Engineer Bugs (Updated & Consolidated)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

Skill Queue issue is still the most lethal thing for the profession. Literally the reason I have not tried to pvp properly since the specializations patch – I’d wanna get into the ‘new’ pvp experience with my most comfortable class.

Bombs are probably about equal in how heavy the issue is, with that radius.

OH, AND THE GODDMAN MORTAR BUGS WITH THE EXPLOSIVES TRAITS.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

(edited by Sold Out.7625)

in Engineer

Posted by: Thundaga.4358

Thundaga.4358

Top 3 bugs that need to be fixed: 1. Bomb Radius 180 =>240 , 2. Magnet Pull to actually pull people instead of flopping them on a place, 3. Chemical Rounds = When this trait is used , the Static Shot applies only 1 stack of confusion instead of 2 stacks which should be applied.

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Skill Queue issue is still the most lethal thing for the profession. Literally the reason I have not tried to pvp properly since the specializations patch – I’d wanna get into the ‘new’ pvp experience with my most comfortable class.

Bombs are probably about equal in how heavy the issue is, with that radius.

OH, AND THE GODDMAN MORTAR BUGS WITH THE EXPLOSIVES TRAITS.

Which explosives trait bug?

Also, in regards to update 8, mortar kit 2,3,4 only hit one pulse of dmg, the skill is 1 hit. Ie. 240, not 240(4x) for skills that have multiple pulses/strikes. The tooltip is matching the function of the skill, is there something else considered to be bugged about it? Looked at thief shortbow 4 compared to mortar 2, or old poison grenade.

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Does anyone else sometimes end up with their flame thrower line of fire skill burning away in mid air? This has happened to me when I jumped and cast, and usually when there was something sort of nearby over head. Its like a trial of fire in the sky

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Projectile finishers still not working as advertised… Target needs to be hit for it for it to do anything, even then it seems inconsistent.

Sigh frustrating, how long will the engineer go broken this time around?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Underwater elixirs are not affected by the cd-reduction of HgH.
In fact, they don’t share the same cd anymore, allowing them to be double-used near riversides & coasts if HgH is traited.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Another bug is ,if you use your underwater heal and goes on land your land heal skill get the same cd for example underwater elixir H 30 sec cd and on land healing turret 20 sec .Healing turret get 30 sec cd.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

Projectile finishers still not working as advertised… Target needs to be hit for it for it to do anything, even then it seems inconsistent.

Sigh frustrating, how long will the engineer go broken this time around?

Projectile finishers have always required you to hit an enemy for the effect to occur, which weapon are you having problems with?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Projectile finishers have always required you to hit an enemy for the effect to occur, which weapon are you having problems with?

I belive he is referring to Mortar 1#. We have no offical word if it is suppose to work in an AoE (as it would make more sense considering the slow curving projectile that uses groundtarget instead of homing like other projectiles), or if it is suppose to work like it does now and never really matter.

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I belive he is referring to Mortar 1#. We have no offical word if it is suppose to work in an AoE (as it would make more sense considering the slow curving projectile that uses groundtarget instead of homing like other projectiles), or if it is suppose to work like it does now and never really matter.

The livestream said it won’t require hitting a target. The pre cast and travel time on mortar 1 is abysmal.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

The livestream said it won’t require hitting a target. The pre cast and travel time on mortar 1 is abysmal.

What livestream? Because they did not state this in the initial preview of engineer at Ready Up episode 32. They said it might be a blast finisher by traiting it, and we know that didn’t happen. And in Episode 35 with the patch preview, they only said it was a projectile finisher, not that it works in an AoE.

And when I said:

considering the slow curving projectile that uses groundtarget instead of homing like other projectiles

I’m talking about getting the projectile finisher effect at long range (1000+). The projectile have a very small hitbox so unless you are in your enemies face you will not get the trigger.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

up again for dev homework

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Bug has been submitted in game:

Reactive Lenses (Tools Adept) doesn’t work with knockback or knockdown. I believe this is also true for specific types of knockback “launch” or whatever other names they have. It works only with stun/daze/fear right now.

Easy to test. Equip it and go get knocked around!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

Bug has been submitted in game:

Reactive Lenses (Tools Adept) doesn’t work with knockback or knockdown. I believe this is also true for specific types of knockback “launch” or whatever other names they have. It works only with stun/daze/fear right now.

Easy to test. Equip it and go get knocked around!

its true – i confirm on some kind of knockback-down-launch it doesnt trigger

but im writing to ask why the alchemy “transmute” says “Incoming conditions have a chance to convert into boons.”

well. its incoming condition – one stack of a group of conditions incoming.

example? get 5 stacks of confusion from a mesmer and converts 1 to retaliation and leave the other 4 there…

but cant be working like that. there are skills that drops X stacks of a condition ALL TOGETHER!

wvw cannons 2nd skill: 5-10stacks of bleeding in ONE HIT – converts only one and leave the other 4 or 9 to work

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

The devs working on any specific profession will look in that forum for bug and issue reports, and for suggestions. I will move this thread to its proper profession-related forum. Thanks for understanding.

IS there anyone looking at Engineers? Engineer has a ridiculous number of bugs?

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Self bandage does not scale with mechanized deployment (15% toolbelt skill recharge reduction). throw accelerant (med kit #4) cant be picked up if you dont have a movement impairing condition on you (remnant of pre patch) all the other condition cleanses can be picked up regardless if you have condies on you. #3 has a different cast time then #2 #4 and #5 (probably a mistake). Ow and remove the ground targeting because it’s scheisse.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Self bandage does not scale with mechanized deployment (15% toolbelt skill recharge reduction). throw accelerant (med kit #4) cant be picked up if you dont have a movement impairing condition on you (remnant of pre patch) all the other condition cleanses can be picked up regardless if you have condies on you. #3 has a different cast time then #2 #4 and #5 (probably a mistake). Ow and remove the ground targeting because it’s scheisse.

• #4 can always be picked up fine. NO BUG
  • #3’s cast time is intentional. Cast times don’t accidentally have the fitting animations either. NO BUG
  • Ground targeting is intentional. NO BUG
  • Transmute always just converted one stack. NO BUG

POST ACTUAL FREAKING BUGS HERE, PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT BALANCE. MOVING THIS FROM THE BUG FORUM TO THE ENGINEER FORUM WAS HORRIBLE. HERE ARE SOME ACTUAL BUG EXAMPLES:

• Some people were unsure about the Mortar’s projectile finisher working: We previously had confirmation that the projectile finisher was supposed to proc as long as the explosion hits a combo field. If anyone has severe heartburn about it, I can dig up the red post about it with some work. BUG
  • Explosive Powder does not properly proc on Mortar, making us miss 10% damage: BUG
  • Static Discharge still breaks Skill Queues, causing actual hand pains thanks to needing to spam your skills.. BUG
  • Reactive Lenses basically never works. BUG
  • Bomb Radius smaller than visual (180 instead of 240). BUG

(edited by Sold Out.7625)

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

• #4 can always be picked up fine. NO BUG
  • #3’s cast time is intentional. Cast times don’t accidentally have the fitting animations either. NO BUG
  • Ground targeting is intentional. NO BUG

POST ACTUAL FREAKING BUGS HERE, PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT BALANCE. MOVING THIS FROM THE BUG FORUM TO THE ENGINEER FORUM WAS HORRIBLE. HERE ARE SOME ACTUAL BUG EXAMPLES:

Well since the anet employee said:

The devs working on any specific profession will look in that forum for bug and issue reports, and for suggestions. I will move this thread to its proper profession-related forum. Thanks for understanding.

I think my post totally belonged in this thread , I still do.
Never said #3 was a bug , it just might be a mistake.
Ground targeting is scheisse, removing it was a suggestion.

You are right about #4 being picked up all the time. The animation makes it disappear real slow, I just assumed when I walked over it, it wasn’t picked up.

edit: you are right i had mistaken “forum” for “thread”.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

• Some people were unsure about the Mortar’s projectile finisher working: We previously had confirmation that the projectile finisher was supposed to proc as long as the explosion hits a combo field. If anyone has severe heartburn about it, I can dig up the red post about it with some work.
  • Explosive Powder does not properly proc on Mortar, making us miss 10% damage:

If you have time can you dig up the thread, all I ever saw was the livestream with the “it will be able to combo finish statement” but they didn’t say what type of combo.

Explosive powder and steel-packed powder are both affecting mortar 1, didn’t bother to test the other 3.

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

If you have time can you dig up the thread, all I ever saw was the livestream with the “it will be able to combo finish statement” but they didn’t say what type of combo.

Explosive powder and steel-packed powder are both affecting mortar 1, didn’t bother to test the other 3.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/What-s-the-deal-with-Mortar/first#post5165482

Here you go. Forgot that Digital actually put it in the google doc!

As far as the explosive powder goes, people had varying results, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. Would have to check if it works once more, probably on the silverwastes dummies. Easiest place to test these things.

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

My lowest hit without explosive powder was 649, with explosive and 3 vuln it was 737. 649*1.1*1.03 = 735.3 seems to be right around where it should be. 649 is 2408 power and had 1000+ tests, 737 is 2408 power and had ~70 hits, 737 showed up 4 times

Edit: Ye, that is a terrible description, technically it does give the pop-up :P

Edit: Retested a month later, 736 is the lowest hit with explosives traited.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

My lowest hit without explosive powder was 649, with explosive and 3 vuln it was 737. 649*1.1*1.03 = 735.3 seems to be right around where it should be. 649 is 2408 power and had 1000+ tests, 737 is 2408 power and had ~70 hits, 737 showed up 4 times

Edit: Ye, that is a terrible description, technically it does give the pop-up :P

Yep, explosives powder seems to finally be applied now. It’s not listed yet but whee.

Just a bunch of other bugs to go.

in Engineer

Posted by: thijsken.5031

thijsken.5031

blindbug : when you’re blinded and use your utility skill of grenade kit ( grenade barrage), there is a (+/-) 75% chance all your nades will miss and you will not have removed the blind at the end of the skill. I’m pretty sure this is a bug because a blind always made you miss one nade and let the rest hit ( since it is mutiple hits).

pullbug : do i even have to explain? This bug has been in the game forever and it seems it will be continue to do so.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

I am pretty sure Blind neutering barrage is due to, yet again, lazy and hastily done programming; piercing grenades being the original culprit. As for the pull bug, this goes beyond just Engineer and extends to all pulls. At least in our situation it seems to help if you do a little hop just before the pull activates to peek over any invisible walls that might impede the animation.

in Engineer

Posted by: RollFzzlbeef.4092

RollFzzlbeef.4092

dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but toolkit skills namely the AA and prybar now have cast timers where they used to be instant. at least 1 second casts now, even with power wrench trait

Rip and Tear

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

blindbug : when you’re blinded and use your utility skill of grenade kit ( grenade barrage), there is a (+/-) 75% chance all your nades will miss and you will not have removed the blind at the end of the skill. I’m pretty sure this is a bug because a blind always made you miss one nade and let the rest hit ( since it is mutiple hits).

this is as old as i can remember and i can remember back to near launch

the exact repro of this is:

standard grenades (nades 1, barrage) do not remove blind unless the projectile hits a target. if the aoe from a grenades hits the target, blind is not removed and it registers a miss. if the grenade projectile hits the target, blind is removed and it registers a miss.

the easiest workaround is to use nades 2/3/4/5 or some other skill, because all of the other nades that come with an extra condition natively dont suffer from the issue of their explosions not removing blind.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

i use bombs – does the same thing of nades –
1st-3rd skill (bomb and concussion bomb) miss
if its 2-4-5 skill that pulses miss 1st pulse then the others hit

1 target or 5….

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

thijsken.5031

standard grenades (nades 1, barrage) do not remove blind unless the projectile hits a target. if the aoe from a grenades hits the target, blind is not removed and it registers a miss. if the grenade projectile hits the target, blind is removed and it registers a miss.

the easiest workaround is to use nades 2/3/4/5 or some other skill, because all of the other nades that come with an extra condition natively dont suffer from the issue of their explosions not removing blind.

This isn’t really a solution because if you want to do a pull – grenade barrage combo and get blinded when you pulled your target you can’t just throw normal nades to remove the blind and then grenade barrage. There are a lot of “random” blinds in this game mostly from ele ( when you get burned by an ele you get blinded) so this solution isn’t all that great.

(edited by thijsken.5031)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

This isn’t really a solution because if you want to do a pull – grenade barrage combo and get blinded when you pulled your target you can’t just throw normal nades to remove the blind and then grenade barrage. There are a lot of “random” blinds in this game mostly from ele ( when you get burned by an ele you get blinded) so this solution isn’t all that great.

no it isnt great, its a really annoying bug. but it is possible to work around.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

But then again, when do you ever get burned by an elementalist? Oh, wait…
I’m not playing every class actively, but it seems to me the engineer is by far the number one bugged.
Hey Anet, do you homework! -.-

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

+ Old trait elixir infused bomb should become baseline but it don’t work, please fix it

in Engineer

thijsken.5031

Blindbug still not fixed i guess we have to wait a couple months more.

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Skill queuing on Bunker Down and Static Discharge still around I imagine?

Its not like this makes builds with either of these traits an exercise in frustration or anything…

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Shouldn’t the HgH trait be lowering the cool down of “Elixir Shell” and and increasing its duration?

I haven’t had time to test it, the duration, but the cool down certainly doesn’t change.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Shouldn’t the HgH trait be lowering the cool down of “Elixir Shell” and and increasing its duration?

I haven’t had time to test it, the duration, but the cool down certainly doesn’t change.

I can confirm, duration NOT affected but HGH, only by Siege rounds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Glue bomb and big old bomb are still missing 60 range.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

at august the 25.:

Zealot’s Embrace: Fixed a bug that required this skill to fully recharge if the cast was interrupted by the target moving behind the caster.

The same bug seems to exist with blowtorch, please fix that one too (pistol 4#)

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Wow, Anet.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Wow, Anet.

Math is hard…

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Is it an actual bug? In one of the other threads mentioned that +60 range wasn’t the promise just that 240 radius would be the baseline.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Sold Out.7625

Is it an actual bug? In one of the other threads mentioned that +60 range wasn’t the promise just that 240 radius would be the baseline.

The 240 range wasn’t properly applied – it’s there visually but not in actual gameplay. Anet fixed that finally – and forgot two of the bombs.

So this is an exercise in frustration. That and the skill queue bug with static discharge.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Bugfixing at it best

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Originally all bombs had 180 range, glue bomb had 240 and big old 300. The old bomb trait increased those ranges to 240, 300 and 360. Right now all bombs are 240 and big old 300.

Also mortar toolbelt seems not to be 360. Mesmer TW is 360 and the distance zoomed out between char and minimap is 360 – orbital strike seems more to be 300 like big old. If you explode a 240 fire bomb on you and then just put the orbital strike marker on you, thats NEVER 50% more radius. :P

in Engineer

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

There are so many bugs still OMG
Engineer is no longer any goal, even when we would be in this situation?
The HoT is there and we have numerous problems due to minor corrections, I wonder what the situation will be after the HoT. chaotic

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

in Engineer

morrolan.9608

The 240 range wasn’t properly applied – it’s there visually but not in actual gameplay. Anet fixed that finally – and forgot two of the bombs.

But glue bomb already has 240 range and BOB 300, maybe they never intended to increase them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Afaik they mentioned the “+60 range for bombs” trait will be baseline. Therefore:
bomb 1-3: 180 range → 240 range
bomb 5: 240 range → 300 range
bob: 300 → 360 range

in Engineer

morrolan.9608

Afaik they mentioned the “+60 range for bombs” trait will be baseline. Therefore:
bomb 1-3: 180 range -> 240 range
bomb 5: 240 range -> 300 range
bob: 300 -> 360 range

OK if thats the case they are bugged.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Just for eradicating any misunderstandings:

Pre July 23. untraited:

• bomb 1-4: 180 range
  • glue bomb: 240 range
  • big ol’ bomb: 300 range

Pre July 23. traited:

• bomb 1-4: 240 range
  • glue bomb: 300 range
  • big ol’ bomb: 360 range

Post July 23.:

• bomb 1-4: 180 range

Pre August 25. (wich was my brithday, what a present ANet ;D):

• bomb 1-4: 240 range

in Engineer

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

No toolbelt skill for racial elites still. I will continue reporting this as a bug until it’s either fixed or we are told there will never be any. I would even be fine with some generic skill that encompasses them all

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

Charr Mortar animation is slower than the old animation. I don’t know why they changed it, or if it was intentional, but I hate it and if anyone else hates it, bring attention to it and let ANet know.