Engineer Bugs (Updated & Consolidated)

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Anyone else notice that electro-whirl (hammer #2) seems slow to start the reflect? It feels to me as if it is a little slow on the response. Compared to magnetic shield, it feels a little slow to respond for reflects.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

- Sometimes, even with final salvo, gyros (I’ve seen it on bulwark and blast) don’t give superspeed or lightning field. The gyro is on cooldown, but without detonate and it stays on the map doing nothing.
- Sometimes Hammer 3 still make you jump far from your target.

in Engineer

Posted by: Explosia.9164

Explosia.9164

Medic Gyro doesn’t trigger healing traits in Inventions line.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Will will bring this up for the dev, so they dont need to search the forum

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Will will bring this up for the dev, so they dont need to search the forum

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Super elixir doesn’t work when you are standing on an ENEMY STRUCTURE in wvw.

video proof watch from 0:34 (i shoot the super elixir under my feet but you can’t see it because bandicam doesn’t record my cursor)
https://youtu.be/0HUalqUlDcc

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Detection Pulse has 300 Range not the listed 900.

Bulwark Gyro’s Tool Bet skill Defense Field last about 2 or 3 seconds after the shield animation is over.

(edited by Holesale.2640)

in Engineer

santenal.1054

The tooltip on elixir guns and mortars elixir skills say they give 24s might instead of the actual duration of 18s (15s HGH + 20% alchemical trinctures).

Toss elixir x still doesn’t remove a condi with alchemical trinctures.

Air blast does not apply its burning damage on targets that aren’t burning already.

in Engineer

Posted by: lokimut.6475

lokimut.6475

You can have 2 Sneak Gyros active at the same time and unlimited stealth in all gamemodes.
Full description:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/2-Sneak-Gyros-active-at-the-same-time/

in Engineer

Posted by: Jortakk.6792

Jortakk.6792

some elixir gun skills do not apply might when underwater.

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Anyone else notice that electro-whirl (hammer #2) seems slow to start the reflect? It feels to me as if it is a little slow on the response. Compared to magnetic shield, it feels a little slow to respond for reflects.

Both Electro-Whirl (2) and Shock Shield (4) appear less responsive than Gear Shield or the shield skills. Perhaps a matter of aftercast time with the hammer abilities?

Btw, the ability queuing between weapon/kit and toolbelt is borked, since about forever. Activating Static Discharge makes it even worse. And that’s one of our best traits.
This is seriously annoying.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Did .. did they fix something?

I just checked that, and I think the skill queue bug has been reduced if not eliminated. I can now use a toolbelt skill and another skill without it being interrupted by the static discharge proc.

I can’t confirm that it’s not slowing things down a bit. I think it might be, but it seems much faster and isn’t interrupting my other skills like it was a week ago.

Is it just me?

in Engineer

Posted by: Soupinator.6970

Soupinator.6970

Function gyro is very broken at the moment. While it works correctly in small group instances like fractals, in large engagements like world bosses it is extremely buggy. I experience about a 75% failure rate where it will either do nothing after being summoned, or – and this has happened several times – it will just move off and revive a completely random nearby player who I never targeted while the person who was in the most danger I was trying to revive ends up dying because of it.

There is no visual indicator that I’ve been able to see of stomp progress with the function gyro. It makes it extremely difficult to gauge whether or not the gyro will survive long enough to finish its stomp while it’s been attacked, or when it needs to be interrupted if an enemy gyro is stomping a teammate.

Reviving a player with the gyro also rewards no exp.

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Bulwark gyro no longer gets a 95 percent damage reduction from transfered damage.

I realize this is a bug fix but it makes the bulwark horribly worthless even in pve.

Absolute trash.

And no the toolbelts are not what i roll gyros for.

I mean how much hp does this thing have? 2k?

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

New Patchnotes and nothing about engineers in it, not one bugfix, this is ridiculous.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

• Spare Capacitor (Shreder Gyro Toolbelt skill) – isn’t affected by Impact Sevant.
    It should be 2,5s instead of 2s daze.
Trust me. I’m engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Rocket Jump is affected by movement impeding conditions.

At least I think so.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

Maybe some day someone will care about it, and up, i think this thread should be sticky.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I think we need to reorganize this thread in a new one. Its a bit hard to read.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

And if this was intentional, please tell my why, like did a lot of people want faster explosions that you can’t almost even see and the cave trolls rumble sound to skill 2.

Yes, an engineer could completely cover a boss in explosion effects making skilled group play very hard, especially with 10 ppl going into raids. So the effects were turned down to make boss tells somewhat easier to see, unfortunately, in groups you still can’t see the tells with all of the effects created, especially under quickness.

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

“Engineer
Toss Elixir X: Fixed a bug with this skill that prevented it from transforming rangers who were in Celestial Avatar form.
Impact Savant: This trait should now be reflected in the skill facts of appropriate skills.
Fire Bomb: Reduced the visual noise on the effects associated with this skill.
Orbital Strike: Adjusted the warm-up on this skill to be slightly more prominent.”

Still not adresses many bugs and no overview of the scrapper core mechanic :/

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

We were waiting for this day. The bugs polishing! The scrapper fix!
Plop!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Just tried this, but Smoke Screen from flame turret doesn’t produce the smoke field or the blind.

in Engineer

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

Magnet pull still bugged they just trip and fall on their face. Was roaming like 2 hours ago and it was still happening it also happens for thief and scorpion wire

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

in Engineer

Posted by: Phoenix.6149

Phoenix.6149

After some testing in PvP, the Scrapper perk “Impact Savant”, is not stacking with Rune of Melandru, although both are indeed working individually.

Using a 3 second stun, it is reduced to a 2.25s stun. This is equivalent to one working (3 * 0.75). Experience was the same with a 2s stun, as well as when the enemy uses a rune of paralyzation.

Not sure if this is intentional behaviour, but I don’t see it mentioned.

in Engineer

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

Just tried this, but Smoke Screen from flame turret doesn’t produce the smoke field or the blind.

I tested this out the other day and I was able to get the smoke field and the blinding pulse from the flame turret overcharge. Was there a specific area you were using it when this occurred? Or any other details that may lead to the bug occurring?

in Engineer

Posted by: Eskepesk.4106

Eskepesk.4106

Hammer #3 Rocket Charge.
Not affected by Quickness.
Third leap states it makes a combo finisher in combo fields yet yields no effect for doing so.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hammer #3
Third leap states it makes a combo finisher in combo fields yet yields no effect for doing so.

The finisher happens at the beginning of each jump, not in the end, wich might lead to confusion.It works fine.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Glob shot only bounces 1 time in a 1 vs 1 situation while the tooltip says it should bounce 3 times (it can bounce 3 times because it can bounce off of the player himself granting him swiftness). This means it loses 50% of its damage and utility in a 1vs1 situation. It does bounce 3 times but only when multiple enemies are present.

In the third part of the video you can see that glob shot can bounce off of the player in a 1vsX situation, I wonder why it doesn’t do the same in a 1 vs 1 situation. This is a bug right?

other:
Toss elixir x still doesn’t remove a condi with alchemical trinctures.

Air blast still doesn’t do its burning damage on enemies that aren’t burning already, so it’s in conflict with the tooltip.

Super elixir doesn’t work on enemy structures in wvw.

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Med gyro and cleanse gyro are passive when summoned and stare blankly at me for their duration without using their heal or condicleanse once. Been doing it since wintersday i think.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Med gyro and cleanse gyro are passive when summoned and stare blankly at me for their duration without using their heal or condicleanse once. Been doing it since wintersday i think.

Confirmed. Those two gyros do absolutely NOTHING anymore. This one is a major issue and should be hotfixed asap. Hoping for next tuesday :/

merry x-mas ._.’’

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”