Engi need changes

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Quinda.5281

Quinda.5281

I have tested engi in every possible gears and builds that seem to Be worth testing, here is the conclusion.

In WVW zerging i feel the class is useless, I just think for everything engi can do, other classes can do it far Better.

Engi can be Very nice for roaming Solo or in a party of buddys.

In good GVG the engi is unwanted.

In SPvp i Don’t see engis in top teams and that probably is for the same reason, other classes do it Better. I heard engi can be ok in solo queue but that is using a decap build and pushing/knocking back Players.

In PVE engi can be ok using bomb builds cause the damage is massive when Players stacks into corners.

Legendary weapons on engi: if we manage to get one, it stays mainly hidden since most of time we Are using a kit, my opignion is, atleast the aura and footsteps should show when using a kit, tho many engineers has chosen to make the shield(it doesnt have an aura nor the footprints of a legendary weap)

Engi as my main i need to mention THE hobosack.

Sorry for the grammar. Engi needs love imo gl hf

(edited by Quinda.5281)

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Quinda.5281

And engi is verymuch not op, if You say that You havent realy played the class
to get out of grenade rain or stand in bombs that are being dropped at you

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Nice opposition-defuser. I guess I can’t possibly disagree with you, because I apparently haven’t played the class.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

engi legendaries are like a guardian with juggernaut and not bifrost, half the time you never see the juggernaut cuz that kitten camps staff

except we dont have the option of getting legendary kits

troll food

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Quinda.5281

Nice opposition-defuser. I guess I can’t possibly disagree with you, because I apparently haven’t played the class.

i Feel You, Still engi is not op, mostly ment for newer Players that run behind You eating All u throw at em and Then they shout and whisper saying how overpowered the engi is. Engi is ok 1v1

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Being able to stack every condition ever at 1500 range from the total safety of the back of a zerg isn’t OP?

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Add time between throwing grenades and them, reaching it’s goal. No, it’s not op.
Engineer was made more for roaming I believe. One engineer with a thief wiped 4-men squad of roamers. I was there.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Quinda.5281

Being able to stack every condition ever at 1500 range from the total safety of the back of a zerg isn’t OP?

Retalation kills You if You spam nades into a zerg.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Heal yourself.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I kept reading how OK Engi is at stuff. Sounds good.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Quinda.5281

The fact is you Don’t See the Class in top Tournament PVP teams, best guild v guild fights, and rarely in zerg v zerg (Other than troll around being useless) tells alot of the state of engi.

In dueling and roaming its has about the same potential as Other classes (considering Every Class has hard counters).

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

No, not in the least. Considering the consistent use of AoE skills that cleanse, they are underpowered. Now if we are focusing on direct damage from range, it is another discussion all together, but to suggest conditions in a large group battle of any kind are anything near OP doesn’t make much sense to those who regularly experience those battles.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The fact is you Don’t See the Class in top Tournament PVP teams, best guild v guild fights, and rarely in zerg v zerg (Other than troll around being useless) tells alot of the state of engi.

In dueling and roaming its has about the same potential as Other classes (considering Every Class has hard counters).

I’m not sure you understand what a fact is.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Hearing DnT discuss WvW/sPvP is always a good chuckle.

Give the class to a player that’s good with it and the Engineer does very well in every aspect of this game. /thread

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

All things engineers need (in my humble opinion) is a fix to the kit backpack issues (the hobosack topic is prove enough for that) , some serios buffs to the flamethrower to make it an effective short range weapon kit rather then a joke, a little bit more condi removal, one or two melee weapon options and the ability to select the toolbelt abilities independent from the skills. Dunno if the last opinion i got could be considered op, but it would allow a lot more creative builds for sure.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

’Ello frands! Vee Wee here retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

This is a thilly thread! Engis are great! Especially at everything! PvP! PvE! WvW! We can do it all! And this is coming from Vee Wee, #1 PvE, WvW, and retired #1 PvP Engi NA so you know it’s reliable info! Engis don’t need any changes!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Engi in PVE is definitely NOT on par with the rest of the classes it is in a good spot but it’s still heavily limited, turrets still weaksauce, healing options not on par with other classes in traits, the usefulness of gadgets to bring them up to the usefulness of summoned weapons for example still not there even with the traits.

One of the major problems I’m finding is the tiny size of the explosions we use, my 2 hander has a wider swing than my bomb kits even when traited and the new bunker down trait is just as terribly small the enemies have to be right on top of me literally which has been the problem with the mines from traits and from gadgets all along in PVE but no one’s addressed them properly. Same old story imo.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Engi need changes

in Engineer

ArrDee.2573

’Ello frands! Vee Wee over here retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

That’s not very fair my frand tigirius! You are taking all the bad parts about Engineers, like the new useless grandmaster trauts and utilities, and using that as an argument that Engineers aren’t thuper awesome in PvE! I could say the same thing about Warriors! Well golly gee whiz Warrior physical utilities like Kick and Stomp are just thuper underwhelming! I bet they are just terrible at PvE! But we know that isn’t true you thilly bear you! Next time try to list the positive things about Engineer like how we can have crazy amounts of survivability, damage, support, and utility all in one build!

Hope that helped! Wahooo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Engi in PVE is definitely NOT on par with the rest of the classes it is in a good spot but it’s still heavily limited, turrets still weaksauce, healing options not on par with other classes in traits, the usefulness of gadgets to bring them up to the usefulness of summoned weapons for example still not there even with the traits.

One of the major problems I’m finding is the tiny size of the explosions we use, my 2 hander has a wider swing than my bomb kits even when traited and the new bunker down trait is just as terribly small the enemies have to be right on top of me literally which has been the problem with the mines from traits and from gadgets all along in PVE but no one’s addressed them properly. Same old story imo.

You realize the bomb radius is WAY bigger than the melee cleave radius? They just have a small auto-attack range so you have to press the butotn manually. You have to do that to connect with a melee auto at max range too though.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Heal yourself.

Let’s establish some credibility. Do us all a favor and screenshot your WvW rank for us.

Engineer is pretty terrible in WvW zergs at the moment. I haven’t ran the class there in months. There’s nothing it offers that I can’t do better on my necro, warrior, ele, or guardian.

For roaming we’re still pretty good, but if I want 1v1s, I’ll do sPvP.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Engi need changes

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Heal yourself.

Let’s establish some credibility. Do us all a favor and screenshot your WvW rank for us.

Engineer is pretty terrible in WvW zergs at the moment. I haven’t ran the class there in months. There’s nothing it offers that I can’t do better on my necro, warrior, ele, or guardian.

i do what i want in wvw, which means zerging when i feel like it. when i zerg, i play back line grenadier.

only guild groups stack retal.

the best thing you can possibly do is throw poison nades when the commander starts saying “bomb on me”. it wins fights.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Quinda.5281

Heal yourself.

i do what i want in wvw, which means zerging when i feel like it. when i zerg, i play back line grenadier.

the best thing you can possibly do is throw poison nades when the commander starts saying “bomb on me”. it wins fights.

There is so Much condi removal and retalation in those fights that When geared to rabid\dire Your condis have too Small effect to justify Them being worth using IMO and the more dps geared You Are, the faster reta takes You.

Renewing flamethrower and traits to it COULD be the key to give us a purpose in gvg\zergVzerg.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Heal yourself.

There is so Much condi removal and retalation in those fights that When geared to rabid\dire Your condis have too Small effect to justify Them being worth using IMO and the more dps geared You Are, the faster reta takes You.

Renewing flamethrower and traits to it COULD be the key to give us a purpose in gvg\zergVzerg.

youre really gonna try to tell me that flamethrower is good for spamming 1?

no

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Engineer is the most powerful range class. Nothing hits harder then grenades. I have the same opinion as Guanglay: retal is onyl a problem for bad engineers or in really rare situations. Backline has only poor stacks of retal and should anyway be your primar target. Also stopping greandes for a few seconds is always an option. You are still more useful attacking half the time with zerker grenades then using FT or healing bombs.

Vee Wee recommends this build for Zergs:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUp+qlcxELseNybBNyucGRWxh85AE0hC-T1hFABAcBAMS5HDPAgR2f4MdADq+TVKBJFAMDjA-w

(Source: http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis)

I used this for awhile now and it is awesome: crazy damage on Zerg with very good surviveability through Power Wrench and Potent Elixirs. 6 sec of Stealth which recharge below 25% health and 3 sec block every 16 sec is preaty awesome.

Imo Necro is behind engineer regarding range dps. Any class is behind. Retal is a counter, yes. But just be careful and you won’t get killed by it. In 100 Zerg fights I get killed maybe once by retal. That’s fine.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Engineer is the most powerful range class. Nothing hits harder then grenades.

Uh, staff ele says hello.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Engi need changes

in Engineer

ArrDee.2573

I’m glad you like my zerg build my frand Forestnator! I think Potent Elixirs was a misclick on my part though! I use Protection Injection or Backpack Regenerator during WvW zergplay! But builds aren’t set in stone! If you like Potent Elixirs, keep on using it! There are definitely upsides to that trait just like you said! In any case, thanks for pointing out the typo in my build list! I have updated it!

Wahooo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

I’m glad you like my zerg build my frand Forestnator! I think Potent Elixirs was a misclick on my part though! I use Protection Injection or Backpack Regenerator during WvW zergplay! But builds aren’t set in stone! If you like Potent Elixirs, keep on using it! There are definitely upsides to that trait just like you said! In any case, thanks for pointing out the typo in my build list! I have updated it!

Wahooo! Bye frands!

*Triplefacepalm. I was here!

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Wahooo! Bye frands!

I was about to hate you because you always start with “#1 engi NA” and bla bla, but your build is exactly the same as mine grenade build wit ha few tips!!!

I just use rocketboots/eg ussually instead of elixir S, but it’s individual i think and aswell i use backpack regen or prot inject depends on enemy size.

p/s, but i must agree that riffle works good aswell.

mango pie+backpack regen +rocket boots or EG ussually again huge blobs to cover the retal while running arround and spamming nades.

everything else is the same.

still I found engis better in melee/mid range in zerg.

cheers.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Engineer is the most powerful range class. Nothing hits harder then grenades.

Uh, staff ele says hello.

Grenade isn’t even that strong at range by itself, grenades only account for like two-thirds of the engineer’s total DPS if I recall correctly. I think guardian with scepter hits harder than pure grenades.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I dunno. As a JQ commander, I like to run bomb kit. Personally I prefer the harder hitting, in your face, bomb kit play, over the mediocre damage of grenades at longe range. It all comes down to personal preference though.

As a profession though, we can solo camps as easily as anyone, duel roamers, with the same build, and support or lead a zerg as well or better then any profession.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Chiorix.5361

Chiorix.5361

I’ve played engineer since beta… though, that isn’t to say I’ve played it well.
I actually only use kits slightly less than 1/2 of the time, usually to stack extra conditions or to change combat styles. I use rifle most of the time. (So, if I were to make The Predator, you’d at least see it on me a lot.)

It is definitely true that engineer is not elite at anything, but I find they’re decent at everything. On top of that, they’re a ton of fun to play. Those are the redeeming qualities.

But as I strive for better performance and dependability as a player, I’ve almost completely abandoned my once-favorite profession.

They definitely need some love, and more in the area (in my opinion) of base weapons rather than kits.

Until then, my engineer will remain my explorer, because they’re still pretty good for solo-running around maps.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

I use rifle most of the time. (So, if I were to make The Predator, you’d at least see it on me a lot.)

i run a 2 kit build with my primary dps coming from nades and there is never a question in any persons mind about what rifle i have thanks to the burning aura from predator

Engi need changes

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

You realize the bomb radius is WAY bigger than the melee cleave radius? They just have a small auto-attack range so you have to press the butotn manually. You have to do that to connect with a melee auto at max range too though.

Actually no i don’t because I play both and I can see visually how they are different. I play a guard, a ranger, and a thief all with swords/gs and guess what, it’s not on par.

Neither is the condition removal capabilities or the cooldowns on the summons timers. I pickup a turret and I expect the timer to be no longer than a spirit cooldown of 20 seconds, these things aren’t instakill machines in PVE and usually don’t last long enough to do much.

It’s like the condition removal overload, it takes 15 seconds between overloads that we manually have to press where my ranger has not one but two 10 second removal systems that he doesn’t even have to think about.

