Elixir X Traits

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So i have decided that i want to give Elixir X a chance, having been disappointed in it in the past and i was wondering what traits actually affect it and what would be the better traits to take along with it to buff it up as much as possible

So far, as far as i can tell -

Elite Suuplies – Works (duh lol)
Fast Acting Elixir – Works

Wandering about Cleaning Formula 409 and HGH, Potent Elixir seems to not work with it which is a real shame though

What would be a better/strong kind of build to take it with?

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

it works for any power build really. i use it when i go hgh power grenades because i’m taking elixir traits anyway. i don’t recommend the inventions tree.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I am currently 20 in Inventions, for the toughness, Healing (every little helps) and the Elite Supplies as i currently run with Supply Crate

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I use Elite Supplies, Fast Acting Elixirs, HGH, and 409 with Elixir X.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Something else that annoys me the traits for Elixir only affect certain ones, examples of ones not affected being the EG skills Acid Bomb and super Elixir BOTH state they are “Elixir” skills yet are not affected by ANY Elixir traits….

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

i do’nt recommend traiting just for the elite. you put 10 points in there to get an extra rifle turret and 3 bandages every 180 seconds or 3 seconds on your elixir x every 90 seconds over traiting for something like elixirs and getting the benefits on a much much shorter cd.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

i do’nt recommend traiting just for the elite. you put 10 points in there to get an extra rifle turret and 3 bandages every 180 seconds or 3 seconds on your elixir x every 90 seconds over traiting for something like elixirs and getting the benefits on a much much shorter cd.

Of course i wouldnt trait ONLY for it, More curious as to what traits work with it so i can decide what ones i could easily get into my current build, though i am already using the cool down reduction trait and the elite buffing trait.

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

what i meant was taking the elite supplies trait which involves spending trait points to buff skills that have extremely long cooldowns.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodigee.7139

Rodigee.7139

Potent elixirs works. It just doesn’t change the tooltip. However, the duration bonuses from potent elixirs and elite supplies don’t stack.

Paris – Maguuma

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Potent elixirs works. It just doesn’t change the tooltip. However, the duration bonuses from potent elixirs and elite supplies don’t stack.

Elite Supplies is 3 seconds Tornado and 5 seconds for Rampage as far as i am aware. Tornado is 15 seconds base, so both are equal at 3 seconds and Rampage is 20seconds basic so Potent Elixirs is WORSE in that case giving 4 seconds versus the 5 from Elite Supplies.

So when its Elite Supplies > Potent Elixirs then. Kind of stupid that they cant stack that would make a Elixir X build pretty solid, 84(iirc) seconds when traited and duration would be 21second of Tornado and 29seconds of Rampage.

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

I recommend traiting just for the elite. My two kits and one gadget provide greater utility in my build than an all-elixir build. Elixir X every 84 seconds. And situationally I switch to Supply Crate, or Acidic Coating, Backpack Regen, without having to redo trait line points.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I recommend traiting just for the elite. My two kits and one gadget provide greater utility in my build than an all-elixir build. Elixir X every 84 seconds. And situationally I switch to Supply Crate, or Acidic Coating, Backpack Regen, without having to redo trait line points.

What traits do you take for it? Currently i am giving it a try and using the 20% cool down trait which is great and Elite Supplies so that it lasts longer as well.

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

See my earlier post about traits in the Alchemy line.

Chaba Tangnu

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

how many Elixir skills do you take? i currently have B and X so not sure if HGH – that gives 1 stack of might would be really worth it, does it work on weapon skills that say they are Elixir as well?

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

I would not spend 30 points into the alchemy tree for hgh if you only run elixirs b and x. hgh and 409 do not work with elixir gun elixirs.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

how many Elixir skills do you take? i currently have B and X so not sure if HGH – that gives 1 stack of might would be really worth it, does it work on weapon skills that say they are Elixir as well?

tool belt elixir skills (toss) grant 1 stack utility 2 stacks last 20 seconds at base. Elixir grants 2 just like any utility skill. Does not effect elixir gun skills at all. Wki. On a general note hgh builds generally try to maximize might duration using b and toss b (random) you get a might stack lasting 30 seconds. Using 20% x 3 might runes or 15% x 3 boon duration runes you are looking at 52.5-57 seconds of might off those skills and 35-38 seconds of might from hgh and sigil of battle. Either way you need short CD elixirs and toss elixirs to maximize your might gains so generally that’s H B & C.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

i don’t like elixir c in an hgh build because if you’re running an hgh build, you’re most likely running 409 as well. that’s plenty of condi removal already. i’d take s or r instead.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Elixir X Traits

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

i don’t like elixir c in an hgh build because if you’re running an hgh build, you’re most likely running 409 as well. that’s plenty of condi removal already. i’d take s or r instead.

Well if we are talking about getting the best out of it then you honesty would do more than I described but generally you can run just 2 (H and B ) and be ok. That being said R is not good CD is too long and not all that useful beside the toss. S is great but is is your escape button and wont factor into you might stacking plus the toss has a long CD. If you are about the might stacking and maximizing DPS it is still C Also if you carry C you can drop 409 and take potent elixirs (pushing your might stacking even further). But to each their own.

Personally I only run B and H and use my last slot for RB. However in a dungeon it would be best to use C instead and optimize your DPS.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)