Engineer DMG Display buggy??

in Engineer

Posted by: Dragisnaj.2053

Dragisnaj.2053

Is it only me or are the dmg values that are shwon when you fight other than the one which stands in the combatlog?

I see that mostly with grenades and the flamethrower it says me that i crit for over 50k and in log its only 2,5k so what now?

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I don’t recall Grenades hitting frequently enough to cause it, but Flamethrower is notorious for the fact that the damage accumulates on the floating number even between autoattacks, resulting in huge numbers that mislead people into thinking it has much better damage than it actually has (that is to say, “worthwhile”). Same thing may be happening with Grenade Kit (though that damage actually IS worthwhile).

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

It’s a thing with continuus attack that was added I think even before HoT. Some auto-attacks’ damage accumulates if un-interrupted, like Flamethrower’s or Mesmer Greatsword’s auto.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dragisnaj.2053

Dragisnaj.2053

:-( would be nice if they fix that …..

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Grenades will accumulate damage if you queue/throw them in a continuous barrage with quickness. I’ve seen it a few times.

The worst however is when you auto attack with the flamethrower and you don’t see any floating damage values. You have to swap weapons to reset the bug. Grenades also have a tendency to launch into space when there’s an inclined surface nearby and your ground targeting reticle is sloped. The interesting side effect is you can get very long range attacks as the grenades don’t explode until they collide with a surface. So if you aim downwards at a cliff face, if you get one of the grenades to miss the cliff, it will fall all the way to the bottom and hit whatever is down there. The bad thing is sometimes during heavy fighting the collision detection fails and you have grenades fall through the surface or through walls.