And don’t get me started on the mines that enemies can to the macarena on and never setoff making bunker down a bit less than useless in PVE doesn’t matter the size either, and these things push mobs back too which doesn’t help with the placement of the next one. I literally stood below a giant with my bomb kit once, think he setoff all of the mines I was placing with Bunker Down? nope.

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I dunno. As a JQ commander, I like to run bomb kit. Personally I prefer the harder hitting, in your face, bomb kit play, over the mediocre damage of grenades at longe range. It all comes down to personal preference though.

As a profession though, we can solo camps as easily as anyone, duel roamers, with the same build, and support or lead a zerg as well or better then any profession.

We have a pretty amazing Engie commander that tags for our BL sometimes, and he typically uses a static discharge build, and is highly competent with it. This doesn’t mean that in an organized 10v10 it would be an optimal build, because when it comes down to it, once you hit 10 people per side, things like conditions matter less, and consistent stuns vs. stability is the way most fights are won, outside of ganking backliners and clever positioning.

You can play how you like, and command how you like, but video after video of high-level, organized gvg shows a very significant lack of engineers. I am not saying that you or VeeWee (credentials go here) are wrong at all, I am just saying that as you move from pug militias to organized and limited team size fights, a GWEN will outshine an Engineer, typically.

That being said, I would LIKE to organize a 10 man engie ONLY squad for some gvg action, if there were only someplace we could all congregate and face off against another group. We would get nerfed within a week, though.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

(edited by lunyboy.8672)

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Fragment.2793

Fragment.2793

“In WVW zerging i feel the class is useless, I just think for everything engi can do, other classes can do it far Better.”
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Engineer has the highest skill floor and ceiling in the game, if you cant play it effectively, then you probably just need more practice. Hence they are underplayed.
I would consider this a plus, as it means in deadlock fights, making maximum use of everything at your disposal can break the stalemate and make your team victorious when having another class would’ve been too predictable.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

“In WVW zerging i feel the class is useless, I just think for everything engi can do, other classes can do it far Better.”
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Engineer has the highest skill floor and ceiling in the game, if you cant play it effectively, then you probably just need more practice. Hence they are underplayed.
I would consider this a plus, as it means in deadlock fights, making maximum use of everything at your disposal can break the stalemate and make your team victorious when having another class would’ve been too predictable.

Actually no that’s not the case. This game has nerfed this class to death, while they have yet to fix any of the real issues with it. We’ve seriously seen more nerfs than any other class, there are more things wrong with the class inconsistencies that have not been addressed in 2 years that need to be. AOE fields missing, traits missing, AOE fields being too small compared to other classes, problems with skills being so weak it’s laughable, problems with traits not offering the same standards of access to both boons and damage output options. I’ve cataloged alot of it over the time I’ve played this game, now all we need is their ear even for a short time.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Actually no i don’t because I play both and I can see visually how they are different. I play a guard, a ranger, and a thief all with swords/gs and guess what, it’s not on par.

Neither is the condition removal capabilities or the cooldowns on the summons timers. I pickup a turret and I expect the timer to be no longer than a spirit cooldown of 20 seconds, these things aren’t instakill machines in PVE and usually don’t last long enough to do much.

It’s like the condition removal overload, it takes 15 seconds between overloads that we manually have to press where my ranger has not one but two 10 second removal systems that he doesn’t even have to think about.

And don’t get me started on the mines that enemies can to the macarena on and never setoff making bunker down a bit less than useless in PVE doesn’t matter the size either, and these things push mobs back too which doesn’t help with the placement of the next one. I literally stood below a giant with my bomb kit once, think he setoff all of the mines I was placing with Bunker Down? nope.

“I think warrior cleave is bigger cause i looked at it and it looks that way” is not an objective comparison by any means.

Moreover Bunker Down will explode if you space it right, stop complaining about stuff if you’re not even gonna try to use it properly.

Engi need changes

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Engineer is wholly viable in sPvP and tPvP, I use a condition build unlike the influx of new engineers and I do it extremely well. The top teams don’t take an engineer because of the desire for power oriented specs or because they would rather have an ele, but an engineer can handle himself decently still.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs