HaxTester.9816

Or should I say winions. Forgemaster hype! \^o^/

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

Or should I say winions. Forgemaster hype! \^o^/

then soon we will be like nerco complaining about their pets not doing anything at all

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Yeah they do get stuck, but there’s a trick to handling minions. Do not attack or engage enemies until your minions are near you, otherwise they will be continuously be on search mode, ie. looking for the one you are attacking, since I presume they have a short scan range and this causes them to freeze up. This is just my observation though, I’m not really sure what’s happening with their AI code. Would it be dangerous or open to exploits if the AI control is off loaded to the client instead of the servers? The reason for off loading to clients is to enable the possibility of a more advanced pet/follower AI, since AI calculations take up server resources.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Ugh, minions. It’s as overrated as dual wielding. If it’s actual AI that will be without me. Tired of Engineers in games having to rely on either turrets or AI.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Should note that people don’t really like total control either. Just look at Rev’s Centaur stance bubble. Requires a ton of micromanaging just to get it to do what it’s supposed to. I honestly hope they aren’t minions but instead act sort of like buffs. While summoned, they just orbit you and repeat certain actions. Maybe make it so they can’t be damaged directly but have some limiter tied to their function. Like one pulses protection but takes a percent of the damage you take. Or one fires attacks at enemies, but can only fire a limited number of shots before disappearing. Stuff like that so they’re not actually AI controlled minions that get stuck on everything and die in seconds.

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Yeah this is a problem, we already had 25% of our skills unusuable in game mode with massive damages (wvw), and we will have even more.
We are not the only class with such skills, but I would had prefered a lot more an improvement which give an essential contribution to wvw since we are about non-existent in this game mode … While others which are already essential will be even more improved for wvw …

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Yeah, I always felt the urge to ascend to super-villainhood anyway. Hope we’ll get a many and multi-purposed minions, I’m thinking of a

• Melee DD,
  • Defensive minion, and a
  • Elite: Minion of Steel,

just to start with.

Disclaimer: pictures aren’t my work ofc.

Attachments:

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Source?
/15chars

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Please don’t be minions! They aready suck on necro, and we got already turrets^^

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

I want something better than warrior banners to shake up the pve meta.

Oh, now I’m dreaming again, ain’t I?

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Drones won’t be minions – they are stuck to your body, won’t be targetable and give you a “buff”. Trust me ;3

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Drones won’t be minions – they are stuck to your body, won’t be targetable and give you a “buff”. Trust me ;3

http://imgur.com/sRhRnru

Aw kitten, you might be right. It could be the engineer version of mantras, where you charge it up to get a set number of charges, and then when you activate the skill again, you use one charge, in this case one drone (kamikaze bomb drone perhaps?).

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I’m the 1% who would be happy if the drones were minions, but I think that would be unlikely since we already have turrets. HOWEVER many have said that turrets are useless so maybe drones are an improvement? If they are minions/signets/mantras I’m happy

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Minions can’t be killed and give perma protect/stab/resistance to you and your group.
Anet were tired of engineers asking for some good toys to replace Acidic Elixirs, Sitting Duck and Knee Shot.

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Yeah we know .. drones probably acting dumb as the necro minions and not working well at all or pet from ranger + they are weak like turrets 2-3 hits and done.

Please …. do something special get away from that stuff .give us a battlesuit or some usefull kits.Med kit is some kind of dissapointment and the mortar just because of that design.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I hope the forge can also build siege devouers like that champion from eotm.

Champion Charr Mechanic

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

We will see.I hope it will be a good spec.I mean come on :/ … engi deserved it !

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: NitroApe.9104

NitroApe.9104

I don’t think drones are gonna be minion-like since we already have turrets, which are basically static minions. Maybe they just act like ranger spirits and grant buffs to allies.
Anyway, i’ll look forward to this with the same attitude as always: Anet will screw it up.
If they don’t, im pleasantly surprised, if they do, i can say “told ya” and at least feel a little better.

Med kit is some kind of dissapointment and the mortar just because of that design.

I like the mortar (._. )

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t think drones are gonna be minion-like since we already have turrets, which are basically static minions. Maybe they just act like ranger spirits and grant buffs to allies.
Anyway, i’ll look forward to this with the same attitude as always: Anet will screw it up.
If they don’t, im pleasantly surprised, if they do, i can say “told ya” and at least feel a little better.

Med kit is some kind of dissapointment and the mortar just because of that design.

I like the mortar (._. )

i have to disagree with that logic, seeing that warriors got a new skill type that is pretty much the same thing as a unique skill type it already had, but by a different name and added bonus. Physicals and Rage skills seem identical.

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Please no, we already have turrets, why more AI?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Engi will get minions

in Engineer

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

Honestly, I can see the drones(minions) acting like signets and by activating the specialization we lose access to all kits (except the different drones)
So no weapon swapping. Just hammer and drones (that act like signets with a bigger visual)

It could be great but i think the advanced gameplay will be dropped. I think everyone needs a break sometimes and melee tends to be more complex so a dumbed down playstyle for a melee spec is probably a good thing.

I can see us all going back to kits after a week :P

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

(edited by Epoch.5396)