Engi grenade needs rework after mortar

in Engineer

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

Hello, i’m currently maining engineer and i expect it to continue that way.
The truth is that i’ve never been a fan of the ground targeting grenade kit so i tend to avoid it. Though i would prefer if the mortar basic attack was targeted as well i can see why it makes sense to have 5 identical abilities all ground targeted as the field are huge so i don’t mind the clicking, but after the mortar kit replaced the old long range grenade kit it seems to me that the grenade kit kinda lost its purpose and the ground targeting to be necessary.

I think it would be cool if the grenade kit were remade into something more diverse, where the skills differed from one another. I’ve played several other MMORPGs where the aiming part were essential (e. g. terra online and wildstar) but i’ve always found the auto attack on 1 skills a very neat feature.

Furthermore i was kinda hoping to swap out my rifle in HoT and since i highly doubt that engineer will have a secondary weapon set added like other classes, i could see the grenades fill that gap for me, though it’ll be full on melee (if hammer) if the ranged choice is between the annoying spam click ground targeting kit and a elixir gun. Am i the only one on this or do you happen to be best pals with the grenade kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Cryptical.6572

Cryptical.6572

If you main engineer, you should’ve known that you can change the ground targeting option to fast with range indicator. Always check out the options for new wonders. Recently, they added lock ground target at maximum range which is also a nice thing to have.

in Engineer

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Engineers have 5 utility skills in 4 types instead 4 skills in 5 types like all the other professions.

I think that should change, making their skills more streamlined to the rest of professions.

And this could be a good opportunity, not that Mortar has taken the role of “ranged explosions”, and bombs have the melee explosions, to change Grenade kit into something else.

I say just scrap grenades altogether, turn them into another type of skill, just keep the toolbelt grenade barrage skill.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

First off you should probably have this in the engineer sub section as that community is small but opinionated so, you will get some straight answers by long time players.

This has been brought up repeatedly in the last nearly 3 years. AA on nades has been a controversial (sort of) topic. I doubt the skill will change much after this long. Most players have accepted it. Many players with gaming mice just put AA on a mouse key to make things simple.

Mortar may replace nades as a long range kit but nades were never that effective long range any way. You see the nades have spread so the projectiles are less accurate the farther you are from the target. Nades have been mostly a mid range kit in practical use for a long time. So, it really wasn’t replaced because nades still have their use.

As far as unique goes you are right they are roughly the same skills with a caveat or two. First, that nades have bleed on 2 but mortar has a water field on 5. Second, nades no long have fields and those went to mortar kit. For what nades are as a DPS kit (not utility) this is actual a bonus for dungeons and general PvE. Not having fields allows for better might stacking, healing, etc. without letting your DPS kit (nades in this case) get in the way.

Nades really do not need diversity. since it is out straight DPS kit. We have so much utility already that the DPS kit really shouldn’t have much beside DPS on it. We use to to stack vulnerability primarily.

The main thing that messes with not having ground targeting is projectile speed. Even with the velocity trait if you do not have a keen skill for leading in PvP (PvE in some cases too) you will never hit with the kit. While it may be annoying you get one of the best AoE AA in the game for it. If you go under water and use nades’ AA where it is a true auto attack see how many of your nades actually hit. Unless they brought up the speed significantly (which they won’t nades would be undodgeable) an AA that actually auto attack would be a nerf to Engi overall.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

If you main engineer, you should’ve known that you can change the ground targeting option to fast with range indicator. Always check out the options for new wonders. Recently, they added lock ground target at maximum range which is also a nice thing to have.

Trust me, i have had no indicator for 2 years or so and even with the ground lock i still find it annoying. Though i still prefer to use rifle over a click macro tbh.