Elixir X - Things that need to change.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zahdane.4029

Zahdane.4029

I’ve been testing Elixir X lately and I believe it needs some tweeks in order for it to be chosen over Supply Crate.

1. Remove the 2nd cast bar upon transformation.
2. Make auto-attack settings save. Each time we transform we have to set auto-attacks on a time sensitive ability.
3. Make sigils work with this and weapon stats – when you fix sigils and weapon stats with our other kits.
4. 95% of the time you transform into the Juggernaut form – is this intentional?
5. All of our skills are disabled when we us this form. Which means to me whatever we transform to should be able to at least be marginally comparable to all of our skills combined.
This is not the case. I suggest giving the same effect as the 6 Lyssa Rune Bonus: All Boons when we transform.
6. Give us our heal ability back. This elite is nowhere good enough to opt out of our heal skill for 20+ seconds while turning us into a melee class in the process. We’re already painting a huge target on ourselves – we need more survivability.
That or give us a strong regen.
7. Smash (Juggernaut 1 ability) should be a 3 target frontal cone attack. Like every other melee ability in the game.
8. Make Elite Supplies actually work with Elixir X.

With all of these changes I think the elixir could be pretty fun.

Zahzah – Stormbluff Isle
Asura Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Imo thye should take a bunch of points from your list, but also completely redo Elixir X. Its still a random crapshoot and nothing but a cheap uninspired knock-off.

Transform us into a mutated abomination, with its own skills and effects. Reliable, unique and in line with the idea of mad alchemist using crazy concoctions.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Transform us into something fitting an engineer I would say.
Be it a some ‘robot’ or some rampaging tank.
Or that abomination from a mad scientist… just do something fitting.

My own favourite:
Make it a one man band where every instrument and jingle does something… Silly as it goes, fun is a factor for this profession.

Very important: never ever remove the stability from it, currently that’s one of the main reasons it’s even remotely usefull!

Just get rid of the copy paste.

I agree on the points in the list.
The cast bar moslty is what makes it impossible to get it out at all.
Personally I need elixir S slotted or traited at 25% just to be able to do the double casting of elixir X.

Point 6: On the heal: give the transformation it’s own heal. That way the dev’s can pick a heal that fits wihtout having to balance all possible heals (like how do you balance med kit with it).

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

The only thing I like about Elixir X is it’s relatively short cooldown. Overall it’s the laziest designed ability in the game. It should really be it’s own, non-random (it’s an elite kitten , transform.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

The stability alone makes it worth considering.

But it need swork… loads of work.

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Transform us into something fitting an engineer I would say.
Be it a some ‘robot’ or some rampaging tank.
Or that abomination from a mad scientist… just do something fitting.

My own favourite:
Make it a one man band where every instrument and jingle does something… Silly as it goes, fun is a factor for this profession.

Very important: never ever remove the stability from it, currently that’s one of the main reasons it’s even remotely usefull!

Just get rid of the copy paste.

I agree on the points in the list.
The cast bar moslty is what makes it impossible to get it out at all.
Personally I need elixir S slotted or traited at 25% just to be able to do the double casting of elixir X.

Point 6: On the heal: give the transformation it’s own heal. That way the dev’s can pick a heal that fits wihtout having to balance all possible heals (like how do you balance med kit with it).

Drinking some experimental liquid that brings unknown effects and potentially transform you into a hulk is what I’d consider engineery… Mad, wicked and gimmicky to the point where you no longer care of the experiment succeeds or you die in the process.

Only reason i love engineer is because I get transformed into a hulk. HULK SMASH!!!
I just wish I was green… Better get some of that hylek juice that turns you green and use this ability. >_>

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

What’s engineery and what’s not, is open for interpretation.

I could live with a more mad professor approach in the lines of elixirs, but just as well with a more mechanical or gadget approach, or an explosives approach.

Seeing as it’s called ‘elixir’ X it might as well go further in that direction, I don’t mind.
As long as they do something with it, just ‘something’.
Anything worthy of the label ‘engineer’ elite skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Honestly most of these changes your asking should be redirected to the warrior forum. Elixer-X is not a “i drink something and turn into the hulk” its “i drink something and copy another professions elite” its a copy cat ability (most likely due to lazy design because they didnt have to think up anything new or create another animation). I think it would be 100x cooler if it was player targetted and you would do a different elite depending on what profession you were targeted on. (and in pve you could keep its stupid random mechanic). doubt that will ever happen though.

As for rampage i am pretty sure its considered crappy by warriors as well. As for tornado and plague and whirlpool. i think necros/elementalists are fond of those abilitys to some degree so dont really need changed too much. (though i rarely see elementalists tornado)