Engi's targeting engi's.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Does anyone else notice this? I seem to get focused by other engi’s all the time in spvp. I have noticed it with other engi’s (including myself). Kinda ironic that we are one of the closer knit communities on these forums.

I imagine (what I am telling myself) that with the current meta engi’s are the easiest class to focus. Rangers have endless evades, guards don’t die easily, wars definitely don’t die easily, necs can soak dmg for days, mesmers and thieves have constant teleports/ invis.

That leaves ele’s and engie’s as the “best” targets. Out of the two i’d say engie’s are the better option.

Am I crazy or do we all deliberately target each other? ;p

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I find it’s easiest to kill an Engineer as an Engineer. Go figure?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Ha its not the first time ive seen this thread pop up here but yea targeting an engineer first is easier since you know what to expect.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

I don’t buy that at all… we all know most of the ins and outs of other classes by this point. I especially don’t buy it because build diversity among engi’s is far and away above other classes. Do we even have a cookie cutter spec?

I find wars, guards, thieves, eh… spirit rangers lol; far more predictable than another engi’s… just more difficult to down.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

In WvW I literally always target another engi first. I know how much effect a good one can cause, and I know how to kill one better than most of my team-mates. kitten yes I target them first. I think its also a “i’m a better engi” haha

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Robert Andrews.7168

Robert Andrews.7168

In WvW I literally always target another engi first. I know how much effect a good one can cause, and I know how to kill one better than most of my team-mates. kitten yes I target them first. I think its also a “i’m a better engi” haha

Something along the lines of “My turret may look the same, but it’s barrel is 0.01mm longer than yours” ne?

I can see techies and geeks targeting each other first, bragging about their toys. Makes for good fun.

Oh for the love of little green tomatoes…

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aldjeron.1062

Aldjeron.1062

There can be only one

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It totally depends on the situation/group comp as far as who I go for first, I’m not a classist.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

as an engineer I always focus enemy engineers or elementalists first, part of this is because I know what we are capable of as a good engineer. the second is because everything else is REALLY hard to kill, thief+mes have infinite invis, guardians have ridiculous heals/condition clear, wariors have ridiculous condition clear and base health, necro has that extra 20k health from pressing f1 and they can just reapply conditions onto me using dagger 4.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

(edited by D best.3547)

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

I like to target the enemy engineer when I’m out roaming in WvW. I almost always fight 1vX and I like bullying their engi. Why? To prove I can, mostly. They’re not exactly the easiest per say, but they’re definitely the not the hardest.

Although, I might stop doing this, since I’ve been noticing a trend. Almost every engineer I fight nowadays (note that I don’t play nearly as often anymore) has rocket boots and uses them like a thief’s shadow refuge. Near 50% HP or below? About face & rocket boots to run away and reset. Not only is it annoying, it’s disappointing. Makes engineers look bad if you’re constantly running away, tbh. Learn to dodge better.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

I only play pvp (well 95% of the time). I focus enemy engi’s for one sole reason – the mere presence of a good engi can change a fight. This has nothing to do with proving myself better than them…I simply want them out of the fight. I know what they are capable of and I would much rather kill them than deal with the knock backs – this and healing turret is no joke.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

Irony :P "My Engineer kicks your engineer’s kitten " <_<" Is that a joke ?

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

I like to target the enemy engineer when I’m out roaming in WvW. I almost always fight 1vX and I like bullying their engi. Why? To prove I can, mostly. They’re not exactly the easiest per say, but they’re definitely the not the hardest.

Although, I might stop doing this, since I’ve been noticing a trend. Almost every engineer I fight nowadays (note that I don’t play nearly as often anymore) has rocket boots and uses them like a thief’s shadow refuge. Near 50% HP or below? About face & rocket boots to run away and reset. Not only is it annoying, it’s disappointing. Makes engineers look bad if you’re constantly running away, tbh. Learn to dodge better.

I’m guilty of taking rocket boots all the time…but that speed is so useful when chasing other classes trying to run away that are faster than you with their gap closers (openers?) and what not. It just so happens it can be used defensively too :P

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Condi spec is most popular and engi has pretty bad condi removal. Makes sense to target them first, easy kill but they can put out lots of damage if you leave them alone.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I can tell immediately if the engineer in the skirmish is skilled. If so I take him/her out first particularly because, being an Engineer I know how devastating it can be for my team if I let them go unchecked. Essentially I always terminate the maximum threat in any confirmation. After that I tend to the other oppositions.

It’s nothing personal in fact it should be a compliment to be killed first.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: daweed.6520

daweed.6520

Personally i see it as a “must do” especially on a 1vs1 situation.

a) I get to see what other engis are running on their utilities…and how they try to create a synergy with them. There is always something new to learn…even if it isn’t about to go on the “do’s” but on the “don’t’s” list.

b) I get to establish some idea of where i stand skills and build wise inside the engi profession.

c) I get to experience being on the defensive side of engi skills…Any defence tactics that i come up with, i can then keep in mind as options available to my opponents. That being said…i haven’t run into a mirror image of me -yet-.

