Engineer... Medkit Support?

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Has anyone tried this out? How is the healing scaling on the medkit? Combined with the alchemy trait tree and Elixir gun? What kind of meaningful support could engineers provide this way? Would it be viable when compared to the support you can get from for instance an Elementalist? I know Engineers won’t even get close to the levels of support a Druid can provide, but hey… Fun thought.

I am considering starting a support build just for fun and see how it works, but I figured I’d ask here if anybody had already given it a go.

Maybe they can provide some serious boon application if you combine it with Leystone gear…

… But it doesn’t seem like they can share boons effectively, so maybe not.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Many people have tried the engi healer build, but it gets neglected by the high need of water fields, because the med kit by itself its very bad, the issue is, if engi has to heal via water fields, then the heal gets neglected by the other fields your teammates does, if your blast had priority in your own fields then maybe it would be more valuable to take engi as a support, but how it is right now, no.

Many people is asking for a med kit buff so badly, and i do too, buffing med kit would give us a new fresh way to play engi.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Med kit has terrible healing abilities. Throw skills have tiny pick-up area and terrible effect, travel slowly, and are single-target. With auto-attack, you can’t heal yourself and heals allies with tiny, unnoticeable amount. Healing turret is much, much better healing skill, and will be, even if you make a build around the medkit.
Elixir gun is far better at healing than Med Kit, so if you want a support build, focus on it, add Mortar (for water field+condi cleanse+blast, potentially double) and Alchemy trait line.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I’ve ran full cleric engineer in wvw for the lulz. it’s really beautifull with all the green but pretyt useless in reality, and you’ll get crap loots.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

The build is dead since they removed elixir infused bombs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

It is useless

here’s the scalings:

Base Healing: 99 (0.033)
Healing for Each Boon: 11 (0.0033)

heals 3 times per spray so even if we tripled the scaling that’d be
0.099 in other words a worthless 9% scaling with healing power on the base heal

and 0.99 % heal per boon so even assuming your allies had 24/7 12 boons med kit’ heals are still useless

the singular heals are better but they are single heals, with no radius, have to be manually aimed

in other words useless for group support

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This is the reworked version of the skill remember.

Just another clue to the fact that they have no idea what they are doing on Engineer. The rework is worse than the already terrible pre-rework version.

My only conclusion is that they literally do not have a designer at ANet that cares about Engineer and whoever does the balance for us does it as part of another job they have. Look at the last balance patch for all the evidence of that you need.

Rocket Boots physical damage buff, Fire Bomb physical damage buff…. GG ANet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

I’ve seen many agree on the fact that this might be the most useless feature in the entire game. The kit has nowhere near the potential to heal groups as other classes can and is just a waste of traits and slots in the skill bar.

As an idea it sounds relevant and fits the engi, but the execution is a fail.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heya!

Used it in raids, solo healer. It’s enough heal, even though it’s not the best. But besides heal (and condi cleanse), you do nothing else anymore.

Other game modes? No idea, but I’d say no too.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Medkit is terrible. The healing turret provides statistically larger amounts of healing between the rejuv and water field + burst and, unlike the medkit, allows you to provide said healing without stopping your damage. When using the medkit you do 0 damage.