Engineer Condition Damage aura

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

So according to a leak on reddit, Engineer will be getting a trait aura (similar to Empower allies) that gives 150 condition damage to 5 allies.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

sounds good

the only other thing we need is top dps for top effort, you know, to (significantly) edge out other classes since were forced to kit dance for dps.

…oh and to make our might blasting rotations less vulnerable to (enemy) fields and poorly timed activation delays. as in, if you dont take short fuse (a power build wants shaped charge), you cant do BoB→orbital→firebomb and get 6 might. and thats a terrible design decision because you have 2 other skills to cast and blast while the fire field is going. it did not used to be like this pre-hot. it is one of the reasons i play engi less now, because it got harder to compress your blasts into the 3 sec fire bomb between bad programming changes and nerfs to healing turret in addition to other classes getting the ability to cap group might by autoattacking.

…sorry dont mean to complain in a thread that should be joyful. im glad we are rumored to be getting a party buff.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I just hope they’re not going to just give us this aura and be like “There we go, Engineer is completely fine now.”

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh how ironic.

First thing I wrote in the balance thread was whether the balance patch would consider WvW for once – where condition damage remains out of control in certain setups – or just sPvP/PvE.

Then one read about this… This wont make a lick of difference for the engineer balance as a whole, it will only empower dire/trailblazer. Now with friend benefits!

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Speculation time, which traitline will get the buff?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Speculation time, which traitline will get the buff?

I would be highly surprised if the trait changed to that functionality isn’t Pinpoint Distribution in the Firearms traitline. What else could it be?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

they could shoehorn it into scrapper since we’ve all been complaining so much about scrapper being useless in pve

but I’d like to think pinpoint distribution makes more sense too

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Wouldnt surprise me if they add it to some useless line no one use and still wont use.

But hey as long as they dont nerf that critical passive 25% daze duration on my final salvo P/P scrapper…

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

they could shoehorn it into scrapper since we’ve all been complaining so much about scrapper being useless in pve

but I’d like to think pinpoint distribution makes more sense too

I already made this joke to my friend, when he said he is going to reroll engi just for the new trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

The new aura is going to be in place of Pinpoint Distribution. This was a lesser revealed part of the leaked info that has been circulating.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So it’s going to be another nerf disguised as a buff?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Fire Bomb: The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 10% per tick.

Keep your expectations low gentlemen.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eldar.5146

Eldar.5146

I also heard that blowtorch gets buffed and the trait that gives +7%dmg on vulned gets increased to +10%.
But I guess in the end it just depends on how hard Tempest gets nerfed to give Engi a spot in raids.

qT

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

Fire Bomb: The physical damage of this ability has been increased by 10% per tick.
Rocket Boots: The initial damage of this ability has been increased by 25%.

Keep your expectations low gentlemen.

So very low indeed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I can see how this can help for condi team comps, but we are gonna need more than this, like the other auras, im sure it cant be stacked, so we will require something else than just an aura for bring stuff to the party

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

in Engineer

Posted by: Frost.5017

Frost.5017

It’ll also depend on the implementation of the condi aura as well. For example if it’s a trait, it may get engie’s a spot back in raids, but the cost may be to run a ‘mandatory’ condi aura trait, in a now mandatory trait line.

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

It’ll also depend on the implementation of the condi aura as well. For example if it’s a trait, it may get engie’s a spot back in raids, but the cost may be to run a ‘mandatory’ condi aura trait, in a now mandatory trait line.

If AngelsShadow.7360 is right then it’ll be in Arms replacing 10% of precision into condi damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

If AngelsShadow.7360 is right then it’ll be in Arms replacing 10% of precision into condi damage.

Engineer: We wanted to boost up less used traits and give the engineer some group support, so Health Insurance now is Alchemy distribution: it provides up to 150 condition dmg to allies while using med kit.

Yes, in alchemy line…

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

WHILE USING MED KIT.

Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

WHILE USING MED KIT.

Sad thing is, I could actually see them doing this. In their mentality they’d be buffing med kit and helping us in raids at the same time, so clearly a win/win.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

Yes, I know. That’s why I’m suffering preventively.

Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

The strange thing , is that no one of them think of make Elixirs tool belt skills a kind of area buff , that has a radius factor without the need of ground target(similar to shouts).

