Engi got only a new weapon. Nothing more

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

This is what i thought about scrapper from first introduction to now . Ok we had a good weapon and we got 5 useful traits such as :

1.) Recovery Matrix (Good for adept)

2.) Rapid Regeneration

3.) Expert Examination

4.) Mass Momentum (Meh)

5.) Adaptive Armor

And the sneak gyro … I was waiting for a really good class mechanic but … you know. Our dev was busy with druid . What do you think guys ? Am i wrong ? I really love playing engineer but our new class mechanic seems very slipshod.

Especially look at the reaper and chronomancer . You will understand what i meant

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Scrapper certainly stands up to its name by being a huge pile of scrap

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

Scrapper certainly stands up to its name by being a huge pile of scrap

Unfortunately yes … I really don’t want to be an annoying whiner but i don’t know what i should say for this specialization . As a main necro user , reaper satisfied me as graphically and mechanicly. But i can’t say the same thing about scrapper . Really sad for me

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in Engineer

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

idk, i have fun with the scrapper, although i dont use the gyros because as they are they arent useful, as they dont keep up with me and dont respond fast enough — and some of them are counter intuitive.

however, the hammers great, and the traits are good esp for pvp

in Engineer

Posted by: thatrobotguy.3690

thatrobotguy.3690

The function gyro could honestly be really really cool but instead it’s just there to look cute floating near your head, as it can only revive downed players and even then not very well

in Engineer

Posted by: Adam.3716

Adam.3716

Warrior would like to have a word with you. At least your specialization is moderately original. Guardian traits don’t even synergies with the core traits at all. Just be happy you got something that works.

in Engineer

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

I’m not pessimistic but we had just a new weapon and trait but not new mechanic like druids for example or the others…

in Engineer

Posted by: Solek.3267

Solek.3267

To be perfectly honest, the Function Gyro has it’s use. It seems to rez people really, and I mean, REALLY, fast. Like 1.5k HP per tick, while in combat.

It can easily get someone up in about a sec, even when they are near death. Didn’t try to stomp with it yet, tho.

Medic Gyro ain’t so bad, with the 20 sec cooldown, it’s a nice self heal (around 4.5k without +heal on cast), which can heal over time, doesn’t die instantly with the minion change, is pretty much instant cast AND can be cast while CC’d, combined with Rocket charge for 3 healing leap and Orbital Strike for two AOE Heal. Only thing which would make HT better still is the condi removal.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

I’m not pessimistic but we had just a new weapon and trait but not new mechanic like druids for example or the others…

we got FUnction Gyro!!

seriously da fug

in Engineer

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Function gyro it´s just a joke not a real change…

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Warrior would like to have a word with you. At least your specialization is moderately original. Guardian traits don’t even synergies with the core traits at all. Just be happy you got something that works.

There isn’t nearly as much synergy with the core proffesion as most people thing. Engineer don’t have much daze or stun, we have more knockback and launch. Yet we got 2 traits that only does things with stuns and dazes (Impact savant & Expert Examination).

Core engineer only have access to 1 lightning field for Shocking Speed, and that is tornado (aka 50% chance when activating a long cooldown elite). Talking about Shocking Speed, we only have 1 leap finisher besides the hammer (rifle #4).

Not forgeting how weak Mass Momentum is without Juggernaut. Engineers weakness have always been the lack of stability, and here we have a trait that procs while you have stability.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I like the hammer so far (still has room for improvements, especially in skill 3).
The medic gyro is actually quite useful, especially since you have a mobile waterfield, guaranteeing finishers with hammer #3. I prefer it over healing turret in map-completion, where QoL goes over numeric performance for me.
Had no opportunity to test out sneak-gyro so far.

The traits are awesome for tanking, so have a solid spot for raiding & higher fractal-levels. And since mag forces you to toughen up, they’re also quite awesome for map-completion. In general they feel well rounded where you want to be tanky, and the bit of WvW frontlining I could do with my half-unlocked scrapper so far was actually quite amazing. Only had the toughness on heal one & mass-momentum equipped & still were wrecking focus parties that jumped me with thunderclap + rocketcharge.

All in all I like the elite-spec so far, and it definitively feels something I will run quite often. Unless I go condi. It sucks for condi.

Anyways, about gyros:
Even tho the function gyro is a useless piece of scrap, it showed us something very important: It appears to be no biggy to tidally lock the animations of gyros on our character. And even tho it was just its idle-animation, this is exactly what I want other gyros to be…

gonna make a post about this idea in a seperate thread.
Appart from gyros (including the class-mechanic): good work irenio. Still needs some improvements, but I can see it in a solid spot already.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.