Engineer Pet Peeves

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

• You can use magnet pull while moving, but then the pulled target ends up behind you.
  • Flamethrower #1 is best used aimed with the camera, without a target active, yet #2 requires a target. So awkward.
Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Flamethrower tool kit can be activated when stunned, though it is not a stun breaker

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

You can use FT #5 while stomping to prevent interupt

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Rocket boots stopping my movement when I land.

magnet pulling people 2 feet, then they teleport in front of me screwing up my timing (though that might just be my lag)

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

All the key mashing I’m doing to play the engi is causing my laptop’s keyboard to break. Because of that, the keys E, D, and G now only work half the time.

It is maddening to to type with.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Lack of auto-target (and associated autoattack) option on the Grenade kit.

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Retaliation while using the grenade kit.
Wasn’t going to post but just read that one about retaliation :P

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

Rocket boots stopping my movement when I land.

I think this is a lag issue. I suffer from it, and it’s the same with my Warrior leaps (Sword #2).

Unfortunately I can’t make light travel faster and therefore I’m a little screwed.

[TKG] Mollify

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

The change they made to magnet, cone of use is now very small and seems to stop if they move to a side. I didn’t think the old way magnet worked was an issue… Magnet sometimes just drops a person to the floor, without pulling them at all. Magnet sometimes pulls someone all the way to you, then teleports them halfway back and you miss prybar. Magnet sometimes pulls someone halfway, but then they teleports them to you in a second or 2. Magnet won’t pull dolyaks in wvw.

Being feared towards a cliff, using a stunbreaker to keep safe. Then your character falls over dead, even though you didn’t fall off the cliff.

None of the pistol skills are finishers or fields. (Auto attack doesn’t count)

I feel like the rifle #3 blunderbuss skill should reward more aggressive players with more damage.

Randomness of tossed elixirs, and elixir X.

Mortar uselessness.

Ret damage extremely punishing to grenades and flamethrower. Rendering them more or less useless against an experienced force.

The low HP heal bug. Example: you have 100 hp, you heal for 10k. On your screen you see that you now have 10k health. Enemy hits you for 100 damage and you get downed.

Although overcharged shot is very cool, and looks really powerful when it knocks you back… we are CCing ourselves… which seems incredibly silly.

Static discharge having to be manually aimed with like 90% of the toolbelt skills.

Having to invest 30-40 points for a grenade spec that then gets penalized so heavily vs retaliation.

Having only 1 mainhand weapon choice. Want to use a shield but don’t want to use a pistol? TOO BAD.

No crossbows or hammers yet. ^Maybe a one handed mini crossbow!

So many awesome traits but so few effective wvw large scale combat builds. Mostly due to the retaliation issue.

As for the rocket boots discussion it’s an issue for all leaps. Swoop does it, ride the lighting, etc. I don’t have it happen with savage leap though for some reason.

@OP I just manually aim my FT #2. (generally where your characters head is, that is where the shot will fire, might be different for asura)

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

I wish our rifle was a RIFLE not a pseudo shotgun. just doesn’t feel right running up to a mob point blank with a sniper rifle

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: SuperJugy.3192

SuperJugy.3192

I wish our rifle was a RIFLE not a pseudo shotgun. just doesn’t feel right running up to a mob point blank with a sniper rifle

^ this.

SuperJugy Engineer RL and ingame. P/P HGH (PVP) and P/P granadier (PVE)

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I wish our rifle was actually a full-blown shotgun and that all skills scaled up in close range. I don’t want my engi to be a warrior.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

White and Milky,

FT #2 drops through the floor for me with no target.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

I am one of the people who want rifles on engies to be focused on long range combat. It’d be an awesome match for his kits, especially tool and bombs, to have a mixed gameplay of long and melee range. Hell, swap rifles with warriors and engies, modify them a bit. Warriors with all that armor should be on the front lines. Engies strike me as the “tactical” profession, as in methodically picking off targets while having contingency plans (kits and turrets), so it should be complete with a long range weapon aside grenades, as well as tool kits and gadgets to back him up when things get hot.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

When placing an aoe-skill (gren. 1-5) I loose my original target and get a friendly target instead, all the same if auto-target is enabled or not.

Annoying as hell sometimes though not an engi-only issue, happens also with my necro.

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

When i am in range and use prybar…normally after a magnet pull and i get “miss” wtf!

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I wish our rifle was actually a full-blown shotgun and that all skills scaled up in close range. I don’t want my engi to be a warrior.

^This

Engineer by design is a mid-range fighter. Our Rifle is functionally a shotgun, and that should be reflected in it’s entire skill set. Rifle 3 and 5 already benefit from being toe to toe as opposed to max range. Overcharged Shot should function exactly like Blunderbuss where at 100 range it does more damage. Rifle 1 should function like Ranger’s Long Range Shot, but have damage increase as you close in range. This would also increase the reward for the risk we’re already taking to get max damage out of this weapon.

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

^This

Engineer by design is a mid-range fighter. Our Rifle is functionally a shotgun, and that should be reflected in it’s entire skill set. Rifle 3 and 5 already benefit from being toe to toe as opposed to max range. Overcharged Shot should function exactly like Blunderbuss where at 100 range it does more damage. Rifle 1 should function like Ranger’s Long Range Shot, but have damage increase as you close in range. This would also increase the reward for the risk we’re already taking to get max damage out of this weapon.

We need more close range like the game needs more pets.

Bomb/Tool/Grenade/Flamer are all really good close range. You list me the kits that work 500+ on players. Yet you want to make our rifle closer range? I think your wrong i think warrior would have suited you very well because they are extremely potent at close range.

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Toolkit’s Magnet Pull is still extremely buggy, even after all this time after release. Targets get flung into the air, wind up behind you, clip into terrain then buggily appear right in front of you, or simply move 100 units and get back up and dust themselves off a little nonplussed.

In terms of Traits, Engineer is still heavily concentrated into random critical hit procs, which is passive, visually unscoutable, offers no class depth, and complicates balance. Traits like Incendiary Powder, Shrapnel, Go for the Eyes, Infused Precision, Precise Sights, Acidic Coating (It is unfathomable how a rework propagated an ongoing RNG effect).
We even have Target the Weak and Scope to increase our %critical chance on certain triggers – people don’t build for them because they’re bad traits, they aren’t build for because they’re predicated on RNG and not specific X for Y conditions being met to give utility or to reliably do something useful.

And this is not even getting into Elixirs. We should be able to use our Traits to give conditional benefits, like Hammer Mastery for Warrior reliably increasing damage done against stunned targets. Instead we have crit-proc conditions, crit-proc Vulnerability for Power spike damage, crit proc utility in Infused Precision, and RNG proc utility in both Minor and Major Traits. I’d wager that Gadgets, Turrets, Elixirs and Kits would be much better formulated if these traits that drag the class down were looked at and reworked to something that has reliable triggers, gives reliable benefits, and helps balance the game by introducing reliable counterplay.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Engineer Pet Peeves

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

getting revealed by that dodge bomb.
nothing more frustrating than trying to escape a zerg, friendly mesmer going “mass invis comming up” just as I dodged..

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos