Elixir H, could it be better?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stillshade.7634

Stillshade.7634

Why can’t Elixir H give protection, swiftness, and regen instead of one at random?

Maguuma Engi Evvenna
Things that go BOOM

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

+1

(weakest heal skill by far…)

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

+1
i would love that, however what i wouldn’t love is getting hit with corrupt boon.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Yannirog.3427

Yannirog.3427

+1

(If this were the case, I would actually use it….)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

+1 really weakest heal skill by far. Random boons. Bad cooldown. Long casttime. Weak toss.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

+1 because I’m an engineer :o

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I understand the randomness of Elixir’s but they need some guarantee.

Elixir H: Heal and gain Protection(5s). You also gain either Regeneration(10s), Swiftness(10s), or Vigor(8s)

Toss Elixir H: Heal in the area for 1Kish. Gain Protection, Regeneration, or Vigor

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I had an idea for it but I don’t know how others would like it:

elixir H always gives protection and an extra 0-3 random boons depending on number of kits you using. 0 for no kits, 1 for 1, etc.
would make it a proper choice for kit builds while keeping it just as good for elixir builds.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

Definitely underwealming.

Actually, I can’t get over the randomness of Elixirs. If you have two skills and one has a guaranteed effect and the other one has a random effect, then the random effect should be stronger to compensate for the randomness. This is not what we get. When you look at engy skills that reproduce what other classes can do, we get the exact same thing as they get. Sometimes even with a larger cooldown.

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I had an idea for it but I don’t know how others would like it:

elixir H always gives protection and an extra 0-3 random boons depending on number of kits you using. 0 for no kits, 1 for 1, etc.
would make it a proper choice for kit builds while keeping it just as good for elixir builds.

Would this be the way it balances with all the elixir traits? Running traited elixir builds makes H prosper from the traits but not dish out as many boons, while running a kit build without elixir traits gives extra boons?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

allways get 5 seconds of protection with elixir h and toss elixir h yes please

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Elixir h is still okay imo. 25 seconds untraited and 20 sec traited cd isnt so bad, heals decently and at least gives a boon. But I agree it would be awesome if it always gave one certain boon plus one random other.

As for the worst healing skill that title belongs to AED, horribly long cd, situational and no extra effects.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think the problem is that it’s not consistent. Two of three buffs help you avoid damage (Protection and Swiftness), one helps you recover from it.

Maybe swap Regeneration with Vigor?

That way you get healing + a boon which helps avoid further damage.

(edit)
And I agree with Penguin, it’s actually quite ok, but you need some Elixir traits and/or boon duration to capitalize on it, ofc (this is like having lots of finishers and not using Healing Turret, ofc it’s going to be the best if you can capitalize on it’s specific effect).
AED otoh… and I really want to like it, the idea is amazing. But it needs to be instant to make up for it’s long CD, and have a more defensively useful toolbelt skill.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I would like the skill if it gives you protection every time. With the random stuff, high CD I have to take 2 trait it to make it useful or 3 to get HGH.

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I think Elixir H is pretty decent. With traits it can become quite good, especially in an HGH build.

However… why swiftness? This is the worst option for Elixir H to get as a healing skill. Engineers already have permanent swiftness from Speedy Kits, Infused Precision, and Elixir B + Med kit in boon builds. Engineers can also opt for power shoes for a permanent 25% movement increase. To that end, getting swiftness from Elixir H effectively means getting nothing.

Protection isn’t bad, since it takes away 33% of direct damage for 5 seconds, or 6.5 with 30 in Alchemy. Regen isn’t bad, since it is an additional 1300 heal (1690 with 30 in alchemy). That puts Elixir S at a 7k heal on a 20 second recharge when traited, which is respectable. But swiftness… swiftness is useless!

If anything, Elixir H should work exactly like Toss Elixir H, and give you vigor, regen, or protection. Or, more ideally, it should always give one option, and possibly give one of the other two.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Just removing Swiftness from the Random Boon list to normalize the boons a bit would be enough.

Although replacing Swiftness with Vigor would be my belated Christmas wish list.

The Toss is weak as well, either lower the CD a bit or normalize the Boons.

As for the toss, my dream change would be to have toss Elixir H always grant swiftness in addition to another random boon. This would help bring Swiftness to other slower teammates allowing for more group support. While bringing this Toss Elixir H up to par with the very useful Toss Elixir B and Toss Elixir S which are arguably the 2 most useful tosses in the game.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

(edited by Wolf.5816)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zatori.4251

Zatori.4251

If Invigorating Speed was first minor trait in Alchemy Tree, would see Swiftness agreeable.