Engineer Patch Notes 5/28/2013

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Engineer:

Glue Bomb skill: The radius of the effects is now consistent—240 units for all effects when untraited, 360 units for all effects when traited.

Steel-Packed Powder trait: Now applies when detonating turrets.

Fixed a bug that prevented certain traits from functioning correctly, including Rifled Turret Barrels, Metal Plating, and Autotool Installation.

Throw Mine and Mine Field skills: Certain friendly NPCs no longer detonate mines.

Scatter Mines skill: Recharge is no longer impacted by the Rifled Barrels trait.

Adrenaline Pump trait: Now works with turrets and racial skills.

Short Fuse trait: Now works underwater even when the Grenadier trait is equipped.

Inertial Converter trait: Now works underwater for the Grenade Barrage skill.

Rocket Kick skill: Now hits targets at maximum range.

Fire Bomb skill: No longer deletes the bomb if the player jumps at the wrong time.

Smoke Bomb skill: No longer deletes the bomb if the player jumps at the wrong time.

Discuss.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

No fix to Scope = fail.

in Engineer

Posted by: masterdesh.8943

masterdesh.8943

no love this month either guess Ill just go hide in a corner and wait till next patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Just bug fixes for every class, thats what they said they were gonna do this month anyways. At least Adrenaline pump works with turrets now

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think the focus on bugfixes is great. Sure, there are things that just need to be changed, but I think it’s good to get them working first and then think about how to make them viable.

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

It’s fine, bug fixes is all ways good ^^ Glad they started fixing them, still a long list tho

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I think the focus on bugfixes is great. Sure, there are things that just need to be changed, but I think it’s good to get them working first and then think about how to make them viable.

what he said.

still, some major bugs not adressed, or at least not in the patch notes. how necro downed hp still isn’t fixed is beyond me.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

reads patch notes from top to bottem WvW chests… rest is meh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

No fix to Scope = fail.

Last time there was a patch and people said this. A developer responded say its always worked and was never broken. IT just doesn’t show up on your stats and its only 10%, so its not very noticeable

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

No fix to Scope = fail.

Last time there was a patch and people said this. A developer responded say its always worked and was never broken. IT just doesn’t show up on your stats and its only 10%, so its not very noticeable

Then some fellow engies showed him proof that it was not working, to which he replied whether it is working or not they will improve it in the future and proceeded to close the thread. Aka he didn’t know it wasn’t working.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Some of these bug fixes (Throw Mine, deleted bombs) made me go, “Well I never knew!”

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Apparently they fixed the turret traits so that is good, I can finally start running my turret build again!

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Apparently they fixed the turret traits so that is good, I can finally start running my turret build again!

But they did that in the previous patch, I don’t get why its posted up again. Maybe they were waiting for this patch to finally release the fixes but we probably complained furiously enough to get it released earlier than expected :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

But they did that in the previous patch, I don’t get why its posted up again. Maybe they were waiting for this patch to finally release the fixes but we probably complained furiously enough to get it released earlier than expected :P

They threw it in to make the list look longer because they actually didn’t fix much for the
2 weeks they had

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Engineer

Posted by: Ghostpilot.6237

Ghostpilot.6237

It gets better. The mines from Mine Field (Throw Mine’s toolbelt) no longer detonate when an enemy crosses them.

If you are running the Rifled Barrels trait, they instead trigger a 20 second cooldown (despite it being a 14 second cooldown with my 30 in Tools) that resets whenever any of them are crossed (whether it be by friend, foe, or yourself); thus turning what should be a 14 second cooldown into an endlessly-looping cooldown that prevents you from being able to detonate the mines manually.

It’s especially frustrating with as I’d find a groove with it in my Rifle build and know that it won’t be fixed until July at the earliest.

(edited by Ghostpilot.6237)

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m all for bug fixes especially to traits, but I’m definitely with some of you on the whole focus thing.

Don’t they look at the list? There are bugs there that are from BWE2 that are still in the game like Scope that should have priority over anything else. Are they waiting until the anniversary or something?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Riffled turret barrels is still not increasing my turret range. Anyone else notice it’s still not fixed?

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

it’s a great day to be a bomb engi!

http://i.imgur.com/yISpRcl.jpg

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Engineer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I would not be surprised of none of these bug fixes actually worked.
Where going to have to go through and test each one to make sure, seeing as at least 1 has already been proven still broken, and add busted mine to the list of bugs.

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

The bomb fix on glue bomb is awesome, it covers the entire point when I am defending lol

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

reads patch notes from top to bottem WvW chests… rest is meh.

My thoughts exactly.

While I’m glad to get bugfixes and traits operating, it falls firmly under the category of: Should not be broken in the first place.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dubh.6359

Dubh.6359

let’s hope the bug fixes keep coming

in Engineer

Posted by: Tobey.4836

Tobey.4836

I’ve heard that the immobilise from glue bomb lasts longer since the patch (around 2-3sec). Can anyone confirm that ?

in Engineer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

No major nerf utterly destroying or outright removing one of the few viable builds = good patchday for Engineers.

Some bugfixes are just a bonus.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I’ve heard that the immobilise from glue bomb lasts longer since the patch (around 2-3sec). Can anyone confirm that ?

I just tested glue bomb. The immobilize is the same duration, but it now pulses once per second (three times), so it can effectively immobilize everyone around you for about three seconds. It’s actually a pretty huge stealth buff.

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

I just tested glue bomb. The immobilize is the same duration, but it now pulses once per second (three times), so it can effectively immobilize everyone around you for about three seconds. It’s actually a pretty huge stealth buff.

Some people have told me it’s a bug and it’s being fixed lol.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

no gamebreaking nerfs? What?

in Engineer

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Its actually 4 sec since the immob happens immediately at 0 pulse.
Tbh its as broken as it gets..4 sec immob AOE in a huge area that cant get normally cleansed cause it pulses with that low cd???Plus if you get the trait you can reach 25 vuln stacks on target just by using this bomb in a few sec..
Just saying..dont get too attached :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Yah glue bomb is supposed to pulse cripples after its initial immobilize.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Hey, we might get a hot fix!
Or would that be a hot nerf?

in Engineer

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Hey, we might get a hot fix!
Or would that be a hot nerf?

Glue bomb will still be good, it just won’t be absolutely crazy on point.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Finally I don’t have to use Grenade kit to get 25 stacks of vulnerability I can just press Glow bomb.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

If just runes of Lyssa would work with our only viable elite skill, i would be happy.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Concerning glue bomb, I posted this in another thread:

You know, when you read the tooltip it does not say it should NOT work like this.
Maybe we all got so used to the way it worked before, we accepted it’s weak effect.

But yes, I do expect a hotfix… unlike the mass ammount of bugs they could have hotfixed in our favour.

IF they hotfix it, it better come with a fix to mine field, riffled turret barrels, scope… etc!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

the mesmer swap immobilize for 2s while the mesmer can kill everything and is immortal everyhing is fine.

our glow bomb immobilize for 3 sec and the sky falls down….

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

…did they break Rifled Turret Barrels again?

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

…did they break Rifled Turret Barrels again?

they simply never fixed the range.

The damage increase of 15% was indeed fixed.
The extra range is still not there.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

That’s probably more the AI than anything – they’re too busy trying to pump out new kitten every month and catch up to bugs introduced by it to actually fix the AI to recognize that it can suddenly fire further.

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Did you guys watched last streams from AN, with this guy who was playing Warrrior? Now think, what they are doing on Engies.

Second thing is that next 2 patches will be buffing Warrios only. Next patches for Engies will be here in 2014.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Did you guys watched last streams from AN, with this guy who was playing Warrrior? Now think, what they are doing on Engies.

Second thing is that next 2 patches will be buffing Warrios only. Next patches for Engies will be here in 2014.

Engineer and buff? Dont be ridiculous man:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

A lot of times my sentries don’t explode when destroyed.

I am trowing rifle and flame turret at a zergs to cause some confusion. Any explosion was made :~

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Engineer and buff? Dont be ridiculous man:-P

buff? what buff? next patch granade kit nerfed.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Engineer

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

It’s like a box of chocolates, you Nev know what you’re gonna get.

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I’m just happy there were no build crushing nerfs like every other patch lol

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Give it until they put out the next patch – whether they’re fixing things or balancing, something’ll break in a hilariously stupid fashion.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Having a patch where they don’t destroy popular engineer features and builds, seems about the best we can hope for.

Would be nice if the 19 page remainder of the 20 page bug & QoL list that engineer released with became a priority.

(edited by Kalan.9705)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Every set of patch notes I look for something talking about our hobosacks…