Engineer 100% heat dmg is not OK

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Instead of pressing Photon Forge 12345, press F5 before that happens, or slot Grandmaster #3 and spamming 12345 to your heart’s content will only put the 4k DoT on you.

Edit: It dealt 3,199 up front, 796 × 5 over 5s. Just over 7k for the misplay, meh.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

Play it first tomorrow, then complain after.

You might be right, or it might be a mechanic that requires some nuance to overcome.

in Engineer

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

what is this even

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I feel like this mechanic wont last long, they will probably replace it with a debuff that stops us from reactivating photonforge and lock us out of kits for a while if we break the heat threshold which honestly wouldnt be to bad since there are traits could make a playstyle around it

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

missed op before it got deleted, but risky bznz is part of engis shtick and somehow i doubt the devs will be willing to move an inch even for like taking the dot away from the traited explosion since rifle 4 hasnt gone anywhere ever, even post hot.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I think its a good thing to have like a limiter of some sort for our high burst output it may also come into play when people call our damage OP we can point out that it kills us as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It think it’s about time this class got some damage output that isn’t reliant on condis, it’s been long overdue.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

well after testing it out its really no problem even when you do blow your self up

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

It’s lacking visual feedback, the screen border should slowly go from blue to red, or some art around the skill bar to show how high your heat is, the tiny bar under your toolbelt is hard to see, especially in desert areas.

in Engineer

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

It’s lacking visual feedback, the screen border should slowly go from blue to red, or some art around the skill bar to show how high your heat is, the tiny bar under your toolbelt is hard to see, especially in desert areas.

Your character also changes color, from blue at low heat to yellow at medium heat to red near maximum heat (when Photon Forge is activated).

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Your character also changes color, from blue at low heat to yellow at medium heat to red near maximum heat (when Photon Forge is activated).

Yes, but that’s not something very noticeable in the middle of combat.

in Engineer

Posted by: laverinth.5126

laverinth.5126

There are traits that help with this if you don’t want to work around the damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

After trying this for a bit today, it is pretty easy to manage your heat levels. Although, I have gotten carried away and overheated while trying to finish someone off.

The Photon Forge suit changes colors to warn you of overheating, there is an animation around the f5 button when you are close to overheating, and there is an audio warning as well.

I was able to maintain between 50-150 heat all while fighting pretty easily.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds