Elixir X

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: fddcsjxk.2358

fddcsjxk.2358

So, a lot of people say that the Engineer only has one Elite skill (Supply Drop). Now, I understand the obvious shortcomings of Mortar. However, in my testing, Elixir X has been a very useful skill in sPvP. Both Brute and Tornado are able to send enemies flying all over creation. Both have stability, ensuring they can’t just be cc’d and ignored. So, for point offense, why not take X?

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

You answered yourself when you said its only for sPvP. In PvE its unreliable, because often brute is the better option so you have a 50% chance of wasting your time. Also stability in PvE = meh. In WvW, melee is next to useless.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: Odd View Sarvong.1098

Odd View Sarvong.1098

I used Elixir X for a little while in my soloing, but when I got Tornado I tended to groan with dissatisfaction. Supply Crate is at least guaranteed to benefit you in some way rather than waste time doing nothing but throw enemies around for minimal damage.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: fddcsjxk.2358

fddcsjxk.2358

Yeah, Tornado isn’t as good as Brute. I mostly play sPvP, so I guess it’s good to know that X is good for that. Mortar definitely needs work.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Same here :P
I really love the cc – escape abilities (Dash) of the Rampage , but when i try to escape and the Tornado pop up , i cry a little inside :P

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Aside the randomness of getting tornado, the main issue in spvp was the double cast bar.
Anyone remotely looking at you could interrupt it.

At least they fixed that, it’s easier to get going now.

Still I think it should be neither tornado nor rampage.
Start by removing the whole tornado thing, and leave the rampage. But…

Even if it has EXACTLY the same abilities as Rampage, it should be something engineer-like in design.

Make it a robot, make it a mad scientist… just don’t copy another profession!

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I hate to say it because I’m worried it will get the N-bat, but in wvw I slot X underwater

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

Aside the randomness of getting tornado, the main issue in spvp was the double cast bar.

Even if it has EXACTLY the same abilities as Rampage, it should be something engineer-like in design.

Nah, brute is fine. Imagine i turn to Mr Hyde or Hulk.

“You wont like me when i’m angry”

Tornado is what? Tasmanian Devil? hahaha T.T

Elixir X

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

both are simple copies of other professions… that’s what annoys me.
Not what I or you could ‘imagine’ it is.

An elite shouldn’t feel like a placeholder…

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Even without being traited for healing right now supply crate has saved my hide multiple times. (it takes ALOT more mobs to kill me now then it did glad they fixed healing)

When the X wears off is where the danger lies. While trying to take back temples for example you could find yourself normal and without a prayer of surviving the twenty or so mobs you just made mad by knocking them around with the tornado.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Elixir X

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Even without being traited for healing right now supply crate has saved my hide multiple times. (it takes ALOT more mobs to kill me now then it did glad they fixed healing)

When the X wears off is where the danger lies. While trying to take back temples for example you could find yourself normal and without a prayer of surviving the twenty or so mobs you just made mad by knocking them around with the tornado.

Elixir X doesn’t protect you with anything else but stability either.

I’ve been killed from range while being a rampaging slightly less small asura…
It’s one thing to be able to knockback and jump yourself, which of course is great. But when they outreach you, or simply come back… you have no protection.

Again here Supply Crate offers the better protection, which is odd when you think of it.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

That’s because you do not understand the purpose of the skill. Are you saying a robot isn’t similar to a warrior or asura’s golem suit or a mad scientist isn’t an ele or a necro? The Mr Hyde scenario actually makes sense because Jekyll is an intelligent chemist which is an GW engineer who became Hyde, a rampaging brute, after drinking his potion. The idea is to have a skill which says “Surprise, i’m a different kind of threat now. How are you going to deal with me” and the brute with its melee and stability charging at them fits the order because its the opposite of what most engineers will do.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

That’s because you do not understand the purpose of the skill. Are you saying a robot isn’t similar to a warrior or asura’s golem suit or a mad scientist isn’t an ele or a necro? The Mr Hyde scenario actually makes sense because Jekyll is an intelligent chemist which is an GW engineer who became Hyde, a rampaging brute, after drinking his potion. The idea is to have a skill which says “Surprise, i’m a different kind of threat now. How are you going to deal with me” and the brute with its melee and stability charging at them fits the order because its the opposite of what most engineers will do.

than we both don’t understand something…

There is a post of me in this very topic where I say the Rampage doesn’t even have to change in terms of skills.
So what are you on about?

I’m talking about the LOOK of it!
It’s a downright copy of another profession!

Even with the same skills it should be something unique for an engineer.
It’s an elite for crying out loud.
It should not look like a replacer skill where they used the ability from another profession for the time being.

Got it now?
Not complaining about Rampage itself.
It has it’s uses…

But give it an appearance and animation and look UNIQUE for the engineer.
That’s the least an elite skill can do.

Elixir X

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I still use elixir x when underwater, even after the massive nerf.
On land, i’ll only use it for fun.