Or they should give Kits some nice aura/ or skill on equip that has group benefits , like they were in the first year of gw2 ;
- ex. : equipping Flamethrower used to give a flame blast on location cleaning 2 condis,or equipping elixir gun used to give the #5 of EG on engy location (double EG#5 was awesome) , and on this wave give every kit a passive skill , support oriented , for every kit , and finally revert the ridicolous global CD on kit swap skills,and assign the CD individually for every single kit swap (like it was the first year ).

I keep watching from 4 years engineer recieving great skills for group support or selfish benefits,to only get nerfed and modified in a way that make the skills or traits useless , leaving the job half done , badly projected , badly executed , and not even repaired with some sort of half way compromise.

Take the scrapper and the Daze on Gyros,now the genius that removed the Daze on Gyros , made the half effort ,because we have kitteneless trait on Scrapper specialization tree that gives +25% daze duration….and we can’t daze anymore like the interrupting machine we were before(gyros daze was awesome in passive defensive situation).
If you remove the daze from gyros , you should at least rework the associated trait.
This is just another badly projected,badly executed,poorly implemented modification that we got some patch agò.
Like just give the gyros daze effect an internal CD was too much of a brainstorming…half compromise are not allowed.
We were too much of a CC machine…then you have thieves and mesmers that do damage on interrupts,and can CC chain you with interrupts for days.

There are tons of ways to make the engineer more usefull,but i don’t know,when it comes to balance patchs,i find this company a bit “slow” in realize things,and they “rush” too much destroying things with a no sense skill “nerf”.

They do a balance patch once every 4 or 6 months , i mean….how is it possible in 4 months they can’t do a proper class big picture and a proper plan to modify the class without do the job half done like in the examples before?

Oh then again,do you guys remember that weapon engineer used to have,called “rifle”?
Belive it or not, we have a weapon called rifle,untouched for 1 year since HoT ,till some month agò,when they “buffed” it.

And seriusly,i hope there will be A LOT MORE than a passive trait that buffs 150 condi damage or that gives a 10-20% more condi duration to the party,because we deserve more than this.

Yes,i’m talking to you dear sneaky Developer reading in silence.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

The aura would improve our group utility, but +Condi Damage is the worst of all the auras.

Power from warriors is useful on ANY build, power or condi.
Precision from Rangers is useful on ANY build, power or condi.
Lifesteal from Necros is useful on MOST builds, power or condi.
Condi is useful ONLY on condi builds.

Keep this in mind.

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

The aura would improve our group utility, but +Condi Damage is the worst of all the auras.

Keep this in mind.

Okay it’s a stretch but some power builds have traits that proc conditions and so a condi damage aura would improve their dps, if only slightly.

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Keep this in mind.

Okay it’s a stretch but some power builds have traits that proc conditions and so a condi damage aura would improve their dps, if only slightly.

Condi duration aura would be better.
It would improve the application of soft CC like chill and cripple for breakbar disruption and would help with vul stacking… while also helping with the condi dmg for condi builds…

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

what if it was a bleed on crit aura instead of a condi damage aura hmm

or like a random damaging condi instead of bleed cuz engi rng

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in Engineer

Lahmia.2193

Keep this in mind.

Condi duration aura would be better.
It would improve the application of soft CC like chill and cripple for breakbar disruption and would help with vul stacking… while also helping with the condi dmg for condi builds…

The only problem with that would be that it would become less useful to the builds it was meant for, aka condi builds as they would likely already have capped their condi duration.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Regardless of power or condi spec, the aura is a huge win for the Engi. Remember, even power specs have 920 condi dmg through might and banners and almost every profession has either bleed or burn on crit.

I’ve also heared about other buffs for us to boost our personal dps. I think we will be in a very good spot, like, take 1-2 for sure. Since the trait seems to be Pinpoint Distribution, the Engi itself loses around 50 condi dmg, but the aura makes up for that big times.

I’m rather hyped but I hope we won’t be max dps after the patch. I’d rather like to see 1-2 Engis instead of Engi replacing Ele. But with the upcoming thief changes, I think he’ll be the new top.

But it’s only a few more hours to wait, lets see! I from my part will probably do the new Engi skill priority list spreadsheets within a week or so.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Keep this in mind.

Toughness from guardians is useful on NO builds, power or condi.

;)