Engi specialization is signets?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

As they have declared they are reworking turrets for HoT,

i mustve missed that, sauce?

I too would like a source on this, as I have seen no such comment like this made by any Anet source.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: DivineBuddha.1589

DivineBuddha.1589

Wait what if they get Minions I know it sounds very meh but in the trailer they had floating drones with them that could be a minion skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

I would find it funny if the Engi in the trailer was actually a Warrior’s Elite spec that gives him mobile turrets.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I would find it funny if the Engi in the trailer was actually a Warrior’s Elite spec that gives him mobile turrets.

He was wearing Magitech armour.

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

Wait what if they get Minions I know it sounds very meh but in the trailer they had floating drones with them that could be a minion skill

Nerf Turrets then give us Minions, man what a joke that would be. lol.

Not gonna happen.

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: MURKATRON.8425

MURKATRON.8425

I don’t think/want the new engi specialization to be any existing class skill. Reason being that engi is supposed to be a unique class and none of the current skills are on any other class. Kits, gadgets, elixirs, turrets are all unique to the engi and i would like the specialization to follow suit.
Having seen the drones, i would guess the utility would be something similar to stances with the toolbelt drones being similar to spirit weaps or vice versa.

I want to see a tanky engi that can hang in a wvw melee line with stability. Give us stab! (toss elixir B is not good enough, and the new FT stab trait is in firearms which is mainly condi based stuff)

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

this might be the dumbest reply ever but if those drones are signet passive, which means they infinitely follow you around, i’m happy XD.

in Engineer

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Well, necros got shouts, guards got traps and mesmers got wells. I am pretty sure engi’s new skills will fit into a category that already exists in some class. Engi also the only class that has no access to signets.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Wouldn’t Signets be a pretty silly idea for Engi considering we get an “activate” Toolbelt skill. It’d be signets with 2 activated. I don’t know, seems kinda crazy to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Well, necros got shouts, guards got traps and mesmers got wells. I am pretty sure engi’s new skills will fit into a category that already exists in some class. Engi also the only class that has no access to signets.

That’s my main gripe with the idea. All other classes have signets, and it was a conscious decision to exclude Engineers (and give them 4 unique skill types). Signets will feel like leftovers, “here’s some of what the others are having”. Add the fact that Signets are extremely passive, and make you sacrifice a very precious for the class utility slot, and I can’t say I’m hyped about this.

in Engineer

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

You are all ignoring the principle of engineer, they don’t use magic!. They are “engineers” they use tools and potions (elixirs). Engineers in gw2 are the equivalent of iron man in the avengers.

Shouts are magic so no.
Signet are magic so no
Traps – psychical, mechanical possibly

My guess would be from what we’ve seen would be a non magical variant of Necromancers minions or a Guardians Spirit weapons. ‘Drone’ utilities that you can deploy.

The small flying drones we see in the preview seem similar to revenants ‘Vengeful Hammers’ skill. “Invoke hammers to circle around you, damaging foes.”
Deploy drones around you to damage foes or granting protection.
something along those lines.

in Engineer

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

The one thing nobody likes in this game are AI dependend builds like minions, turrets and pets. They all have glaring flaws and aren’t useful in most situations at all, and if they are, they will get nerfed to the ground, just like turrets did, since they promote passive play. No specialization will get minions or anything close to that.

My guess would be that they keep the theme of engi being “unique” and the specialization gets a new skill type no other class has at the moment.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Shouts are magic so no.

Not necessarily, if they’re related with the drones we saw in the trailer.
Akin to how a ranger can command his pet via shouts, we could do the same “giving orders” via shout skills at our drones.

(also, technically speaking, an engineer could still have “shout” skills as something related to sound emission and manipulation; some device emitting ultrasounds, for example, could be categorized in that way).

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am starting to believe Engineer is getting Conjure from Elementalist.

That new Mad Scientist outfit is the clue of whats next. And it reminds me of a Alchemist which conjures stuff.

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

I am starting to believe Engineer is getting Conjure from Elementalist.

That new Mad Scientist outfit is the clue of whats next. And it reminds me of a Alchemist which conjures stuff.

Giving conjures to a class that has kits, god what a horrible idea that would be. I’m starting to think people are just throwing out random utility types at this point. ;P

Hmmm, lemme try. Engineers are getting Banners, cause they have a hammer……and um……Warriors do too?

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

I said this in a different thread before seeing this but….

(sorry if someone has said this already) Anyone notice on the trailer that the engie drones blink different colors…blue, red and green.
Maybe they are just buffs….
another idea i have(could have been talked about already, sorry), each drone is a bar of defiance…..
what are your thoughts?

after comments, what if they play like …oh god…spirits…..

in Engineer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

My guess: Engi gets Consecrations. (persistent ground effect).

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Personally, given the hammer incoming, I would think shouts are coming to us.

Signets sure won’t. The are one of the things engineers dislike, specifically. As the are magically imbued.

Anet gives us a hammer. We don’t actually hit things with it, we use it to summon drones like a mesmer phantasm.
Hammer is a long range weapon for engineers.
Rifle is a melee one.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Hammer is a long range weapon for engineers.

I find it being entirely long range unlikely since that is what hammer is for Revenant. Using the same gimmick twice over seems kind of silly from a design and play style flavor point of view. I do find it possible that there still may be a thrown hammer or hammer rocket type of toolbelt skill available but all we can do is speculate at this point.

in Engineer

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

I honestly think Physical Utility skills and Stances make more sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I honestly think Physical Utility skills and Stances make more sense.

Not with guard reaper is necro/war shouts are taken and many are against the idea of the drones being spirit weapons leaving consecrations,meditations and signets.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

We can still have shouts, though.

One specialization will have access to traps, while at least one profession’s elite specialization will be a full set of six shouts.

Traps are given to one only, but it isn’t necessarily the same for shouts – at least one will get it.
And seeing as they used a different wording on purpose, i think that there will be a second class getting them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

We can still have shouts, though.

One specialization will have access to traps, while at least one profession’s elite specialization will be a full set of six shouts.

Traps are given to one only, but it isn’t necessarily the same for shouts – at least one will get it.
And seeing as they used a different wording on purpose, i think that there will be a second class getting them.

I dislike the similarities in development between reaper and possibl(e/y) elite engi then :/ it makes reaper not unique in it’s own anymore but I guess we’ll see..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread