Engineer Bugs (Updated & Consolidated)

in Engineer

Posted by: Altwazar.3708

Altwazar.3708

It seems to be a strange bug with flamethrower and mortar kit projectiles when I use them at maximum range. If I use an ability (napalm from flamethrower or any fields from mortar kit) and take a several steps back before the projectile has landed, it lands in front of the target location, i.e. it “moves” back with me.
Video with bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_-oqEBZJ8

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

It seems to be a strange bug with flamethrower and mortar kit projectiles when I use them at maximum range. If I use an ability (napalm from flamethrower or any fields from mortar kit) and take a several steps back before the projectile has landed, it lands in front of the target location, i.e. it “moves” back with me.
Video with bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_-oqEBZJ8

Noticed those aswell and it’s pretty darn’ annoying. But glad you made such a clear video about it, now ANet knows

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Right, I know this isn’t a game bug. It’s a developer bug. He’s bugged out and won’t make coated bullets base line on the pistol.

Not sure how to correct a Dev bug…. Maybe packet of biscuits would cheers him up enough to give us back our trait… You know, the one that’s always been baseline for rifles.. And the rifle did get its rifled barrels…

Not saying I want rifled barrels but just coat my bullets Mr Dev…
Maybe some hobnobs in it for you :-D

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Revealed/Lock On trait bugged

As my testing indicate, the trait Lock On although applies Revealed, the thief does not lose his stealth.. Meaning the trait is close to useless.
Tested with Thief’s SR and Blasted Stealth, didn’t worked. I can see the last 1-2 second of Revealed when the Stealth ran out, I see the gained Vigor when the traits activate, but it will not kick him out of stealth.
As of now, it will deny any more application of stealth, knocking him out of Stealth only if he wanted to get more, but will not Reveal if he’s just sitting there doing nothing.

Examples:
1.)Thief using SR → hit him with Lock On while SR pulsing → next pulse will reveal him
2.)Thief Blasting for Stealth → hit him with Lock On → Next blast will reveal him
3.) Thief used SR/blasted for Stealth, now sitting in Stealth → Hit him with Lock On → he is still in stealth for the whole duration.

And as an extra, he has the Revealed buff, so with the trait , that’s +200 power for him and still sitting in Stealth, perfect for a Backstab ^^

You can say that it’s working as intended , but… really?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Detonate Supply Crate detonates three turrets but is a single blast finisher.

(edited by guildabd.6529)

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

As my testing indicate, the trait Lock On although applies Revealed, the thief does not lose his stealth.. Meaning the trait is close to useless.
Tested with Thief’s SR and Blasted Stealth, didn’t worked. I can see the last 1-2 second of Revealed when the Stealth ran out, I see the gained Vigor when the traits activate, but it will not kick him out of stealth.
As of now, it will deny any more application of stealth, knocking him out of Stealth only if he wanted to get more, but will not Reveal if he’s just sitting there doing nothing.

Examples:
1.)Thief using SR -> hit him with Lock On while SR pulsing -> next pulse will reveal him
2.)Thief Blasting for Stealth -> hit him with Lock On -> Next blast will reveal him
3.) Thief used SR/blasted for Stealth, now sitting in Stealth -> Hit him with Lock On -> he is still in stealth for the whole duration.

And as an extra, he has the Revealed buff, so with the trait , that’s +200 power for him and still sitting in Stealth, perfect for a Backstab ^^

Strange was dueling today and didn’t have issues with it.

in Engineer

Bubi.5237

Examples:
1.)Thief using SR -> hit him with Lock On while SR pulsing -> next pulse will reveal him
2.)Thief Blasting for Stealth -> hit him with Lock On -> Next blast will reveal him
3.) Thief used SR/blasted for Stealth, now sitting in Stealth -> Hit him with Lock On -> he is still in stealth for the whole duration.

I tested it with my friend and not in actual combat, maybe he had some strange trait to deny it (he did not play spvp for a long time, pve-slacker), or I don’t know..
I got the Vigor, I saw the 10 stack Vulns on him, saw the last 1-2 sec of Revealed when he got out from Stealth.. strange. Maybe I should make Vids of it next time?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Ugh, how long is this SkillQing bug gonna be a problem.
I can’t keep struggling with SD like this!

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

AMR still not resetting cleansing burst. Whoever said it was fixed is a little wrong.

in Engineer

Bubi.5237

~snip~

Just made a noob vid: https://youtu.be/ChkGHOISMcQ
1.)Using Lock On while SR is ticking will make the Thief lost Stealth at next Tick.
2.)Using Lock On after SR will not make the Thief lose Stealth.
3.)Using Lock On while Thief is Blasting for Stealth will make him lose the Stealth at the next Blast. (Hard to see, but I believe it’s working this way.)

I see it as they coded “Revealed” so you can’t ENTER stealth while you have the buff but it will not remove it.

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

It’s the literal Reveal buff being applied, not the definition of the word being used. It’s like crippling your foe vs. Crippling your foe. A crippled person can be crippled in more ways than just slowed movement speed, but the game’s definition supersedes anything else. It’s a badly worded description, but the functionality is matching what is described.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

in Engineer

Bubi.5237

It’s the literal Reveal buff being applied, not the definition of the word being used. It’s like crippling your foe vs. Crippling foe. A crippled person can be crippled in more ways than just slowed movement speed, but the game’s definition supersedes anything else. It’s a badly worded description, but the functionality is matching what is described.

That’s why I said it’s working as intended, but.. What’s your gain to Reveal an enemy who can just sit in stealth for the duration? It is supposed to be a counter to stealth, but right now it’s maybe a minor annoyance.. I can do more with “normal” Analyze as I can time it when I see they’re using pistol poo, while this trait will trigger only if you can hit them while they are already in stealth..

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Med-Kit is triggering sigills and runes which grant something for each healing skill activations. It should be on F1, like the engineer traits which benefit healing skills.

Health insurance does not increase your rezzing. Don’t know, is this intended? I got the thought healing power and healing in general should benefit rezzing.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Med-Kit is triggering sigills and runes which grant something for each healing skill activations. It should be on F1, like the engineer traits which benefit healing skills.

Health insurance does not increase your rezzing. Don’t know, is this intended? I got the thought healing power and healing in general should benefit rezzing.

I disagree. I think the traits should work when equipping the medkit, like they used too. I feel that is what should be changed back, and not changing it so that runes and sigils function on F1 use.

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

What’s your gain to Reveal an enemy who can just sit in stealth for the duration?

I would assume to counter traits that benefit from being in stealth by limiting how much they can have at a time. But Idk why the cd is so long if classes can access stealth more readily than you can counter it, and any long duration stealths are unaffected.

in Engineer

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

71 days have passed and we still have many bugs. Anet give us attention and enable our class again please?

We have one build 100% viable and functional to play sPvP and WvW, PvE is something that does not require much …

I get very discouraged to continue playing without being able to use my main class

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

in Engineer

Bubi.5237

What’s your gain to Reveal an enemy who can just sit in stealth for the duration?

I would assume to counter traits that benefit from being in stealth by limiting how much they can have at a time. But Idk why the cd is so long if classes can access stealth more readily than you can counter it, and any long duration stealths are unaffected.

Let’s see spvp:
Revealed duration when you broke your stealth by attacking: 4 second
Revealed duration from Lock On trait: 6 seconds
Usual Stealth duration from simple Leap finisher: 3 seconds (if traited 4 seconds, but on average we can count it as 3, they’ll not always wait for the last moment to backstab)
That means if you can hit the thief 1 sec after he stealthed, you’ll deny his second stealth for 6 seconds, from which he is in stealth for 2 seconds.
If you have no Lock On, it’s ~3 second stealth and 4 seconds revealed from attacking.
If you have Lock On, it’s ~3 second stealth and 4 seconds revealed from trait after he left stealth.
So if Revealed is not stacking (don’t think so), then you have the same result with or without Lock On.

The only situation when you’re better off with Lock On if you can hit an enemy while he’s stacking stealth.. which is in sPvP most of the time SR.. But then you could just high-AoE the SR and almost the same result, a dead-thief.

Against mesmers.. they’re not spamming stealth so much as thieves, your gain is less. It’s close to useless against other Engis, Toss Elixir S is not spammable.. ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Mechanized Deployment does not reduce recharge of Bandage Self.

in Engineer

Posted by: GreenRipper.6432

GreenRipper.6432

Anet has no sla?
Where is the quality and organization of the company in solving problems?

Nightmare Clown – RUSH guild [Yak’s Bend]
www.twitch.tv/nightmare_clown

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Focused on their new classes/specs, no doubt.

Here’s another gripe: I played engineer a lot pre-patch and my fingers know the rotations pretty well. Post-patch though, they just don’t work. I don’t get it. The skill cooldowns and activations haven’t changed, but the skills don’t go off. Like, I’ll swap to nades, throw a few, but only one will actually complete. I assume this is kind of related to the skill queue interrupt bug (WHICH IS STILL THERE AFTER HOW MANY MONTHS?) It’s a source of great frustration in pvp when you expect certain things to happen and they just don’t.

Other targeted cast times seem to take too long as well. Eg. Orbital Strike. It says 3/4 seconds, but it’s almost always interrupted, whereas other non-targeted skills with 3/4s cast times almost never are. If I want to actually cast Orbital Strike, it seems like I need to wait a full 2 seconds just to be sure it’s not interrupted (that is if it wasn’t already interrupted by my static discharge from throw wrench or something)

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

Here’s another gripe: I played engineer a lot pre-patch and my fingers know the rotations pretty well. Post-patch though, they just don’t work. I don’t get it. The skill cooldowns and activations haven’t changed, but the skills don’t go off. Like, I’ll swap to nades, throw a few, but only one will actually complete. I assume this is kind of related to the skill queue interrupt bug (WHICH IS STILL THERE AFTER HOW MANY MONTHS?) It’s a source of great frustration in pvp when you expect certain things to happen and they just don’t.

SD and bunker down will cause problems with toolbelt skills by lengthening the apparent aftercast time. Some traits were removed that shortened cds on ft & grenades changing those kit rotations slightly.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Other targeted cast times seem to take too long as well. Eg. Orbital Strike. It says 3/4 seconds, but it’s almost always interrupted, whereas other non-targeted skills with 3/4s cast times almost never are. If I want to actually cast Orbital Strike, it seems like I need to wait a full 2 seconds just to be sure it’s not interrupted (that is if it wasn’t already interrupted by my static discharge from throw wrench or something)

Definitely the skillQ that is the problem. I don’t see it being fixed soon, ive rerolled to thief in the meantime. They might be kinda kittenty currenly but at least kitten works.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Not letting this hide on second page.

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Not sure about that but: rocket boots does double blast finisher instead of just one. I will test it next days.

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

Not sure about that but: rocket boots does double blast finisher instead of just one. I will test it next days.

Only 1 blast activating.

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Only 1 blast activating.

K thx for clarification.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

And up with it, may the bugfix be with us

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

1) healing turret cleansing burst not stacking with healing power
2) autosmoke bomb despenser – smoke field (or change tooltip)
3) amr not resetting healing turret cleansing burst
4) soothing detonation not healing caster
5) magnet of toolkit isnt reliable
6) skill queue
7) alchemy transmute:
make it work that it converts X stacks of a condition (weapon or utility skill) to boon – all of them – not only 1 stack – or change tooltip (incoming condition – not incoming conditionS)
8) tools core – reactive lens – check and fix – because on some knockdown-knockback – doesnt trigger at all

regards

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

I’m still wondering if the mortar AA will stay as it is now or will it be “fixed” according to what they promised us about the aoe projectile finisher :/ ??

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I’m still wondering if the mortar AA will stay as it is now or will it be “fixed” according to what they promised us about the aoe projectile finisher :/ ??

Anet is busy with HoT, bug fixes will follow after release, I guess. There are many bugs especially for our beloved profession. Just enjoy the upcoming forge and keep hoping they will do all the adressed fixes in a while. ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

The forge will only make the bug list larger and it is even less time to fix it till HoT.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Magnet pull is extremely unreliable and buggy, making players do guesswork.

(for a long time now)

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I still have odd canceling effects when trying to use big ol bomb, orbital strike and fire bomb combinations

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

I still have odd canceling effects when trying to use big ol bomb, orbital strike and fire bomb combinations

Yep, still an issue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

todays fix,

“Profession Skills
Engineer

Fixed a bug in which the Grenadier trait made grenade throws less accurate."

seriously?… this is all that could be mustered?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

…well nades needed that but yeah kinda not such a big deal

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

coro.3176

Can someone please acknowledge that they are working on the skill queue interrupts and SD bugs?

Look. I can use my toolbelt skills about 12 times a minute. About 25% of those static discharges just shoot straight into the ground because the toolbelt skills are targeted (orbital strike, grenade barrage). All of them produce aftercast that reduces dps (lost time) and interrupts the next skill I try to use (more lost time).

Add, say 15 crit procs per minute for bunker down (not completely sure about this one) and that’s almost 30 interrupts per minute. That is a game bug slapping me in the face every 2 seconds.

I hope you can see how much of a problem this is. Please just say you’re working on it.

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

So… I’m really sorry to players and the devs to have disappeared on you.

Real life is real life and I won’t lie, what little time I had I did spend in game. My time has freed up though, so I am going to begin the process of updating the Google Doc with the recent patches that fixed things first, and then go through this thread to catalog and test where appropriate.

Thanks and I hope to have updates rolling in here quickly.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Thanks for being a bro digital, i was just checking back in on this forum to see if anything had been said about coated bullets and rifled barrels, cuz pistol still lacking full love it deserves.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Did anyone mention the aiming bug with the flamethrower auto and elixir gun 3?
Before the big class update, you couldn’t aim your flamethrower into the ground even with your camera right on top but it keeps happening now.

To reproduce, pan your camera higher than your shoulders, spam your FT1, run forward and hold right click.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Did anyone mention the aiming bug with the flamethrower auto and elixir gun 3?
Before the big class update, you couldn’t aim your flamethrower into the ground even with your camera right on top but it keeps happening now.

To reproduce, pan your camera higher than your shoulders, spam your FT1, run forward and hold right click.

That’s just a visual bug – the FT and EG fumigate did and still do ALWAYS straigt forward into the direction YOU are watching. Forget about ALL the animations you see. Those are even differnt from what your allies see.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

scrapper is neato.

please fix magnet pull, etc, etc.

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

lets speak of scrapper and gyro, don’t correct bugs!

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

Elixir gun 4 goes a reduced distance while carrying orbs in spirit watch.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Soooooo irenio finally said something on the forum. Thats nice…

Can we get feedback now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

According to the twitchcon schedule, there is a balance changes preview coming this afternoon. Why don’t we wait and see if any bug fixes snuck in there before we go crazy bugging Irenio about it.

in Engineer

Posted by: lokimut.6475

lokimut.6475

Med Blaster always target enemys when you use autotargeting in Options.

in Engineer

coro.3176

Bump: skill queue bug with static discharge is still kittened and is a huge hit to dps / playability.

in Engineer

Posted by: BertBoy.9031

BertBoy.9031

thnx m8……………………….

Bert -Rifle engi till i croak
www.Twitch.tv/gravityily

in Engineer

SlyDevil.3952

Explosives is still interacting the exact same as a month ago when I tested it, I have no idea what was changed. Link to post from a page back https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Bugs-Updated-Consolidated/page/7#post5406059.