Engineer Bugs Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

I would also like to mention it here, though again I am not certain if it counts as a bug or is intended.

Toolkit has a 3 target max limit on autoattack. As does flamethrower. While grenade kit, bomb kit, rifle and pistol autoattack(with coated bullets) can hit up to 5 targets per shot.

Considering that bombs and grenades already have superior damage to these kits I find it hard to believe that this limitation is deliberate.

Though it may just mean that they haven’t got around to reducing the target limit to 3 on the other weapons, of course.

(edited by icewyrm.5038)

in Engineer

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

I’m not sure if this is deliberate or a bug, but from testing it appears that Vigor and Adrenal Implant do not stack, or the regeneration rate is hitting a cap of some kind.

Adrenal Implant reduces the time it takes to regenerate 1 bar of endurance from approximately 10.2 to 6.7 seconds

Vigor reduces the time from 10.2 to 5.47 seconds.

I measured vigor and adrenal implant together and got approximately the same result. My stopwatch method isn’t perfect, but after repeated tests I believe if there is a difference in regen time it is less than 0.2 of a second. In essence, if you have vigor adrenal implant appears to be a waste of a trait slot.

Working as intended. The highest bonus is taken and the rest are ignored.

in Engineer

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

-Mortar shots will disappear on contact with destructible walls in WvW

I’d also like to point out that Deployable Turrets still has yet to function at all outside of the mists since this game launched, it’s extremely frustrating given how much potential it has.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Engineer

Posted by: Oble.7582

Oble.7582

Can someone help me confirm this? I was testing Rocket Boots and discovered that I can rocket to 900 distance just fine when doing it randomly or against mob in combat, but the effect changes to like 100~200 distance when activating rocket boots while facing a neutral target at melee range (such as a destructible object or a neutral mob like a Moa), or even a hostile target that hasn’t engage me in combat yet where I quickly run up to melee range before it aggros and quickly activate rocket boots. However, once combat is engaged, the rocket distance works correctly.

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Would like to know if anyone else is having problems with Elixir U. Currently for me Sometimes i can use the skill and it works fine but others i activate the skill the C/D happens and nothing else no quickness no QZ no Frenzy…new RNG Aspect of Engineers?

I cant figure out whats causing this, id like to know if anyone else is having similar issues.

in Engineer

Posted by: Oregateau.2814

Oregateau.2814

Charr Hidden Pistols belt skill has the pistols pointing directly into the air when they fire.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Grenadier has no unequip recharge time when Grenadier trait is used. Only tested in pve.

in Engineer

Posted by: AryasRevenge.3175

AryasRevenge.3175

Elixir U sometimes make no effect when using it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Tested mainly in PvP.

-changing direction or queuing up multiple inputs will result in Rocket Boots to sometimes simply Break Stuns allowing you to move freely and not trigger the self Blow out ability. I believe it may happen more if there are multiple sources of incoming damage.

-Flamethrower Kit’s Air Blast will sometimes not hit targets very close to your character model. Same problem with Blunderbuss, Overcharged Shot and many other Engineer abilities.

-Aiming and Activating a Skill at a target opponent that walks through your model will cause your abilities to be put on a cool down and not trigger their effect. For Example Blunderbuss has a large hit radius and a moderate depth allowing it to hit several foes at once. But when fired into several opponents if your primary target moves “on” you or through you your ability will not activate but will go on cool down. (This may be intended yet some similar abilities do not have this problem.)

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

I haven’t played in 2 weeks. I will get around to updating the post at some point. See this thread for why it doesn’t matter.

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Just wanted to give my thanks for maintaining this stickied thread.

I’d be more than just a little livid, given that reaction to all the hard work put into this list.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: totes.1759

totes.1759

Sometimes when Magnet (Tool Kit) is used, nothing happens even if the target is in range and there are no obstructions. No errors such as “obstructed”, “out of range”, or “no line of sight” pop up. This seems to happen about 30% of the time in WvW.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hugs.1856

Hugs.1856

Magnet:
In sPvP, sometimes magnet doesn’t pull the target straight to the user when there’s some sort of “obstacle” between.
Instead, it makes the target “jump” very high and doesn’t pull it at melee range.
What is more annoying is in the map temple, if you magnet someone to make him fall through one of the holes located between altat and temple, the “jump” prevents the fall.

drop antidote
The skill 4 of the med kit works inconsistantly. It sometimes removes 1 cond – the top 1, sometimes several or all. There’s a bug i think when an existing condition is being re-applied at the same time as the skill is used.

blowtorch the 4 of pistol
even when in range the skill sometimes reads miss. Does it hit twice? once at range 200-600 and once at range 0-200?

in Engineer

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

If someone wants to take over the maintenance of this thread, send me a PM and I can send you the bug list in the format that I have already created. You’ll have to create a new thread and then report it so it can be stickied, though.

I’m pretty through with the game for now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Not Sure if this one is a bug or not;

Flamethrower skill 2; Flame Blast hits twice if you don’t detonate it. Bug or Intended? Skill shot or exploit?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: GanJoe.5374

GanJoe.5374

I have several screens of an engineer exploiting the aforementioned flame blast bug on purpose… ALWAYS hitting me for 2 x the same dmg in the same second. Like 2 × 4132 damage in the same second… and on purpose…

This would be a good way to die…
But not good enough!

(edited by GanJoe.5374)

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

I have several screens of an engineer exploiting the aforementioned flame blast bug on purpose… ALWAYS hitting me for 2 x the same dmg in the same second. Like 2 × 4132 damage in the same second… and on purpose…

Try sending in a support ticket.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

There seems to be a problem with the Jump Shot animation/speed when Rifled Barrels is traited:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Jump-shot-1

gkaare, if you’re really done with this game, I’d like to thank you for the work you put into this bug list/keeping it updated/verifying bugs.
Much appreciated!

I hope someone picks up where you leave it.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Concerning the flame blast ‘bug’… are you sure you don’t get hit by the roll damage+the detonate damage?
I never have been able to make it detonate twice. But roll damage quickly followed by detonate damage is certainly possible (and legit) due to the topology of this skill.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

GanJoe.5374

its surely possible… but like i said before i get the SAME dmg in the SAME second…
and according to the wiki the contact and the blast afterwards have different damage values.
So taking 2 × 4132 dmg in the same sec… surely seems like bug.

But not good enough!

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Gonna test this on golems tonight. Getting twice the detonate damage might get some people excited, but is definitely not intended afaic.
Would you be so kind and upload a screenshot of this (including the combatlog)?
Please edit out any visible names.
Much appreciated.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

GanJoe.5374

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c11409243546544

http://www.imagebam.com/image/868289243546556

http://www.imagebam.com/image/46cc96243546568

First two are the bug… last one… i cant really tell…
i guess the last one could be a working flame blast + a sigil flame blast procc ? oO

But not good enough!

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Thanks. Really weird that.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t reproduce it on golems.

Have you actually been hit for 2x? Just trying to rule out a combatlog display error.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

GanJoe.5374

definately, i dropped like a fly. Twice 4k dmg, same second.

guess the last picture is a working flame blast, contact and detonate dmg + a flame blast sigil procc.

But not good enough!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Is this new?
Rifled barrels in Firearms gives pistol auto attack about 10% more damage.

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

BUG;

Gear Shield from Engie not blocking some attacks that are supposed to be blockable.

Skills I’ve been hit by whilst blocking; (NOTE: THIS SPACE WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATED)

Lightning Strike
Magnetic Grasp
Incendiary Powder for the engie seems to go through Gear shield as well, seriously what the heck?
Mirror Blade

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

definately, i dropped like a fly. Twice 4k dmg, same second.

guess the last picture is a working flame blast, contact and detonate dmg + a flame blast sigil procc.

Ok, I can confirm this now.
It happens when the flame blast isn’t detonated and the target is at max range.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Is this new?

There is wonky things happening with rifled barrels. Jump Shot distance/animation gets distorted and not working as intended and:
See bug notes here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rifled_Barrels
Some fixes will make it into the next patch and some won’t.

How did you validate your findings, Sobat?

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Is this new?

