Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

in Engineer

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Hi,

i wonder if this ability is working or not. i tested it a few times but if i got some condis on me, it wont removes them!

Even when i hit the whole ability.

Does it remove Condis from you or JUST for allies.

Ty for some Response!

Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

You mean fumigate? fumigate only removes condies on allies (not yourself) you also have to hit your allies with it in order to work.

Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

As already mentioned, it only removed conditions from the players you hit with, not yourself. Use Elixier Gun (short: EG) #5 to remove a condition on yourself, or when used in open world you normally trait into Alchemy instead of Explosives, where every Elixier skill will remove or even convert a condition, so EG #4 and it’s toolbelt will then also remove conditions from you AND your allies in the AoE.

About EG #3, Fumigate, there is something rather complicated but very important to know. Lemme try explaining it:

When you have no target selected, Fumigate will always aim straight forward, or if you hold right click, the direction you face. Now the tricky part:

If you have selected a target and stand still, your whole character will rotate to the target and then use Fumigate into that direction.
If you have selected a target and move while holding right click, you will notice that the upper body will still rotate to the target to use Fumigate. However this is only a visual effect on your screen and is not visible for other players, nor does it have an impact on the game. You will still face straight forward with Fumigate. Therefore you can easily turn softly away from your target to use Fumigate and hit your allies. Just try to ignore the visuals and look directly at your allies while holding your right mouse button and moving!

A similiar behavior occures on a few more skills you have, that may completly miss if you don’t face your target or stand still while performing the attack. Those skills are:

• Fumigate (Elixier Gun #3)
  • Flame Jet (Flamethrower #1)
  • Blowtorch (Pistol #4)

Greez!
- Ziggs Ironeye

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Now the great thing for PVP is that these attacks are not “reflected” or absorbed by anti projectile skills. And I believe they go through pesky things like solid walls, line of sight blocking pillars etc.

Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Additionally if you hold someone in the flame/gas cloud, there are numerous hits counted against the opponent. This can be quite useful when trying to proc crits for effects like rune of air etc. Or for passive adds like the firearms bleed chance on crits.

Engeneer Elixir Cannon 3

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Or to die to their retaliation… :_(

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks