Engineer DPS spreadsheet

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

There has been a significant bit of chatter the last few days about people not “showing their work” on DPS calculations. I’ve cleaned up my Engineer DPS spreadsheet to the point where it is at least fit for people to look at. I’m not going to do basic math tutoring, but I’ll try to answer questions about the sheet for people.

Sheet

Quick summary for people who don’t want to play with it:

Condi engy – 20,040 DPS
Zerker engy – 16,638 DPS (Bombs)
Zerker engy – 16,597 DPS (Elixir Gun)

Both of those are sustained damage over a 10 minute+ fight length with 25 might/vuln, Banners and Empower Allies.

Those numbers are using the best possible rotation I’ve been able to find. I fully realize that those aren’t realistic to perform, but simplifying them quite a bit is not a massive DPS dropoff and it is easier for me to generate max DPS rotations for 10 minutes than to type out a simpler one by hand.

Somebody pointed out that I was using 5 kits in my zerker rotation, so I uploaded a new version with only 3 utility skills in the rotation. I also put a rabid backpack on since sinister isn’t available. I’ve adjusted the damage numbers accordingly.

edit 2 – I added Berserker rune functionality as a 5% multiplier and changed Poison Gas Mortar to only proc shrapnel once.

(edited by Knox.8962)

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Chroma.1053

Chroma.1053

I see an error in your zerker rotation: it is using skills from four utility kits (bomb, grenade, flamethrower and elixir gun)

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

I see an error in your zerker rotation: it is using skills from four utility kits (bomb, grenade, flamethrower and elixir gun)

So it is… I’ll have to crank out a new rotation and re-upload.

New version uploaded.

(edited by Knox.8962)

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Ok. I am mad now with someone… Berserker runes cost me a lot of gold. I usually test things on the golem but i didnt want to spend gold on pvp viper amulet, so… ok lesson learned.
Anyway, looks like condi> power and even more condi>>>power in not perfect parties setups.
Thanks for sharing!

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Ok. I am mad now with someone… Berserker runes cost me a lot of gold. I usually test things on the golem but i didnt want to spend gold on pvp viper amulet, so… ok lesson learned.
Anyway, looks like condi> power and even more condi>>>power in not perfect parties setups.
Thanks for sharing!

For dungeons and fractals, yes, but keep your zerker gear in the off-hand for now.

Boss can have resistance or condi-duration reduction, or be flat out immune to some conditions, and in raids, this can make a huge impact on what is good to run or not… maybe you’ll even switch builds inside the raid.

welp, at least I hope A-net made them complicated enough for me to worry about that with a reason, and not dishes out the next wave of trivial content.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Bereserker runes, not gear;-)
I actually enjoy more the zerker build and is what i run in open pve or dungeons

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Whoops, my bad^^

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: Anthony.1579

Anthony.1579

you tested this on a golem right ? i think that when it comes down to boss mechanics and adds, and movement, condition grenades should do the most desirable damage, or berserker single target damage should do the best.

I know i cannot argue with “facts” but if you just beat on a golem for 10 minutes, that doesn’t really give an accurate dps because of movement and fight mechanics and adds too.

I think condition pistols could give the best dps on a boss fight that is a “patchwork” style as world of warcraft says…

where you just sit of the boss’s back and dps for 25 mins.

I also know that zerker is stronger in pvp and spvp because player armor is smaller than a monster armor (and less health too).

But this is just my experience. I appreciate your calculations and i will take note of that for my self too.

Engineer DPS spreadsheet

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

on rune choice:

it depends on what sigils and wrench food you take. to burn and bleed, viper gives 38% or whatever, traits give 33%, and apple food gives 20%. thats ~90%. you need 10% more duration from something else: nightmare runes give 15%, sigil of malice gives 10%, toxic focusing crystal gives 10%. pick 1.

in my experience, toxic crystals are expensive and i rather have the 10% damage reduction from the relevant creature type pot. so the question becomes do i give up a sigil slot or my runes? personally i prefer having might duration from aristocracy so that i can easily maintain 9-18 party might (key word easily), because that adds so much more dps overall to a group than just maxing out my personal dps. now if i was gonna solo, its a toss up between malice+geomancy+berserker vs nightmare+bursting+geo vs aristocracy+strength+geo+toxic crystal. i havent run the numbers and i dont know whats technically “best”, but i do know that dungeons runs just go better when the party has might, and its unfortunately not the norm to pug into a group of people who realize just how important might is. it truly isnt safe to assume youll have 25 might in normal circumstances, but it is a valid assumption for dps spreadsheets and static groups because its a very attainable thing with a little coordination.

but it is pretty safe to build under the assumption that 100% duration is enough and you dont need 110-120% to make up for the 1-5 enemies out of 10000 who will reduce your condi duration. so dont overdo your condi duration. 97~103% is good enough.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions