistol 1: 191dd , 190 bleed.
elixir1: 212dd , 380 bleed.

exotic pistol is 6% more damage then elixir gun, but elixir 1 is 17% more damage then pistol 1. And this is direct. Elixir 1 is twice as much bleed damage.

Elixir gunskill coeffs:

1: .380
2: .715
3: .385/2.25s (terrible)
4: .809/s for 5s. (wow)

(edited by Casia.4281)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Casia.4281

Hey Arenanet.

Is Elixir gun “Elixirs” not gaining from any “elixir” trait a bug or outdated UI from a design change? Would be really nice to know if we can expect this to be fixed at some point.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: DjJazzman.4031

DjJazzman.4031

Its a great weapon kit, and I actually use it a lot underwater. I mean:

The glue shot is great for pvp and WvW for catching weak stragglers.

The green gas of death is honestly my favorite.

Skill 4 has escape potential if it had a longer jump range, but other than that, its not that good of a skill.

Healing Elixer is the best of all the skills and when you are at the door, that is your allies’ best friend.

Would I make it my primary kit, no, that spot is reserved for my flamethrower, which is ten times more viable.

Leyologist Tibbol, [I]Arcane Leyline Expert and Synergetics Graduate[/I] Tarnished Coast

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

the largest problem with elixer-gun is the utter lack of a game changer grandmaster trait.
flamethrower and grande kits are miles better than any other kit because of juggernaut and grenadier.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Casia.4281

Its a great weapon kit, and I actually use it a lot underwater. I mean:

The glue shot is great for pvp and WvW for catching weak stragglers.

The green gas of death is honestly my favorite.

Skill 4 has escape potential if it had a longer jump range, but other than that, its not that good of a skill.

Healing Elixer is the best of all the skills and when you are at the door, that is your allies’ best friend.

Would I make it my primary kit, no, that spot is reserved for my flamethrower, which is ten times more viable.

Acid elixir does seem bad at first. Mostly just used for the jump back I’m sure.
But really testing its damage, it is very high. its a point blank lava font.
If the animation was more visible I think it would be more scary. No one realizes how much damage it does. This is esp true since most elixir gun builds don’t stack power/crit. they probably are doing cond or healing.

A stun or immobilize preceding it though. Dropping it on a downed player, will finish them off, while you run off.

Trying it figure out if a flame/elixir gun double kit build will work. would probably need a naga or something to really make use of fast swapping.
Note, my skill coeffs posted earlier do not count the +15% damage buff trait.
15% damage and 20% cd traits for both.

Elixir gun is 1200 range. might from juggernaut, getting +30% duration, from alch, and holding over to elixir. Napalm and ammo +burn applied to elixir gun1.

Gear knights, valk or zerker. typical power/crit. Cond will come from might stacks.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQFAUlspqbn1ShF17IRoCFG0D9W37K6R+bMlB;TwAgyyuEcJ5S1liLKYM+I8xOjDG5MA

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Casia.4281

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQFAUlspqbn1ShF17IxoCfG0D9W37K6R+bMlB;TwAgyyuEcJ5S1liLKYM+I8xOjDG5MA

Also, foolishly didn’t have kit refinement the first time anyway.
which is kindof must have for elixir gun.

edit… or not working. I give up. copy/paste.

(edited by Casia.4281)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Pictures.8954

Pictures.8954

I love using Elixir gun in WvW. I usually run in and plop down an acid pile of poo on the ground that does great damage and keeps me out of harms way most of the time. It’s hilarious seeing members of zergs run when they see it or feel its damage. Great crowd control.

Thieves hate the pile of acid poo too.

Skill 5 works wonders in keeping team members in the fighting lines.

It’s a shame many people don’t use it.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: MassRelay.9327

MassRelay.9327

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQFAUlspqbn1ShF17IxoCfG0D9W37K6R+bMlB;TwAgyyuEcJ5S1liLKYM+I8xOjDG5MA

For Invigorating Speed to work….where are you getting Swiftness from? I don’t see you having Infused Precision or Speedy Kits. Just the auto drink Elixir B at 75% health?

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

For Invigorating Speed to work….where are you getting Swiftness from?

From Elixir F bouncing back to him.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Casia.4281

For Invigorating Speed to work….where are you getting Swiftness from? I don’t see you having Infused Precision or Speedy Kits. Just the auto drink Elixir B at 75% health?

Invig speed works on all sources of swiftness, including allies.
Swiftness here would come from H sometimes, F sometimes, B at 75% health, or allies.

Still protection or fast acting might better. The vigor would be unreliably, holdover from usually using B.

(edited by Casia.4281)

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: MassRelay.9327

MassRelay.9327

For Invigorating Speed to work….where are you getting Swiftness from?

From Elixir F bouncing back to him.

Ah, right right. Always forget about that little extra from F. My bad.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Posted by: Zandur.5012

Zandur.5012

I use elixir gun on my tanky builds just for the number 5 ability since it removes conditions. But as a whole I think the elixir gun is a disaster and needs a fundamental rework, complete with new 1-4 abilities and better traits in more convenient locations. The look of the gun is really cool and I really want it to work as more than just a condition remover.

Elixir Gun

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Aside being the best support kit, I also consider it a real good kiting kit.

And it’s not even a conditonal damage only kit, it can hit surprisingly hard on power builds.

The only thing I would change is make the smoke a long ranged thing too. It’s there for support, and it’s on a long ranged kiting kit… so something more in the lines of a launched smoke cloud.

Oh, and one toher thing: if an ability lists as ‘elixir’ I expect it to work on elixir traits!