RoS Eng/Guard/War/Thief/Mesm
" I don’t discriminate. I hate all of you equally…"

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

I started one of the first threads on this. It’s a lot of ego kittenwaving bullkitten. A LOT of players feel they have to constantly prove they’re better at their profession than others, so they cannibalize.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Engineers weak spots:

- CC
- immobilise
- slow downs
- posion
- blind
- confusion

Engineers strengths:

- CC
- immobilise
- slow downs
- posion
- blind
- confusion

We counter ourself very hard.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

I only focus other Engis cause they’re always focusing me! kitten OP class of good for nothings… oh wait.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

I only focus other Engis cause they’re always focusing me! kitten OP class of good for nothings… oh wait.

Always being annoying running away with slick shoes/rocket boots coming back just to unload conditions on you. Always pulling you, blocking your attacks, perma dodging, always carrying 25 stacks of might and combo’in on themselves. When will it stop? They must go down first T_T

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

Lol good to see this subject pop up again. It’s always fun discussion. There are a few reasons I target the other engi when I can but the biggest one for me is I’m curious about when he’s running and how good he is. People that main engi are kinda funny like that.

PvP only
Team GASM

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Engis in downstate is one of the most helpless classes so if you can get him down, its a free kill.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Engis in downstate is one of the most helpless classes so if you can get him down, its a free kill.

Better not kill this class xy because that down state is so OP? Cmon that’s definitly not a reason.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I always try to get into 1v1 with other engineers I meet.
Just to see what kind of build they´re running and what tricks they have up their sleeve.
Found so many interesting and fun engineer builds and fights this way

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I personally main engi and make sure to try to kill engis first (I out engied you :P) but really I know people in my guild who do the same with their profession (have a theif friend who loves to kill other thieves).

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Better not kill this class xy because that down state is so OP? Cmon that’s definitly not a reason.

Unless xy=Ranger. In which case it’s better to focus some other profession than to die trying to finish them in downed state for the third time.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

In a 1vX that’s a legit reason. Down the class that’s easiest to stomp first.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

I always got “bullied” in the battlefield, so I took a Boon Build-best bloody decision I took in Guild Wars 2 if I’m honest… Literally makes me a Guardian in terms of Tanking damage and creating distractions from those who purposely target Engis to reduce the Damage Intake, that’s also why I took on survivability (Vitality) and Outgoing Damage (Power for the Ranged Bursting). The only class you’d usually need to worry about is a DD Ele from all the Bursting & Up Close Condis as the Condi Removal won’t be top-notch unless you downgrade your Damage Output, making you a sponge for Damage Intake.

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: irma.3518

irma.3518

engineer is so bad against other good gear classes by good players at arena pvp and wvw. engineer cannot win against most of classes most of times. It is the truth ;and arenanet is still nerfing engineer at every patch and giving useless buffs ;but no nerfs to other classes and giving them good buffs at every patches !!! Is it fair ? The answer is " NO " !!!! THis thread opened 7 months ago ;and we still didn’t get any answers from arenanet to solve these major problems !!! they don2t care this game and engineer class at all !!! because of this more and more players are leaving gw2 !!!! I am sick of getting kill by other classes so easily even how much I effort at pvp !!! and the end game is too empty – nothing to do really . bored to do wvw and dungeons and fractals … I have legendaty rifle – full accessories – full gear. end game is so bad now for me at pve and pvp !!! everything is still same at gw2 for 2 years… patches are useless…

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I would simply suggest ignoring Irma to be honest, or simply reporting the post for being off topic and trolling I guess. I say this because this poster has Copy/pasted this exact post in 11 threads in a 30min period. I think the mods have deleted around or 7 of them thus far. I do not mind having a discussion with Irms, but I cannot take anyone seriously who make such inaccurate blunt statements. Particularly when they troll spam that same post in 11 threads about the engineer, regardless of how off topic it is.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Engi's targeting engi's.

in Engineer

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

simply put, a good engie will ruin my day if they sneak into a battle mid-way or run unchecked in WvW. As an engie i’ve held off up to 5 people for at least 5 minutes while an objective was protected/taken and bought enough time for some others on my server to come in behind and wipe them even if they eventually got me down. Simply put, we are a threat as engies since we have such versatile builds. We can cover all ranges with a variety of skills/utilities AND we can spec for some fairly useful defensive and mobility boosts while keeping some decent damage trait specs in tact. In short i think we are the most well balanced/well rounded of the classes which in turn can seem kind of OP at times to others. If we are ignored, then the battle shifts in our team’s favor, so if we see an engie we tend to focus them down.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!