Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Forum bugs. Weee.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Engineer Bugs (Updated & Consolidated)

in Engineer

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

It’s only visual: Streamlined Kits buff doesn’t show up after loading into a different map.
It shows up again after triggering it and waiting for the cooldown to be over.

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

Hey, ruse! I suggest taking up the changelog space and reducing the size of the fixed bugs’ fields if you actually do run out of space.

Thanks again, you’re our hero.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

I’m actually being even more OCD about. I’ve pulled all the posts into a word doc and am doing character counts to tetris them in for the most efficiency. I’ll make the changes soon.

I was already thinking about how to trim the fat off the fixed ones, but I don’t want to loose some of that descriptive detail. We’ll see how it goes! XD

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

I’m actually being even more OCD about. I’ve pulled all the posts into a word doc and am doing character counts to tetris them in for the most efficiency. I’ll make the changes soon.

I was already thinking about how to trim the fat off the fixed ones, but I don’t want to loose some of that descriptive detail. We’ll see how it goes! XD

could also take one of your first comments after all the bug reports and use that as a “resolved” post. Then link to it at the beginning of the very first post. Would be able to move resolutions there and make room for new bugs as they are found.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

• Mine dropped by Streamlined Kits while equipping Grenade Kit behaves erratically
    Description: Streamlined Kits procced Mine randomly explodes. Sometimes instantly, sometimes never, sometimes after a short delay.
    Reproducible?: Yes. Equip Grenade Kit with Streamlined Kits and observe behaviors.

Perhaps there are other causes, but one cause of the Mine detonating appears to be contact with a Mini, similar to the Med Kit bug.

• Skill keys are shown incorrectly on the skill bar
    Description: The buttons assigned to skill 5 and F5 show the wrong assigned key (default) if any of the assignments has been modified.
    Reproducible?: Yes. Unbind the keys for skill #5 and class skill #5. Then bind one to any key. Both skills show the default assignment on the skill bar.
    Additional Details: The skills are working with their assigned keys as intended.

I had this issue, myself. I set F5 to B, instead. The icon stayed as F5 until I logged out and back in, and it now shows B. It may also change just from switching maps, but I’m not certain on that.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Easy fix to the space problem might be putting the changelog in as actual replies. Also keeps this important-ish thread bumped all day long.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ederyn.3107

Ederyn.3107

here we go a new one :

HGH do not reduce the HIDDEN FLASK recharge rate.

If you put HGH on and pass the mouse on HIDDEN FLASK it show the reduction on the upper tooltip (the Elixir B one ) but do not reduce the tooltip of the HIDDEN FLASK itslef.

Tested also with mobs in WWW with my cronometer hidenn flask proc every 40 sec with or wothout HGH.

Edit: it’s late now i logged out…but probably we have the same problem with Self Regulating Defense ( the elixir s on 25% life)….can someone test if HGH reduce is recharge or not?

(edited by Ederyn.3107)

in Engineer

Posted by: velhavn.7694

velhavn.7694

bump… Dev, please read this.. red post would be nice

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Just got in front of my computer. I’ll post an update as well as reorganize everything. Thanks more feedback guys!

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

(edited by digitalruse.9085)

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Okay. I’m officially pooped. Made it look even prettier and added some more details. Let me know if I missed anything.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Steve.7659

Steve.7659

Hey! Thanks for all the hard work catagorizing the bugs. However there seems to be a tiny mistake in your list. I don’t think that Rifle Mod was ever mentioned to be baseline (as much as I would love that, being a keen rifle engi.)

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Hey! Thanks for all the hard work catagorizing the bugs. However there seems to be a tiny mistake in your list. I don’t think that Rifle Mod was ever mentioned to be baseline (as much as I would love that, being a keen rifle engi.)

You are correct. I reviewed my notes from the two streams and do not see it mentioned. Nice catch. My brain is mushy. I’ve removed it.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Yay updates! Seems the “Orbital Strike gets culled completely as soon as any effectst are happening” thing got list dropped? ‘s probably my favorite personal lil’ issue and pet peeve to grump about atm! Well, that combined with the lack of skill queues on SD builds.

in Engineer

Ederyn.3107

When A picture is better than 1000 words…

Attachments:

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Yay updates! Seems the “Orbital Strike gets culled completely as soon as any effectst are happening” thing got list dropped? ‘s probably my favorite personal lil’ issue and pet peeve to grump about atm! Well, that combined with the lack of skill queues on SD builds.

You caught me trying to move it to toolbelt where it belongs, but space is all wacky now. I’ll mess with it again tomorrow.

Alas, in the immortal words of the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, “I SLEEP NOW!”

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

(edited by digitalruse.9085)

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Best sleep to ya.

Dramatic teary eyed salutes ensue

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Tool tip of the Med-Kits Med Blaster doesn’t show that it’s ticking 3 times in 1 channel.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Automated Medical Response has a 10sec cooldown. Is this correct or a bug?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Tool tip and behaviour are the same, so I guess this is intended.

in Engineer

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Yes, I was in WvW last night to get some dailies, me and like 3 other people went to take a tower and my orbital strike was culled with just a couple people, so its not just being lost in big zergs. Also, no enemy servers were there either, just us and the npcs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Grenade Barrage + Grenadier Generate 13 Grenades, please HotFix.

Attachments:

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

It’s not that it’s throwing 13 grenades, but more that it is throwing 6-7 and they are piercing. So, they hit you as they travel through you and then again when they impact on the ground. This is on the list.

I will re-test and verify what you are saying just to be sure.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Yes, I was in WvW last night to get some dailies, me and like 3 other people went to take a tower and my orbital strike was culled with just a couple people, so its not just being lost in big zergs. Also, no enemy servers were there either, just us and the npcs.

My personal record is having orbital strike culled because a single mesmer was autoattacking. We were two total.

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

I must say, the lack of damage pulsing on the Mortar might be intentional as far as the fields go. Else it could stack vuln pretty crazily. And the little bit of damage on pulse is not a biggie, I guess! But hey, we’ll see what anet do.

in Engineer

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

FIX IMBA GRENADES ASAP! for now there is no point to play spvp unless u play engiee

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

I must say, the lack of damage pulsing on the Mortar might be intentional as far as the fields go. Else it could stack vuln pretty crazily. And the little bit of damage on pulse is not a biggie, I guess! But hey, we’ll see what anet do.

It already functions this way on Bomb Kit, so it’s an inconsistency.

Like all the bugs here, a red coming in and saying “Yup, this is a bug.” or “Nope, this is working as intended” would go a long way to cull this list. In the face of silence, we can only draw our own conclusions; be they true or not.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Point taken. Especially with how the Mortar was clearly rushed – No bad spirit towards the devs meant, deadlines are brutal stuff. Especially with changes this big.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Point taken. Especially with how the Mortar was clearly rushed – No bad spirit towards the devs meant, deadlines are brutal stuff. Especially with changes this big.

Agreed. I wish there was more we could do to help, but I figure this catalog is about the end of it until they ask.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Morozzko.2136

Morozzko.2136

all norm with damage of granades, others classes do smthing like this

Main Engi, all other 80

in Engineer

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Medi Kit-Bandage Self, does not trigger Rune of Balthazar’s burn on healing skill use.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Elixir gun bugs: Elixir F, Acid Bomb, Super Elixir, and Healing Mists are not benefiting from minor alchemy trait Alchemical Tinctures and all should remove +1 condition and when paired with Inversion Enzyme should convert those condition to boons.

Over Shield is not applying the proper amount of protection, it should apply 4 seconds and when it only applying 3 seconds(mouse over boon shows 2 seconds and should be 3 seconds on mouse over if it is applying 4 seconds) and when combined with the boon duration increase from Alchemical Tinctures it should apply 4.75 seconds and it appears to be applying 3.6 seconds of protection. I also feel Gear Shield should benefit from Over Shield as it is a “Shield” skill.

Grenadier for clarity does not cause Grenade Barrage to pierce, it is actually throwing 13 individual grenades. @Aidan Eighthrain.8612 and @digitalruse.9085.

Flamethrower skill Detonate Flame Blast does have its blast finisher tooltip you just can’t see the tool tip unless out of combat or if you mouse over the skill after initially casting Flame Blast and making the skill turn over to Detonate.

Also thank you digitalruse.9085 for compiling all these bugs for us, much appreciated.

in Engineer

Posted by: Irenio CalmonHuang

Irenio CalmonHuang

Game Designer

Next

Thanks for compiling these in a single place. We’ll be trying to address most, if not all, of these issues as soon as we’re able.

in Engineer

Ederyn.3107

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Thanks to the engis for compiling this list. The skill queing bug affects all classes, and hopefully Anet will fix it for the rest of us too!

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Thanks for compiling these in a single place. We’ll be trying to address most, if not all, of these issues as soon as we’re able.

Thank you so much, having someone from the team post that you are awear of this makes all the diffrence. We hope to hear more from you in the future.

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Elixir gun bugs: Elixir F, Acid Bomb, Super Elixir, and Healing Mists are not benefiting from minor alchemy trait Alchemical Tinctures and all should remove +1 condition and when paired with Inversion Enzyme should convert those condition to boons.

If you read the text for Alchemical Tinctures, it makes the distinction that the elixirs must be tossed or consumed.

Over Shield is not applying the proper amount of protection, it should apply 4 seconds and when it only applying 3 seconds(mouse over boon shows 2 seconds and should be 3 seconds on mouse over if it is applying 4 seconds) and when combined with the boon duration increase from Alchemical Tinctures it should apply 4.75 seconds and it appears to be applying 3.6 seconds of protection.

I’ll confirm and then update.

I also feel Gear Shield should benefit from Over Shield as it is a “Shield” skill.

Hmm… maybe… that is more of a feature request and not a bug. I want to keep things focused on bugs if possible. It’s not a bad idea though.

Grenadier for clarity does not cause Grenade Barrage to pierce, it is actually throwing 13 individual grenades. @Aidan Eighthrain.8612 and @digitalruse.9085.

Okidoki. I double check it and update.

Flamethrower skill Detonate Flame Blast does have its blast finisher tooltip you just can’t see the tool tip unless out of combat or if you mouse over the skill after initially casting Flame Blast and making the skill turn over to Detonate.

I’ll update to include that nuance.

Also thank you digitalruse.9085 for compiling all these bugs for us, much appreciated.

I figure this is the best shot at getting things looked it. I work in IT as a career, so when I am troubleshooting I want as much info and repeatable step as possible.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

If you defend the current grenade, you’re insane.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9zOWZUywrrg#t=107 Am decently sure it’s the grenades piercing and -not- it being 13 grenades that spawn on barrage. This video is pretty good proof of the current damage on pierce!

Either way it’s borked.

(And I still wanna have skill queue-ing fixed!)

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

I think I just saw you testing this in the mists.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

That’s the most urgent problem to fix. All the others might be a nuisance to engineer players.
The grenade damage output however is balance-breaking for everyone (else ^.^).

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

is chem rounds supposed to be multiply condition duration with other condition duration?

and breaking 100% duration cap?

(edited by Casia.4281)

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Flamethrower Toolbelt Bug:

Incendiary Ammunition tooltip describes the skill as inflicting 2 stacks of burning, on the next 3 attacks for 3 seconds.

In play the skill is inflicting only 1 stack of burning on each of the next 3 attacks for 3 seconds.

This renders the skill incredibly weak given it’s 50 second cooldown.

in Engineer

Posted by: Scaredycat.7153

Scaredycat.7153

Automated medical response is not procing at 25% more like 10% or lower. Also fails to reset the cool down on overcharge turret making the heal worthless.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

^This, not sure abou the 10% thaugh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Just a sidenote, Mortar’s damage IS being increased by explosive powder, and is in fact being classed as an explosion. This is easy enough to tell when you run the trait Steel-packed powder, or simply look at Mortar’s skill damage and see that it’s damage is blue, not white when you’re traited with explosive powder.

Also, I’m just going to go ahead and say it because we’re thinking it: Mortar Shot’s damage decreased by too much with the latest kneejerk patch. It now only exceeds the Rifle’s damage by virtue of the explosion’s damage trait.

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Just a sidenote, Mortar’s damage IS being increased by explosive powder, and is in fact being classed as an explosion. This is easy enough to tell when you run the trait Steel-packed powder, or simply look at Mortar’s skill damage and see that it’s damage is blue, not white when you’re traited with explosive powder.

Also, I’m just going to go ahead and say it because we’re thinking it: Mortar Shot’s damage decreased by too much with the latest kneejerk patch. It now only exceeds the Rifle’s damage by virtue of the explosion’s damage trait.

Well, it does by ~5% base, and additionally has the 100% projectile finisher. Was the nerf a bit overdone? Without a doubt. Engie lacks any other ranged option. But if the trait -and- the finisher are both fixed, it should be a decent skill. Now to quickly check if steel packed powder was fixed!

Edit: After some testing, I do -not- think it is actually applied. On the tooltip, yes. I only really quickly hit some dummies though, so that’s hardly maths. Lemme check s’more.

Double edit: All numbers taken without gear in the Silverwastes.

30 shots of Mortar #1 without the Explosives line:

• 5297 damage total

30 shots of mortar #1 WITH the Explosives line (no Glass cannon traited, and no vuln applied on dummies, but Explosives Powder as a minor.)

• 5323 damage total

Short Maths of 10 Mortar #1 shots x 3 WITH glasscannon:

• 5589 damage total

Explosives packed powder is only applied in the tooltip!

(edited by Sold Out.7625)

in Engineer

velhavn.7694

YAY.. red post…
ty so much………..

in Engineer

velhavn.7694

please add,

Advanced Turrets reflective shield visual effects do not appear in large battles
Description: In large battles, the visual effect for reflective shield does not appear consistently. Likely related to the Effect Reduction option.

Reproducible?: Yes. Use drop supply crate with advanced turrets trait equiped in SW boss, WvW zergs, dungeons with lots of spawns (CoF Gadd defend room, CoE Golem Defense Room, etc…)
Additional Details: N/A

(edited by velhavn.7694)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sindre.6928

Sindre.6928

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9zOWZUywrrg#t=107 Am decently sure it’s the grenades piercing and -not- it being 13 grenades that spawn on barrage. This video is pretty good proof of the current damage on pierce!

Either way it’s borked.

(And I still wanna have skill queue-ing fixed!)

Are grenades supposed to pierce? Perhaps they added it to grenades in stead of pistols by mistake?
I do hope this triad will be added to the pistol as well and the explosive on auto so i can use this instead of grenades.