Elixir X = Clockwork Monster?

in Engineer

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

I was just thinking that it’s a bit weak that our Elite forms for Elixir X are stolen from other classes.

How about if we turned into something like one of Scarlet’s clockwork monstrosities instead? That would be cool and unique and Engineer-y. Anet could even justify it as part of the living story somehow.

Kitten of Rall

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I think this is a great idea.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I do not understand why it need a form to it anyway. Personally I would rather see it give a buff, as most elixirs do and be similar to rampage as one, signet of rage, or something along those lines.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

I really don’t care for the complete random nature of elixir X. I love both skills…but don’t really care for not knowing which one I’ll get. Because of this, I typically leave it on the shelf like (I would guess) most other engineers.

I agree though, a ton of boons would be more up our alley. give us 15-20s of stability, hell yeah i’d use it.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

I personally would love a super boon elixir. Definitely would love a stun break as we have so few good ones already in most builds. Maybe break stun, gain all boons and then an added effect just to really make it elite like say 5 seconds of immunity to conditions or maybe make it a party buff elixir that has an AoE around you and just grants all boons to up to 5 people for like 10-15 seconds.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I think they should change the tornado to necro plague form since that way it would function well in both power or condition builds and would atleast function very well in a hybrid build

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I think this topic comes up every 2 weeks and never really has to do with how stupid good elixir X is in power & hybrid builds and more to do with those who simply never really use it. Fine exactly as it is.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

I think this topic comes up every 2 weeks and never really has to do with how stupid good elixir X is in power & hybrid builds and more to do with those who simply never really use it. Fine exactly as it is.

Those threads are usually about how Elixir X sucks and should be replaced with something completely different, as per several posters here. This was not supposed to be one of those. I use Elixir X a fair bit myself in WvW, and find it quite effective with a high vitality and toughness build, particularly if you hold multiple people off for a bit.

What I’m talking about is the cosmetics. I think it would be cooler and more in theme if it allowed me to turn into a clockwork monster and send people flying with spinning arms or pelt them with plasma bolts rather than some amorphous whirlwind throwing rocks.

Kitten of Rall

in Engineer

Posted by: Kepow.1038

Kepow.1038

I actually think Elixir X very engineer-y, since we can reproduce some hocus pocus results from other classes with SCIENCE!
(Thinking of elixirs more as carefully researched and developed chemicals instead of magical potions)

I mean, by studying how elementarists can turn themselves in tornadoes, we can do it better than them! (shorter cooldown, same for the other possible elites)
The RNG is kinda lame, though, but I guess we have to live with that, Elixir X rocks.

[Tarnished Coast]
El KepĆ³n – Sylvari Elementarist
Herr Kepow – Norn Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I always thought it would be cool to turn in to a giant ooze. Become the elixir!