Engineer Race after removing hobosack

in Engineer

Posted by: Spie.5024

Spie.5024

Hi guys,

With the removal of hobosack and the new hammer / scrapper spec!

What class do you think offers the best animations / feel for PVE?

I’m between Charr, Human & Asura (Though I feel you can hardly tell what kit you are using on Asura)

What race did you guys pick and why? :-)

Incoming: For the Iron Legion

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

charr has excellent hammer animations. hammer 3 is so brutal.

you don’t have to choose tho, i have a female norn & a male charr & a tree man. all 80 all geared. I’m into the variety.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Charr is pretty awesome, but I would advise you to check out a charr using autoattack on rifle (while wearing a trench coat-like armor) before committing to that.

Personally, I picked Sylvari and am happy with it, but that’s largely because I like sylvari. The biggest benefit of this from a style perspective has been that the bright colors of sylvari hair/skin can look great on futuristic tech looking armor with the right dyes.

It’s also hard to go wrong with asura on engineer. =P

in Engineer

Posted by: Spie.5024

Spie.5024

charr has excellent hammer animations. hammer 3 is so brutal.

you don’t have to choose tho, i have a female norn & a male charr & a tree man. all 80 all geared. I’m into the variety.

Based on your experience, if all I care for is looks (animations and looks) and general feel (aiming nades, control over character) which one would you Recommend most if I only have time to play one engineer ????

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’ve played basically nothing but Charr, except for just a tiny bit of Human after launch, so I don’t have much of a reference point, but I like Charr stuff. XD But, I will say that torso armor is a PAIN to pick out. There are very few good options. The few things that look at all Engineer-y are halfway between shirt and trenchcoat, so that you look like you’re wearing something that shrunk in the wash, or a skirt or something. Very frustrating at times. Compared to the full coat variations on all other classes, with the same skins, it becomes a little disheartening. But, I’m hoping they’ll release something tech-y looking that ISN’T part of a full, anti-customization outfit set, that also doesn’t cover up your gloves. Someday, someday…!

The class is always greener on the other side.