There is wonky things happening with rifled barrels. Jump Shot distance/animation gets distorted and not working as intended and:
See bug notes here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rifled_Barrels
Some fixes will make it into the next patch and some won’t.

How did you validate your findings, Sobat?

I only did about 10 seconds of “testing”, but the tooltip increases by about 10% and
I noticed an increase in damage from a constant 47 against those portals in Shadow Behemoth area to constant 52.

Would be nice if someone could confirm.

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Self-stuns from Overcharged Shot and Rocket Boots do not proc traits such as Auto-defense Bomb Despenser or Protection Injection

in Engineer

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No idea if this has been said before but once you equip a kit you lose the defense bonus from your shield. It should stay along with the other stats of your equipped weapons.

Edit: You also lose the bonus from the Reinforced Shield Trait….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

Combination of following:
Explosives XI – Grenadier
Firearms V – Precise Sights

Every single grenade hit applies vulnerability, even if it’s non-critical. It’s like 6 stacks per second in melee range, easily goes to max of 25

in Engineer

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Combination of following:
Explosives XI – Grenadier
Firearms V – Precise Sights

Every single grenade hit applies vulnerability, even if it’s non-critical. It’s like 6 stacks per second in melee range, easily goes to max of 25

Not a bug.
The Explosives Grandmaster Minor trait, Steel-Packed Powder, causes all explosives to cause Vulnerability.

in Engineer

Paulytnz.7619

Firearms

• Hair Trigger doesn’t work properly with any Harpoon Gun skills.
  • Rifled Barrels changes Tranquilizer Dart’s Weakness and Bleed duration to 3s when it should be 1s and 4s respectively.
  • Rifled Barrels does not improve the range of Overcharged Shot.
  • Rifled Barrels does not improve the range of Elixir Gun’s Fumigate.
  • Rifled Barrels reduces the recharge of Elixir Gun’s Elixir F from 8 to 5 seconds.
  • Rifled Barrels changes the description of Super Elixir to only show the bonus from Healing Power instead of the total healing. The skill will still heal for the correct amount.
  • Fireforged Trigger and Rifled Barrels have some bugs when used together.
    • Does not reduce the recharge of Elixir F, but Elixir F is already reduced to 5 seconds because of Rifled Barrels.
    • Does reduce recharge of Fumigate. Probably because Fumigate is not being affected by Rifled Barrels.
    • Does reduce recharge of Acid Bomb from 15 to 12 seconds. Once the recharge gets to 10 seconds, it resets back to 12 seconds.
    • Does not reduce recharge of Super Elixir.

I have noticed that rifled barrels also increases cripple to 5 seconds, so with the 5 second recharge this gives constant cripple. I thought this was meant to always be a constant cripple as I am very used to it in game but it seems it has been a bug all along.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

Not a bug.
The Explosives Grandmaster Minor trait, Steel-Packed Powder, causes all explosives to cause Vulnerability.

Oh crap, didn’t notice this one. Seemed so much bugged in comparition to flamethrower. Thanks for pointing it

in Engineer

Posted by: GrottyPie.7520

GrottyPie.7520

When having Kit refinment trait, and equiping the elexir gun, the glue-trail also immobilizes friendly NPC’s. Only tested in Lion’s Arch.

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

Throw Wrench doesn’t heal turrets as stated in the tool tip… at least not in WvW.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Paulytnz.7619

Throw Wrench doesn’t heal turrets as stated in the tool tip… at least not in WvW.

Did you try on your turrets os someone else’s? It only works for yours not other people’s.

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

On mine.
I placed a Net Turret in WvW and let it be hit by a mob for about 4000 then threw a wrench while the turret being my target (in range of course), and while the mob being my target but the wrench clearly passing through my turret as well.
I didn’t see the health of the turret going up while the wrench passed it. No green numbers and no apparent change on the turrets healthbar.
Same for Flame Turret and Rifle Turret.
I had to stop the test there.

Just for the sake of completeness: this was without healing to turrets traited in any way; only the basic Trow Wrench, but it should heal turrets nonetheless in its basic form:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Wrench

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Muhai.5634

Muhai.5634

“Deployable Turrets” trait in the Tools line does not spawn proper turrets after the March 26 update.
It summons the old turrets for [Thumper Turret, Flame Turret] instead of the updated turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Elred.2138

Elred.2138

“Deployable Turrets” trait in the Tools line does not spawn proper turrets after the March 26 update.
It summons the old turrets for [Thumper Turret, Flame Turret] instead of the updated turrets.

Came here to post how the Flame Turret hasn’t reduced cooldown, so that’s what it is? Anyway I can attest this bug is a real bug, I use the trait on my Engineer, and although tooltip specify reduced cooldown, turrets I place have the old one.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Some oddities with Elixir Gun skill 4 “Acid Bomb”:

- You can be hit while flying backwards, which makes this skill almost too dangerous to use for its purpose of getting point blank range, swap into Elixir Gun with Kit Refinement to immobilize and then Acid Bomb away to “safety”, except you’re not safe while still launching and might be knocked down or stunned mid air instead (or at least take a lot of damage while your target might still escape the Acid damage).
Most other movement skills of this kind will give a brief invulnerability period (Thief Short bow “Disabling Shot”, Ele Staff Fire “Burning Retreat”, Charr racial “Hidden Pistol” etc.), so Acid Bomb should be allowed to function this way, too!

- Sometimes you won’t fly backwards at all for no apparent reason (no snares, no stun etc.), instead you will jump straight into the air.

(edited by Xolo.3580)

in Engineer

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

Rifle
About 50% of the time Jump Shot teleports me to a random location near the area I targeted, does the AoE damage safely away from my target, then teleports me to where I should have landed to start with.

I constantly get an “obstructed” message with Net Shot even when all other skills are hitting from the same position, on even ground with nothing to obstruct the shot. This usually happens when I am on a slight slope (in either direction, though opponent with slightly higher ground seems to make this bug more than anything).

Tool Kit
At LEAST half the time Magnet pulls my opponent only halfway, or teleports them to some place in my general direction, and sometimes pulls them all the way through me and they end up laying behind me.

… SO frustrating!! >.<

If any of it makes a difference, I do use fast-cast ground targeting… really shouldn’t make a difference in how the abilities act though…

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in Engineer

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

in Engineer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Was playing some sPvP today and my grenades floated mid air and didn’t do anything after I threw them. I was in a turny and I was fighting a ele and a warrior. I through the nades (no projectile reflects were up) and it was a flash grenade so i could see the projectile easily, it floated mid air for a couple of seconds right above where i threw it and then disappeared with doing no damage or blind.

in Engineer

Posted by: Belial.1478

Belial.1478

Not entirely sure if this is a bug, but I’m pretty sure it is. The number 4 underwater downed skill isn’t available right away unlike the other classes, instead it has an initial 5 sec cooldown before it can be used.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Not sure if it is intended or not, but when I was commenting on another thread, I remembered that the healing turret from the supply crate is healed for old amount by the wrench from the Tool Kit, as opposed to the new amount for the new (soon to be old) healing turret.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Pannonica.5378

lunyboy, are you able to repair non supply crate turrets with throw wrench?

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Boredbeard.9652

Boredbeard.9652

Just a quick one.

Right after gkaare.8576, Phenom.4137 and Pelios.8014.

It is about Supply Crate. As one of our elite skills, it doesn’t trigger effects of bonus described as 6th one form ‘Runes of Lyssa’ set.

That must be one easy fix for you ArenaNet Team.

Best regards.

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Just a quick one.

Right after gkaare.8576, Phenom.4137 and Pelios.8014.

It is about Supply Crate. As one of our elite skills, it doesn’t trigger effects of bonus described as 6th one form ‘Runes of Lyssa’ set.

That must be one easy fix for you ArenaNet Team.

Best regards.

Actually, this is not just an engineer-only issue: on elite traits do not activate immediately if they have an external object that deploys alongside players (transform targeted elites, alongside supply crate).

I think the bug here is the detection that the elites have been deployed because transformation targeted elites need a check against the targeted player, which may have not been checked, and that supply crate deploy detection has not been coded yet/is not checked.