Engies need nerf

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

The amount of blocks and invulnerable mechanics in one kit is unrealistic.
Either give them how many hits they can block or increase cooldown of block skills. Because rotation that they have is simply funny, they can block your entire burst for 20 sec and by the time they do their burst, they can block again. Yet their damage is unrealistic and they are tanky all in one.
I think i’m happy that engies finally get viable, but that patch made them unrealistically broken without fair Cooldowns and absurd rotations..
EDIT: edited only for typing mistakes.
EDIT2: No1 complains about PvE anyways, when some class or build is broken people refer to WvW/sPvP.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Where? PvE, WvW, or SPvP? And which one kit are you talking about? Tool Kit? Because nothing much has changed there one block 3 second duration with a clear animation 16 second cd traited. No other kits have a block just shield which has long cds. Invul is elixir S not a kit. I can understand your frustration but before you spout a random x class needs a nerf thread formulate a full point and what nerf you want to see and why.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: BubbleShot.9853

BubbleShot.9853

What a such whiner
Enjoy the gameplay as it is, if You are a great spvp player you may have to find counters to engies

And, ofc, give us the names of skills which are overpewered

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

I agree with the fact that they need a nerf.

Currently due to the balance patch the game got allot more fast paced. But it seems engi’s internal invurn’s/blocks + healing turret and a tanky build can still dish out berserking spike damage due to traits whilst having unmatched sustain if you dont ‘screw up’ (aka do your rotations correctly.) by having constant blocks available, a few dodges versus ‘key’ spikes and a healing turret if the auto attack is wearing you down/you hit a big spike.

Im not sure where the sustain exacly comes from, but if im correct engineers now have a blast finisher on dodgeroll right? And healing turret gives you the biggest healing field ingame, not hard to miss blasting that.

Im not sure what the high damage spike exacly is, but if i lose half my health from a single attack and cant break through like i would versus a warrior. Stuff is pretty broken.

Also im talking about sPvP asfar as ive seen.

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Constant pressure (rather than cd-intensive, high spikes) will make any engi topple over, especially since we still suffer from a lack of stab.

Shoutbows are hard-countered by spike-dmg.
Engis in general are hard-countered by sustained, medium pressure. We do have a lot oh-kitten buttons to deal with spikes, but most of them are on pretty high cd’s, so holding back with spikes and releasing them constantly over a reasonable timespan will wear us down.

We aren’t warriors. We are not susceptible to their weaknesses.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

No sustain damage doesnt work with the blast on heal either. Since the heal has got its effectiveness increased by tons due to blast finisher on dodgeroll.

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

it is called being outplayed

it sounds like you got schooled by one engi build and want everyone else shafted as usual scrubs do

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

if you cant kill an engi when gear shield is on CD because you wasted all your cds on it you are the best player in the game and need to be nerfed. it’s unfair that you are so smart and so skilled and so knowledgable about the game.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

they can block your entire burst for 20 sec

Care to share engie’s rotation for 20 sec block?

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Its pretty blantantly obvious when engi’s are using their shield/invuls/blocks or whatever…

I understand you throwing in a couple hits the first second or so when the engi starts its blocking/invul mode but if you waste your ENTIRE rotation, thats 100% YOUR FAULT.

Don’t ask for nerfs when you don’t understand how to play the game…
Stop blowing your load all at once lol. its as simple as that.
Wait for their defenses to go down and than start your rotation. Is that hard to understand? If that’s too complicated, uninstall and go Play runescape, that PvP might suit your skill level

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

The amount of blocks and invulnerable mechanics in one kit is unrealistic.
Either give them how many hits they can block or increase cooldown of block skills. Because rotation that they have is simply funny, they can block your entire burst for 20 sec and by the time they do their burst, they can block again. Yet their damage is unrealistic and they are tanky all in one.
I think i’m happy that engies finally get viable, but that patch made them unrealistically broken without fair Cooldowns and absurd rotations..
EDIT: edited only for typing mistakes.
EDIT2: No1 complains about PvE anyways, when some class or build is broken people refer to WvW/sPvP.

So dont unload your burst into blocks and invul. Its just L2P issue nothing more.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Curious, what class are you playing when you have engie trouble?

If it’s thief, that’s just more or less the natural order of things. The common engie builds tend to hard-counter the common thief builds.

I’ll give you that Gear Sheild is a tad on the overpowered side, it was before and still is. It still would still be good on around a 25 sec cooldown.

And engineer has insane burn burst now, but it’s not so much than Engie needs that nerf as burning might need it. Other classes are seeing similar insane condi spikes right now.

Most of your other potential issues are open to counterplay though. Elixer S is an escape tool used to run away or stall for time, so they can’t be hit, but they can’t use ANY skills aside from a stomp in it, so if someone pops it instead of keeping attacking you want to make use of the time yourself to heal/buff yourself. As soon as it wears off you can hit with a gap closer or disable and resume pressure.

And “Absurd rotations” IS the engineer’s strength, being able to take 3+ weapon sets and chain their skills into well synergised combos, so that’s not going away as long as kits are a thing.

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Slaymeding.9584

Slaymeding.9584

Engineers are a kitten to deal with.
Get over it,if i can manage about 25 skill to deal with you,you can deal very well with not blowing all your kittening rotation on me when im invulnerable while STILL eating conditions.
Yes thats true,the condition that have been eaten before the elixir effect kicks in still work.

Having that much is pretty realistic,spreading your whole magazine to a soldier behind a cover is not.

Could not be an Engineer IRL so i’ve become one in Tyria.

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

That gear shield is amazing tho, favorite skill on the engi, nothing like throwing that on and watching 15 blocks pop up in 3 sec,

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Awww engi forums got their first “Pls nerf post”. I am moved

Engies need nerf

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Awww engi forums got their first “Pls nerf post”. I am moved

Don’t think it’s the first. Don’t think it’s the last.

It has been a while, though.